THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Getting ready to go out to the church site in the bush. Really don't expect a lot of recoveries but it will be a better temperature of what it was last July 4th/23, which was nearing 90F with a 97% humidity.
Today it'll reach 72F as it's only 45F right now.

It's my May 25th anniversary, making it 37 yrs of being drug free.
Still kind of humbling to think that it was a lifetime ago-though the memories of it stays real.
I often read and hear the struggles of others and it makes stop and think for a bit.

A detecting friend told me he lost his son finally a year ago to drugs.
I remember the story he shared when we detected/roomed together in England.(2013-15)
Sad type of struggle where the parent would move the earth to help their kid, but it just doesn't work that way.

It really has to come from within what ever it takes to turn that switch off for good.
There's no deals with anyone-the false promises of change only to set one self up for the reoccurring fall.

For myself it was just that I got tired, the fun of it was gone, I wasn't enjoying it anymore.
So the light switch was flipped, for good, no regrets, no possibility of ever having to switch it back on.

There's a sobering thought that I have to admit. If the switch was turned back on, I would be dead.
Today the scene on the streets are not what they were 40+ yrs ago.
Sure some of the same drugs are used, but they weren't laced with what they are with today's cocktail.

I guess this can be applied to other things as well. Heck even the simplest of pleasures, no matter what it is that gives that dopamine hit.

Today it will be once again my time. Go to get a little me time, alone, nature, no cell phone reception, digging in the dirt. Hopefully getting a little dopamine hit hearing a high tone.
Hope everyone has a great day today.
Take a little me time, if you get the chance.

Good morning everyone, holiday weekend! :coffee2: :hello2: Sunrise this morning at Indialantic Beach.
20240525_062852~2.jpg
20240525_063023~2.jpg
Screenshot_20240525_064436_Photos.jpg
20240525_063242~2.jpg

Getting ready to go out to the church site in the bush. Really don't expect a lot of recoveries but it will be a better temperature of what it was last July 4th/23, which was nearing 90F with a 97% humidity.
Today it'll reach 72F as it's only 45F right now.

It's my May 25th anniversary, making it 37 yrs of being drug free.
Still kind of humbling to think that it was a lifetime ago-though the memories of it stays real.
I often read and hear the struggles of others and it makes stop and think for a bit.

A detecting friend told me he lost his son finally a year ago to drugs.
I remember the story he shared when we detected/roomed together in England.(2013-15)
Sad type of struggle where the parent would move the earth to help their kid, but it just doesn't work that way.

It really has to come from within what ever it takes to turn that switch off for good.
There's no deals with anyone-the false promises of change only to set one self up for the reoccurring fall.

For myself it was just that I got tired, the fun of it was gone, I wasn't enjoying it anymore.
So the light switch was flipped, for good, no regrets, no possibility of ever having to switch it back on.

There's a sobering thought that I have to admit. If the switch was turned back on, I would be dead.
Today the scene on the streets are not what they were 40+ yrs ago.
Sure some of the same drugs are used, but they weren't laced with what they are with today's cocktail.

I guess this can be applied to other things as well. Heck even the simplest of pleasures, no matter what it is that gives that dopamine hit.

Today it will be once again my time. Go to get a little me time, alone, nature, no cell phone reception, digging in the dirt. Hopefully getting a little dopamine hit hearing a high tone.
Hope everyone has a great day today.
Take a little me time, if you get the chance.
Congrats Pep! 👏

:metaldetector: <------ the absolute *BEST* for getting a "dopamine hit"!

heard my first Cuckoo today 😍 xx (nb. Not my first ever, my first this year 😆) xx
That's funny. Must be the time of year -- I heard a cuckoo here the other day as well. First time I've ever heard one and knew what it was.

Goodwill score. Top piece was removed and 1 of the screws fell in to the works..... Most likely knocked something out of kilter. Needs refinished also. I identified it easily (numbers on the back and works)

100_0065.JPG

100_0066.JPG

100_0063.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back