What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning everyone.

I was thinking this morning, pondering this odd ritual of saying good morning on an internet chat thread. And somehow my brain decided it's like the old cafe that used to be on the town square when I was a kid. Most mornings you would see the old farmers wander through, grab a cup of coffee, and say "Good morning" to just about everyone, before heading off to get a couple bags of oats, or a new hitch pin for the tractor, or whatever. This kinda seems like that, in a strange sort of way.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need more coffee, and I have to fix the door on the chicken coop.
Its kinda funny because by the time I see most of them, like right now, its your afternoon or evening but it is my actual morning. So strangely at the time of your posting (2.51 am our time) you are saying good morning to each other, and hours later the same post is saying good morning to me (8 am here right now). If I say good morning now, its your evening, but those who don't see it may see it in the morning so it would be good morning then. So should I say good evening followed by good morning or take my misses advice and as she usually says "for crying out loud just shut up!" 🤔
 
Here let me help ya..

:coffee2:
I had these in mind. Any preference 😀
6-3-2593816147.webp

reindeer-head-ugly-christmas-sweater-1262456939.webp

16-3170852152.webp

834379862f7217d2954de73f2b282e9b-417794934.webp
 
Its kinda funny because by the time I see most of them, like right now, its your afternoon or evening but it is my actual morning. So strangely at the time of your posting (2.51 am our time) you are saying good morning to each other, and hours later the same post is saying good morning to me (8 am here right now). If I say good morning now, its your evening, but those who don't see it may see it in the morning so it would be good morning then. So should I say good evening followed by good morning or take my misses advice and as she usually says "for crying out loud just shut up!" 🤔
That is why they say G'Day.
 
Its kinda funny because by the time I see most of them, like right now, its your afternoon or evening but it is my actual morning. So strangely at the time of your posting (2.51 am our time) you are saying good morning to each other, and hours later the same post is saying good morning to me (8 am here right now). If I say good morning now, its your evening, but those who don't see it may see it in the morning so it would be good morning then. So should I say good evening followed by good morning or take my misses advice and as she usually says "for crying out loud just shut up!"

Don't base it off of when I say G'day....as that could be at anytime around the clock.

That "Circadian Rhythm" thing? Yeah....I don't have one of those, so my "morning" changes
from day to day, generally moving ahead a few hours each day. For people who are blind,
this is known as "Non-24", meaning our bodies are not in sync with the day/night cycle.

I'm usually up about 18-20 hrs., and then I'll sleep for 10-12 hrs., making my average day
roughly 30 hrs. long, instead of the normal 24. Discussed this with my cardiologist, and he
says "No worries...just do what works best for you..".
 
Don't base it off of when I say G'day....as that could be at anytime around the clock.

That "Circadian Rhythm" thing? Yeah....I don't have one of those, so my "morning" changes
from day to day, generally moving ahead a few hours each day. For people who are blind,
this is known as "Non-24", meaning our bodies are not in sync with the day/night cycle.

I'm usually up about 18-20 hrs., and then I'll sleep for 10-12 hrs., making my average day
roughly 30 hrs. long, instead of the normal 24. Discussed this with my cardiologist, and he
says "No worries...just do what works best for you..".
No matter how you add up your day there's still only 24hrs.
Hours Calculator https://share.google/kJc4FThKpky9GqMud
Now if you getting paid that's when it gets interesting.
When I first opened my business I would do 42 hour straight, sleep for 2 hours, do 36 hours get 4 hours 😴, do 24 hours, crash for 8 hours. Repeat.....
Those were long days.
 
No matter how you add up your day there's still only 24hrs.

100% correct, celestially speaking. I was referencing the hours based on the time I wake up one day,
to the time I wake up the next day, and the following day, etc.

I got up today at 10am, and will probably get to bed around 5am, and then get up between
3pm and 5pm. It just sorta rolls forward every day.

And yes, tried all manner of ways to get back to a normal cycle....every time I've tried it gets me
completely out of whack and unreasonably cranky.
bur2.gif



When I first opened my business I would do 42 hour straight, sleep for 2 hours, do 36 hours get 4 hours 😴, do 24 hours, crash for 8 hours. Repeat.....


Back in the truckin' days there were many times I had to push myself out to
48 hrs.+ without sleep in order to deliver a critical load, but as soon as the load
was delivered I'd hit the bunk until I was rested enough to get back behind the wheel.

What you're describing sounds more like a recipe to an early grave....but I do understand
the commitment it takes to get a new business up and running successfully.
 
No matter how you add up your day there's still only 24hrs.
Hours Calculator https://share.google/kJc4FThKpky9GqMud
Now if you getting paid that's when it gets interesting.
When I first opened my business I would do 42 hour straight, sleep for 2 hours, do 36 hours get 4 hours 😴, do 24 hours, crash for 8 hours. Repeat.....
Those were long days.
The upside is to work 85-100 hrs a week. Then retire after 13 yrs.
40 hrs a week would take too long.🤣
 
100% correct, celestially speaking. I was referencing the hours based on the time I wake up one day,
to the time I wake up the next day, and the following day, etc.

I got up today at 10am, and will probably get to bed around 5am, and then get up between
3pm and 5pm. It just sorta rolls forward every day.

And yes, tried all manner of ways to get back to a normal cycle....every time I've tried it gets me
completely out of whack and unreasonably cranky. View attachment 2238139





Back in the truckin' days there were many times I had to push myself out to
48 hrs.+ without sleep in order to deliver a critical load, but as soon as the load
was delivered I'd hit the bunk until I was rested enough to get back behind the wheel.

What you're describing sounds more like a recipe to an early grave....but I do understand
the commitment it takes to get a new business up and running successfully.
I wore out after 13 yrs.
I had a close friend that said 10 yrs.
I asked him what he ment, and he said you can push it like I was for 10 yrs.
Then you'll be done.
"Jimmy we've all done it too"

He hit the nail on the head, @ the 10yr mark I wanted out.
Retired at 48 if that means anything.
Been 19 yrs of no headaches.
 

In the early 80's I had a long barrel Colt .22. I was trying to sell it to a shop, and he wanted to flip it to Hank Williams Jr.
He said HW Jr. had a huge collection of Colts, and he'd probably be interested.

But I couldn't hang around for a week longer as he was out on tour.
So I accepted less for the piece just so I could be on the road again.
 
Don't base it off of when I say G'day....as that could be at anytime around the clock.

That "Circadian Rhythm" thing? Yeah....I don't have one of those, so my "morning" changes
from day to day, generally moving ahead a few hours each day. For people who are blind,
this is known as "Non-24", meaning our bodies are not in sync with the day/night cycle.

I'm usually up about 18-20 hrs., and then I'll sleep for 10-12 hrs., making my average day
roughly 30 hrs. long, instead of the normal 24. Discussed this with my cardiologist, and he
says "No worries...just do what works best for you..".
My rhythm got messed up with working revolving shifts from 17 yrs old to 26 yrs old at the Melbourne airport. Then night security for yrs later after a few yrs break working normal. Im quite a bit of an insomniac. But my best way, and its been every night for 30yrs easy, is every night with an earphone in one ear listening to things and falling asleep. That's why you'll see so many post replies from me like "I was listening to this, heard that, listened to a talk, listen to sermons, .......
I too actually dream vivid dreams the moment my eyes close every single time every sleep. Some are weird, some nice, some are horrific nightmares, its random. Im used to them now like I watched a movie each night. Its the result of multiple heavy head injuries. I have several areas on my brain showing visible scar tissue from scans done a number of yrs ago when they were looking at things.
Nah im not crazy but that is the legacy of 2 bad motorbike accidents, 2 really bad accidents riding push bikes down crazy steep hills, 3 bad falls horse riding, a fall off of a cliff ledge and boxing. My hospital records at the Royal Melbourne hospital back in the 80s before digital were about 5 inches thick, no BS.
Some nights I don't really fall fully asleep, drift of for 10, 20 minutes and awake, wash rinse repeat. Im used to it though now and have been for the past 30 yrs.
Its my normal.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom