What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good.... by the looks of the dark outside it's evening... everyone! I did a morning of shopping for stocking stuffers today. Yes, I know I'm late, but I am every year! Took a nap and now I'm late. That's okay because I'm retired!
Never too late to a party 😁
 
West coast (of US) just waking up to downpour and flooding; between red and orange on the weather map.
Worse between Santa Barbara and LA right now. This is not a passing thunderstorm; especially tough for those who live in the areas that were burned earlier this year; flash flooding and landslides will be in the news today-- hopefully no injuries. Not a pleasant way to experience 'the day before' and Christmas Eve.
My best wishes to you all.
Don in SoCal
 

Baby Boomers (1946-1964) are followed by Generation X (1965-1980), and then Millennials (1981-1996)

I'm thinking they used some Baby Boomers to hype the Gen X in the video.
 
Mornin all.



  • [Here's the story of how this song was written:

    Mel Torme and Bob Wells were songwriting partners, and used to take turns going over to each others' homes to write songs. One particularly hot July day, Mel drove over to Bob's house in Teluca Lake, California. When he got there he walked into the house, couldn't find Bob, but found a spiral notepad of paper with some words on it: "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your nose, Yuletide Carols being sung by a choir, folks dressed up like Eskimos." When Mel found Bob, he asked him, "What's this?" and Bob said, "It's so blistering hot here, and thought it would be fun to see if I could write something about a totally different season, the winter season, Christmas season, and see if I could mentally, virtually cool off." Mel said, "Not only have you also cooled me off, but I think you've got a song here!" And the duo wrote the rest of the song in about 35 minutes.]
 
Good morning everybody

Don is right it’s raining a lot here and windy, lost another branch off the tree that I’m waiting for Edison to cut down, they say in January. Sleep like crap because the wind blowing thing around.
IMG_2126.webp
 
Good morning everybody

Don is right it’s raining a lot here and windy, lost another branch off the tree that I’m waiting for Edison to cut down, they say in January. Sleep like crap because the wind blowing thing around.View attachment 2238283
Been hearing that CA. has been getting hit pretty hard.
I'm thinking there might be an unhappy rose bush under that branch.
Look on the bright side of things. You started a fish habitat right there in your own pool.👍
 
Baby Boomers (1946-1964) are followed by Generation X (1965-1980), and then Millennials (1981-1996)

I'm thinking they used some Baby Boomers to hype the Gen X in the video.
That's OK.... Boomers are cool ! I'm Gen X by one year !
My daughter and most of her friends act like Boomer/X !!! Raise 'em right they say.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom