What's new

The Waltz Map

Doc4261

Keep in mind, that the area where Waltz worked in - wasn't that difficult to get to. So, if you've found an area that is extremely difficult to reach, it's probably NOT the correct location. Waltz was able to get in there and out of there pretty quickly AND was able to avoid others trying to follow him. The reason why the LDM has not been found, is due to the area not looking like it was worked. That is the "secret" to all of this. People have created an image in their heads - a preconceived notion if you will, that the Mine and his cache must be in an area so difficult to get to, that no one has made it in there. This is a stumbling block for many.
-SpartanOC
If I didnt have a 40 lb pack and carry 32 lb of water up a mntn, it would be easy. 😂 He had a mule.
 
If I didnt have a 40 lb pack and carry 32 lb of water up a mntn, it would be easy. 😂 He had a mule.
Doc4261

Indeed he did - but he was in and out before you could find him, which informs us that - where ever he was going to, wasn't that far from Phoenix. I've been out there myself and no matter where you go, you're not going anywhere quickly - unless the distance you're going for, is close. Even Mules have issues getting into areas where people think the LDM is located in.

You could carry just a thermos of water and it's going to take one some time, to get through in most areas back in there.
-SpartanOC
 
Doc4261

Indeed he did - but he was in and out before you could find him, which informs us that - where ever he was going to, wasn't that far from Phoenix. I've been out there myself and no matter where you go, you're not going anywhere quickly - unless the distance you're going for, is close. Even Mules have issues getting into areas where people think the LDM is located in.

You could carry just a thermos of water and it's going to take one some time, to get through in most areas back in there.
-SpartanOC
I agree, If ya go by supposably first hand info. Holmes followed him from the north and got caught being followed. And Julia and Petrasch was told how to go from the north. It would seem the easiest way would be from the north. But a lot of people seem to be stuck by going from the south. There is a story that there was gold buried in a river bed worth thousands and thousands..Tuttle did a story of it a couple months ago Legends 428. Worth listening to.. Always thought that might of been his stashes. Easy to get to. Would make sense with Holmes acct. but what do I know, just piecing the puzzle together the best I can, like everyone else..
 
Last edited:
If I didnt have a 40 lb pack and carry 32 lb of water up a mntn, it would be easy. 😂 He had a mule.

Your mention of 3 days one way earlier had me scheming a 2.5 day hike to drop a cache of water and return. Next visit a 2 day hike to drop water.
Next visit drop water at 1.5 day.
Next visit drop at a day out and return.
Next trip half a day out to drop.
Next trip go for the gold. Bring usual 32 lb. water. ( Or 33.)
 
Your mention of 3 days one way earlier had me scheming a 2.5 day hike to drop a cache of water and return. Next visit a 2 day hike to drop water.
Next visit drop water at 1.5 day.
Next visit drop at a day out and return.
Next trip half a day out to drop.
Next trip go for the gold. Bring usual 32 lb. water. ( Or 33.)
I was lucky enough to of had a light drizzle my first trip up the mntn. When get to my spot I look, there is a couple small pools in a ravine that collected the run off before it went over the sheer edge. Enough to not have to worry about water. Have not had that luck again. If I'm lucky enough to be down there in them conditions. I will change my course and go back up again. I only get a week a yr or couple yrs to go. Want it productive, but also safe. Also have a spot on treasure mntn if ya know what map I'm talking about. If ya do, where el rojo is the area I go. There is also a spot that Id like to go back and see on treasure mntn what looked to be a walled up location but could only see it when the rocks were wet, they are a lil different color than the background. Makes it stand out. Can see it ain't natural unless rocks stack themselves... Mabe I'm just seeing things.. Anyways, All on the bucket list. Pics was from video, bad thing is I didn't video around it to pinpoint it without going again.. Like I said take as many as u can. Great to review when u arnt in the mntns. And a pic of el rojo just for kicks. Can see the fault and how dif the rock is on the hanging wall.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260708-205842.webp
    Screenshot_20260708-205842.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20260708-205828.webp
    Screenshot_20260708-205828.webp
    70.9 KB · Views: 50
  • FB_IMG_1783560010201.webp
    FB_IMG_1783560010201.webp
    109 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
IdahoDutch your information is awesome and very detailed. I downloaded Google Earth Pro to try and get all your map info posted. I wanted to see it in a full screen. Are these pictures correct based on your maps you posted? I went with the full view on the first pic based on Weavers Needle being a clue to the South. Then made a map pic north based on your two posts. Let me know how wrong or close to and I can adjust them.

I also wanted to ask a question on the Waltz map you posted. Is it meant to be sideways as is? Or rotated so the Star N points northerly?

Thanks
Chris
 

Attachments

  • Map 1.webp
    Map 1.webp
    884.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Map 2.webp
    Map 2.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
IdahoDutch your information is awesome and very detailed. I downloaded Google Earth Pro to try and get all your map info posted. I wanted to see it in a full screen. Are these pictures correct based on your maps you posted? I went with the full view on the first pic based on Weavers Needle being a clue to the South. Then made a map pic north based on your two posts. Let me know how wrong or close to and I can adjust them.

I also wanted to ask a question on the Waltz map you posted. Is it meant to be sideways as is? Or rotated so the Star N points northerly?

Thanks
Chris
Hello Chris,
Typically, but not always, if you are looking at a map, and North is not shown, the next indicator is the TITLE of the map. When looking at the map, turn it so the title is correct (not upside down, or sideways).
North should be at the top.

In this case, “The Waltz Map” appears to be the title of the map. Holding the map so the title is correct for reading, puts North at the top.

When holding the map with the Title ready to read, the sideways “N” is a mystery. Otherwise it could be a “Z” as well.

The star was a marker on top of the giant rock pile, showing location of Waltz’ mine. It indicates the location of the tunnel opening directly below.

The pin location on your first Google earth image, for the star, is actually near the north end of the saddle, near where the arrow of the waltz map is pointing.

Below is a Google earth image, looking South into the region of the Waltz map.
The lower left corner, where the saddle is dropping down into needle creek … just left of that corner, is about where you put the pin for the star. The star location in this G.E. Image, is actually almost dead center of the image.
I hope this helps. 👍

IMG_0019.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom