What's new

The Waltz Map

Here is a copy of the Waltz map.
Here are some basics:
- I believe this map is 2 sections.
- The left 1/3 of this is an enlargement of the core area, shown on the right hand map section.
- the right hand map section, is more of a plot map, as far as I can tell.
- I suspect greatly, that Waltz made this map for himself….. so he would not have a hard time finding the exact spots of things again .… (something he mentioned to Rhiney)
- I also suspect that waltz gave and/or showed this map to Julia, during the talking and planing of the potential trip of Waltz leading them in, at least part way from the board house.
I think it was to be applied, once in the mine vicinity.
I think Waltz figured that if he could get them to the vicinity, then this map, along with his explanation of the map, would get Julia to the mine(s).

I believe 99.999% that this map is real.(but probably a duplicate of the original.)
Idahodutch
View attachment 2105231
Looks like Reavis Ranch location to me
 
Looks like Reavis Ranch location to me

LOL ! That narrows it down. From the North trail head past the ranch and Elisha's grave to the ranch trail #109 southern terminus is about 10 miles.


But there is much interesting geographical imagery out by that ranch.
 
Looks like Reavis Ranch location to me
Good morning 383stroker,
You had quoted my post, about the location, I’m guessing. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’m not sure what you mean. Would you be willing to explain?
Thanks,
Idahodutch
 
Good morning 383stroker,
You had quoted my post, about the location, I’m guessing. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’m not sure what you mean. Would you be willing to explain?
Thanks,
Idahodutch
Out past Iron Mountain, in that area looks like that map would fit. I’ve never been in that particular area, I went past Angel Springs up on White Mnt. a few times. Lots of white quartz all over
 
Out past Iron Mountain, in that area looks like that map would fit. I’ve never been in that particular area, I went past Angel Springs up on White Mnt. a few times. Lots of white quartz all over
I have not been there.
Depending on what the map is actually for, might have that area working, or might not.

If the map is thought to be something Waltz gave to Julia, then still depends on if it was to be used by Julia after being pointed the way from a spot north of the board house.
The spot where Waltz was thinking he could get to by wagon, to point the way from.

I have not tried to plot out possible pathways to the area you are talking about. Then the map also would need to match up 😉 …. Plus clues would be there too …. and one or more of the stories would probably be matched up.

Or maybe the map has nothing to do with the board house clue. 🤷🏼‍♂️

To my knowledge, Waltz’ mine has not been opened back up, since he covered it with logs and then rocks and dirt.

I’ve heard it is beautiful out where you’re talking about though. 😁
 
I have not been there.
Depending on what the map is actually for, might have that area working, or might not.

If the map is thought to be something Waltz gave to Julia, then still depends on if it was to be used by Julia after being pointed the way from a spot north of the board house.
The spot where Waltz was thinking he could get to by wagon, to point the way from.

I have not tried to plot out possible pathways to the area you are talking about. Then the map also would need to match up 😉 …. Plus clues would be there too …. and one or more of the stories would probably be matched up.

Or maybe the map has nothing to do with the board house clue. 🤷🏼‍♂️

To my knowledge, Waltz’ mine has not been opened back up, since he covered it with logs and then rocks and dirt.

I’ve heard it is beautiful out where you’re talking about though. 😁
About 1 mile north of Angel Springs, the place where that artist guy Degarzia? burned his paintings is a cave and a spire and features that match the Perfil Map. I found a waterfall that matches Waltz’s description up past there. There’s a few water tanks/pools that eventually drop down to a catch basin. You would need a rope to help you get down and back out if you could find something to tie it to. I found what I thought was a piece of gold in the bottom of one of the tanks one time, but it didn’t pass the hammer test. I remember Somehiker posting about some guys found an old leather pouch full of gold down from the cave by Frog Tanks trail where I posted some pictures of some old gear that I found there by the wash. I know for a fact that there’s mountain lions around there.
 
About 1 mile north of Angel Springs, the place where that artist guy Degarzia? burned his paintings is a cave and a spire and features that match the Perfil Map. I found a waterfall that matches Waltz’s description up past there. There’s a few water tanks/pools that eventually drop down to a catch basin. You would need a rope to help you get down and back out if you could find something to tie it to. I found what I thought was a piece of gold in the bottom of one of the tanks one time, but it didn’t pass the hammer test. I remember Somehiker posting about some guys found an old leather pouch full of gold down from the cave by Frog Tanks trail where I posted some pictures of some old gear that I found there by the wash. I know for a fact that there’s mountain lions around there.
Yes, there are mountain lions west of your area also.
Many moons ago, in my youth, we camped over by where Roger’s canyon and Rough canyon come together. We spent time hiking and exploring Rough canyon. We were traversing along the northern canyon wall, and could see caves on the other side of the canyon. We went over there, and there had been mud slides inside of this one cave that was bigger. It looked unstable, and smelled of cat. We shined a flashlight all affront near the entrance, but no glowing eyes were showing up. 😎

There were a lot of broken pottery parts in the mud flows. Maybe things were stored in those caves 🤷🏼‍♂️
It really didn’t look safe to go into, we thought about it.

you mentioned quartz over in your area. The east side does seem to have a lot of old volcanic activity. At one point, we came across a bunch of geodes.
When we hiked into Rough canyon, we came into the canyon from the NE of the canyon mouth, skirting the northern wall of the canyon.
Once around and into Rough canyon, heading easterly, there was a lot of water in there. Deep pools of water down in the bottom of Rough canyon.
It was one of 2 trips. The other trip we only spent a night on the trail. The next morning one of our party was not well, and we hiked back out. 😐

It was gorgeous back towards the east side. 👍
 
Yes, there are mountain lions west of your area also.
Many moons ago, in my youth, we camped over by where Roger’s canyon and Rough canyon come together. We spent time hiking and exploring Rough canyon. We were traversing along the northern canyon wall, and could see caves on the other side of the canyon. We went over there, and there had been mud slides inside of this one cave that was bigger. It looked unstable, and smelled of cat. We shined a flashlight all affront near the entrance, but no glowing eyes were showing up. 😎

There were a lot of broken pottery parts in the mud flows. Maybe things were stored in those caves 🤷🏼‍♂️
It really didn’t look safe to go into, we thought about it.

you mentioned quartz over in your area. The east side does seem to have a lot of old volcanic activity. At one point, we came across a bunch of geodes.
When we hiked into Rough canyon, we came into the canyon from the NE of the canyon mouth, skirting the northern wall of the canyon.
Once around and into Rough canyon, heading easterly, there was a lot of water in there. Deep pools of water down in the bottom of Rough canyon.
It was one of 2 trips. The other trip we only spent a night on the trail. The next morning one of our party was not well, and we hiked back out. 😐

It was gorgeous back towards the east side. 👍
 
393stroker,
Thanks for trying. I recently tried to send a video via email, and it was too big of a an attachment. Once prior, with a different video, I was able to shorten the video, but then couldn’t retrieve the original.

Maybe making a copy of the video, and modifying the copy 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’m not the guy to ask on this kind stuff though. 😵‍💫🤷🏼‍♂️

Good luck 👍
Idahodutch
 
Last edited:
HP is is the Horse Priest stone maps. On one side of the map has a carving of what's supposed to be a priest and on the other side is a carving of a horse. Behind the horse's ear is a circle with a dot in it. That circle represents a mine. That is the mine behind the ear.

IMG_9700.webp
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom