• acorn1.jpg
    acorn1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 2,961

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Re: brass acorn

Chagy said:
PBK you are the man. Great job, nice very nice...........research is what we play and results is the name of the game..........

Best,

Chagy.......

P.S. Well I guess now you can tell the original forum who post it, who found it " the reseach team of Treasurenet.com"

Thanks, Chagy... Or should I say, "Bam-bam! BAM-BAM!"

Upvote 0

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigcypresshunter said:
I wouldn't talk to Dig like this if I were you. ;) :D

Jeez BigC,

I think the point was that the mechanical aspects of this thing, make it not very LIKELY as a weapon. I would think this more possible if it were solid without the interior mechanism. Bolas are very simple weapons. They have been around for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time. I wouldn't see this as part of a Bola Evolution. Digem was the one who first suggested throwing it, and the reply was simply that this 1.5" X 1.5" piece of brass with two (or three) 3/4" spikes wouldn't make a very effective weapon (even if there were twenty of them tied to a cord). I could pick up a baseball sized piece of rock from the road and make a more effective weapon (Braveheart? and that wasn't even baseball sized).

But to answer DigEm's question, "Yes, if you did that, I would consider myself under attack." And I'll tell you, I would have to respond with a shotgun rather than a pistol, because aiming would be hard with me laughing so much. ;D ;D ;D

Maybe it's one of many dangly parts of a Victorian Chastity Belt?

Mike

Upvote 0

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh God. I just saw the results. THANK YOU STONEY AND PBK! Now we can all move on to the next piece of ephemora.

I went to the site to buy it, but it was sold already.

I can't say thanks enough. This has consumed the better part of a week for me!

Mike

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

gollum said:
Oh God. I just saw the results. THANK YOU STONEY AND PBK! Now we can all move on to the next piece of ephemora.

I went to the site to buy it, but it was sold already.

Mike
How much did it sell for?

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

gollum said:
bigcypresshunter said:
diving doc said:
Yes, and I would reply appropriately with something much more lethal and more than a few times to break you of the habit, Now can we try and get back on track? .[/b]Doc
::)

Jeez BigC,

Do you work for CBS or ABC in the News Dept? The only reason I ask is because you butchered up Doc's Post so badly, you completely changed it's meaning. That takes a certain talent. You have a great future in either Mainstream Media or the DNC! ;D ;D

I think the point Doc was attempting to make was that the mechanical aspects of this thing, make it not very LIKELY as a weapon. I would think this more possible if it were solid without the interior mechanism. Bolas are very simple weapons. They have been around for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time. I wouldn't see this as part of a Bola Evolution. Digem was the one who first suggested throwing it at Doc and asked if he would then consider it a weapon! Doc's reply was simply that this 1.5" X 1.5" piece of brass with two (or three) 3/4" spikes wouldn't make a very effective weapon (even if there were twenty of them tied to a cord). I could pick up a baseball sized piece of rock from the road and make a more effective weapon (Braveheart? and that wasn't even baseball sized).

But to answer DigEm's question, "Yes, if you did that, I would consider myself under attack." And I'll tell you, I would have to respond with a shotgun rather than a pistol, because aiming would be hard with me laughing so much. ;D ;D ;D

Mike
bla,bla,bla ;D ;D I'm not even going to respond.

Upvote 0

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan

bigcypresshunter said:
gollum said:
bigcypresshunter said:
diving doc said:
Yes, and I would reply appropriately with something much more lethal and more than a few times to break you of the habit, Now can we try and get back on track? .[/b]Doc
::)

Jeez BigC,

Do you work for CBS or ABC in the News Dept? The only reason I ask is because you butchered up Doc's Post so badly, you completely changed it's meaning. That takes a certain talent. You have a great future in either Mainstream Media or the DNC! ;D ;D

I think the point Doc was attempting to make was that the mechanical aspects of this thing, make it not very LIKELY as a weapon. I would think this more possible if it were solid without the interior mechanism. Bolas are very simple weapons. They have been around for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time. I wouldn't see this as part of a Bola Evolution. Digem was the one who first suggested throwing it at Doc and asked if he would then consider it a weapon! Doc's reply was simply that this 1.5" X 1.5" piece of brass with two (or three) 3/4" spikes wouldn't make a very effective weapon (even if there were twenty of them tied to a cord). I could pick up a baseball sized piece of rock from the road and make a more effective weapon (Braveheart? and that wasn't even baseball sized).

Mike
bla,bla,bla ;D ;D I'm not even going to respond.

Yep... neither did I.
8) 8) 8)

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's like the day after Katrina :D

Only in HAPPY MODE ;)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Steve001

May 24, 2006

jeff of pa said:
HURRAY !

Late 19th Cent. device to stop the owner's watch from being pick pocketed. Small silver acorn shaped linked with three concealed prongs.

Circa 1890

Eureka Jeff and thanks. Thanks' a bunch folks for taking the time. Steve

Upvote 0

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Steve001 said:
jeff of pa said:
HURRAY !

Late 19th Cent. device to stop the owner's watch from being pick pocketed. Small silver acorn shaped linked with three concealed prongs.

Circa 1890

Eureka Jeff and thanks. Thanks' a bunch folks for taking the time. Steve

And just remember Steve. For being the person who started us all on this insane quest, we all hate you (not really, but I lost several days and nights to this)! ;D ;D ;D

Mike

Upvote 0

tammahawk

Mar 8, 2005

its a squirrel super hero grappling hook, for those spots its to far to leap ,and you guys thought there were really flying squirrels , lol ,tammahawk

Upvote 0

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

fleamistress said:
Fini. Morte. Kaput. Two X's where eyes used to be...

"This parrot is dead. It has ceased to exist! This parrot is no more!"~~John Cleese

We have spoken.

Cyn

The Parrot

Attachments

• anim%20pirate%20with%20bird.gif
    anim%20pirate%20with%20bird.gif
    38.3 KB · Views: 2,364
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread