What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Carol Burnett and Tim Conway...wow, that was a class act we'll never see the likes of again.

Although many of us are mid-level geezers, I'm sure there's a bunch of members
that are younger, and never got to experience that kind of comedy. Seems that today
it's all stand-up solo acts, but back then Burnett, Conway, Vicki Lawrence, and their
guests (too many greats to mention) could keep you laughing for the entire hour
of the show.

As clean as they all were, I doubt their brand of humor would do well in today's
social world, and that's just sad.
 
Tried a couple of hrs detecting today. Got 2 tiny bits and about 20 shot pellets.
But nope, I was feeling pain in my neck each pick hit. Everything else was ok just the above average pain in the neck said "chuck it in you aint anywhere near healed yet". So gonna wait till after everything is done. Just a few weeks till the next opp then radiation isolation therapy close after that. I'm thinking realistically maybe April till I can get back into it being sensible about recovery.
In the meantime ill be an armchair prospector and general annoyance. 😁
haha-4071349990.webp
 
Although many of us are mid-level geezers, I'm sure there's a bunch of members
that are younger, and never got to experience that kind of comedy. Seems that today
it's all stand-up solo acts, but back then Burnett, Conway, Vicki Lawrence, and their
guests (too many greats to mention) could keep you laughing for the entire hour
of the show.

As clean as they all were, I doubt their brand of humor would do well in today's
social world, and that's just sad.
Don't forget Harvey Korman, that guy was a riot!
 
Good morning everyone.

I was thinking this morning, pondering this odd ritual of saying good morning on an internet chat thread. And somehow my brain decided it's like the old cafe that used to be on the town square when I was a kid. Most mornings you would see the old farmers wander through, grab a cup of coffee, and say "Good morning" to just about everyone, before heading off to get a couple bags of oats, or a new hitch pin for the tractor, or whatever. This kinda seems like that, in a strange sort of way.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need more coffee, and I have to fix the door on the chicken coop.
 
Last edited:
Mornin' all. I was shocked when I got up this morning....it's not raining..yet. :icon_thumright:

I was thinking this morning, pondering this odd ritual of saying good morning on an internet chat thread. And somehow my brain decided it's like the old cafe that used to be on the town square when I was a kid.

Back in the truckin' days there were a few small town cafe's where there was enough room
to park a semi, and those were always the best places for an early breakfast. I'd see whole
farming families in there for morning chow, and there was always sense of "family" about it.
Folks would chat about this and that, and always left in a far better frame of mind after
spending an hour or so around them all, as I didn't feel quite so far from home.
 
Mornin all.

Anyone debating my size for gifts ...80 acres will fit just fine.

:thumbsup:
That's gonna take heaps of extra wool for the ugly sweater I had planned for you, I better go shear an extra couple of dozen sheeps then.
 
Good morning everybody

Yesterday results from the ski slopes. More snow melted but whether reports say more is on its way.View attachment 2238082View attachment 2238083View attachment 2238084

Congrats!
Dang! 70 plus year area on a lot of those recoveries.
(Would be a hoot to see what the Ford key fits.)

That style Ford key was for 1949, 1950, & 1951 Ford ignitions.

Here's an original NOS uncut set.

1766436845454.webp
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom