What's new

TNet Less Popular???

starsplitter

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
497
Reaction score
76
Golden Thread
0
Greetings:
The title is intended to grab attention, more or less. It has been quite a while since I've spent significant time on TNet. It feels different, less lively. Has it's popularity declined? Has THing itself become less popular? Not trying to be incendiary here, honestly curious. Thanks.
Star
 
Lots of relic hunters are getting to the point in life where digging in 96*F heat isn't fun anymore so things slow a little in the summer months.
As long as people are finding pointed rocks this site will continue. rocks claimed to be Indian artifacts are posted almost daily.
many join to ask what they've found and never post again . I call them one and done.
I saw a post a month or so ago where a new member was asking about the best relic hunting games. he want's to sit on the couch and relic hunt?
many younger folks are happy to just sit around and play a game instead of living in the real world.
 
Greetings:
The title is intended to grab attention, more or less. It has been quite a while since I've spent significant time on TNet. It feels different, less lively. Has it's popularity declined? Has THing itself become less popular? Not trying to be incendiary here, honestly curious. Thanks.
Star

Why has it been a while for you? I think Facebook groups pull a lot of the traffic.
 
I know several people who used to post regularly here and now I only see them on Facebook forums.
 
It's not just here at TNet, all the detecting forums are showing less traffic.

As others have said, I blame Facebook!

For the record I prefer the forum format!!
 
Yes,

Ive been a long time member. The site over the yrs in my opinion has declined in the number of posters.

Years ago we had a great bunch of steady posters. I've slowly seen them drop off over the yrs.

I agree summer months less hunting to hot. I'm finding great things almost daily.

I stopped posting because I let to many finds build up then I make a post and people start with this is todays finds not your best finds etc.

Gets annoying after awhile. Im at 74 silvers so far this season and have only posted maybe a few items this season.

I don't need praise from the forums to keep me going. However it is nice to share things that you find.

If I don't post them. They get cleaned and set under glass and know one ever sees them.

Tnet though is still the best treasure forum in my opinion.

Jer
 
Great question starsplitter, and I'm interested in what everyone has to say on this topic.
I've noticed fewer treasure-related posts on the front page (and more politics-related posts there, unfortunately), but I wrote this off as just the slow summer timeframe.

Maybe it's something else - maybe people really are moving to Facebook etc.
I certainly see a lot of people on Facebook all trying to drive people to watch their Youtube videos.... (And it annoys me that everyone thinks they can be a Youtube star....)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing what others have to say on this topic.

- Brian
 
I don't really study where T-Net falls in a popularity contest.
The resources exist here. As well as the experience of successful treasurehunters , detectorists and more.
Been a long time since checking other detecting sites. Not sure what would be considered competition without stats. (I do hit other nondetecting related sites. Few as active as here. )

Used to notice the crakle and pop of activity here , vs periods of little to no activity elsewhere. That caught my eye early on.
I'm not on Facebook , so no idea what's going on there. Seems detecting or treasurehunting would be a niche though. Vs a sites focus.

Per todays stats , TreasureNet seems to be holding it's own just fine.

[Currently Active UsersCurrently Active Users
There are currently 1740 users online. 55 members and 1685 guests

Most users ever online was 16,224, May 25, 2019 at 04:31 AM.

• Administrators Admin Icon • Super Moderators SMod Icon • Moderators Mod Icon • Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor • Charter Member Charter Member Icon • Registered Users

releventchair Charter Member Icon* brianc053 Charter Member Icon CygnusX1 Charter Member Icon fistfulladirt Charter Member Icon PaleIO Charter Member Icon Phantasman Charter Member Icon Relicgrubber Charter Member Icon jeff of pa SMod Icon AC500 arobertson2 BASSFAN07 billb Black Duck blazed bowwinkles Buck 01 captain redbeard CASPER-2 choo CreakyDigger delnorter Evan in CA eyemustdigtreasure Fat+ GameOfTones gdgros GoDeep golddigger14s jamest64 Javadroid Lib3rtyOrDe@th Louie D MPearce27 mrmastadon MrSmithOriginal Oscar Goldman phielin Progan33 Red-Coat rhedden schlooppy sdcfia SeabeeRon Silvermonkey Sly'sOldShedProspecting Thatguy tinpan Truth zbrown210
TreasureNet - Users in ChatTreasureNet - Users in Chat
No users are currently in the chat area.

TreasureNet - The Original Treasure Hunting Website StatisticsTreasureNet - The Original Treasure Hunting Website Statistics
Threads 611,187 Posts 6,525,693 Members 146,175
Welcome to our newest member, blazed]
 
It has been quite a while since I've spent significant time on TNet. It feels different, less lively. Has it's popularity declined? Has THing itself become less popular? Not trying to be incendiary here, honestly curious. Thanks.
Star

Well, then spend more time here and help liven up the place....:occasion14:
 
To paraphrase what JFK said: “Ask not what your country (treasurenet) can do for you – ask what you can do for your country (treasurenet),”
Don....
 
I don’t get out at all between the middle of May and end of October because of the deadly Michigan sun/heat/humidity. Seventy five degrees, 50% humidity might get me out.
 
TreasureNet still has the most posts, threads and members on line and hits for Treasure websites on the net, but we have lost a lot of posting and members to the scourge of the net, Facebook. I hate the treasure websites on Facebook, it is hard to pull up old threads or look for specific topics.
 
I'll stay here, I don't even have a Facebook account, (and plan on keeping it that way). I enjoy this site.
 
People come and go, not only here but on other forums as well. Lower interest is also affecting stamp shows and clubs and coin shows and clubs.
 
In all honesty, I've never even been to another treasure hunting
forum, or any sites on Fbook.

Came here, felt comfortable and settled in.

I figger if it ain't broke, no need to fix it.. sign0011.gif
 
I think some people are to lazy too respond to post and also just alot on non-members reading only. It shows when some topics have 243423 views and 4 comments or less.
 
Last edited:
Facebook, their the ones who delete posts if the they feel less than? They are know for collaboration with certain agencies....Loaded with misinformation experts to include bots...But what do I know....JUST MY OPINION.... rant over lol


TNet Less Popular??? to really answer, you can only opine on one forum at a time so its is plausible folks come and go to include one place family/friends networking.
 
Last edited:
when summers got too hot...too buggy...too much poison ivy and places got hunted out - i started water hunting
i still try and do farm fields in spring and fall - but I mostly do water now - i try and hit areas with a history and
find relics from the 1800s as well as coins and jewelry over 100+ yrs old in the water
with gold prices so high - you land guys should consider it
here is one of my better yrs worth from water
attachment.php


Lots of relic hunters are getting to the point in life where digging in 96*F heat isn't fun anymore so things slow a little in the summer months.
As long as people are finding pointed rocks this site will continue. rocks claimed to be Indian artifacts are posted almost daily.
many join to ask what they've found and never post again . I call them one and done.
I saw a post a month or so ago where a new member was asking about the best relic hunting games. he want's to sit on the couch and relic hunt?
many younger folks are happy to just sit around and play a game instead of living in the real world.
 
I think we still have a good number of readers but probably fewer "posters" I doubt that serious detectors would prefer the "brain dead" Facebook.
 
Just look at the metal detecting/brands/minelab/equinox subforums and see 22,000 posts. Everyone had bought an Equinox and are out hunting and finding lots of goodies. Maybe that explains it. Other areas of the forum are drying up and only the Equinox sub-forum is hyper active.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom