Explain your USERNAME and AVATAR on this thread...

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello folks, many of us have very creative usernames. I thought since I was not doing nothing right now, it would be nice to see why some people chose their usernames on here.

I'll start off.

Many people think that I am from Buffalo, NY. I am not from Buffalo, NY.

I chose this username because when I was a young boy, probrably 5 or 6, my grandfather gave me a few coins, and in them, some dateless buffalo nickels. I thought that the buffalo nickel was the most interesting coin, and I started collecting them.

Needless to say, buffalo nickels with no date are only worth face value, maybe add a penny or two.

The buffalo nickel still remains my favorite coin to collect, plus, who knows what goodies you can find in nickel boxes...

Last edited:
Upvote 3

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
The Guy In Back

The icon is kind of our trademark. My wife has a custom embroidery business here along the west coast of Fl. We sail, like fish, and do the pirate thing on occasion, so, the pirate bonefish. It's embroidered on most of my shirt sleeves.

The Guy in Back-

It's a work thing. Has to do with aviation and airborne electronics and such.

LinkedIn Profile

Larry.JPG

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm Mrs CRH because I'm the proud wife of a coin roll hunter & my avatar is the best find we've gotten so far.....an 1865-S Seated Liberty Half Dollar

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an old thread, but it is one that I find interesting and thought others may want to post to it.

AC1955 - my initials and year I was born. Kind of a wussy name, but my username on other forums is: ILoveToQuilt (none of the forums deal with treasures or MD - all are quilting related or craft related). Didn't think that one would go over too well on TNet. :laughing7:

I started a thread a couple weeks back on who are the women of metal detecting/treasure hunting. I am proud to be one of them!

As to avatar, still haven't figured out what I want to use.

HH,
Anita

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AC1955 said:
I know this is an old thread, but it is one that I find interesting and thought others may want to post to it.

AC1955 - my initials and year I was born. Kind of a wussy name, but my username on other forums is: ILoveToQuilt (none of the forums deal with treasures or MD - all are quilting related or craft related). Didn't think that one would go over too well on TNet. :laughing7:

I started a thread a couple weeks back on who are the women of metal detecting/treasure hunting. I am proud to be one of them!

As to avatar, still haven't figured out what I want to use.

HH,
Anita

Don't feel bad that's kind of the same with mine lol. Initials and birth year. Plus it's one of my usernames that I use for everything, rather than having all different ones and forgetting them.

Avatar is a 1888s morgan which I found at the bank for face value

Last edited:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Just thought I'd bump this again with all the new users I've been seeing on here lately. Maverick.

wreckwriter

Oct 13, 2012
Putnam County, WV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use this name on all my forums. Most people guess that I'm an insurance adjuster but in reality I used to write about shipwrecks. wreckwriter.com

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
BuffaloBoy said:
Hello folks, many of us have very creative usernames. I thought since I was not doing nothing right now, it would be nice to see why some people chose their usernames on here.

I'll start off.

Many people think that I am from Buffalo, NY. I am not from Buffalo, NY.

I chose this username because when I was a young boy, probrably 5 or 6, my grandfather gave me a few coins, and in them, some dateless buffalo nickels. I thought that the buffalo nickel was the most interesting coin, and I started collecting them.

Needless to say, buffalo nickels with no date are only worth face value, maybe add a penny or two.

The buffalo nickel still remains my favorite coin to collect, plus, who knows what goodies you can find in nickel boxes...

ALSO, I plan on selling my CRH finds once I get enough to buy a nice NGC PF70 American Gold Buffalo 1 oz coin... this has been my goal since 2006 when the coin came out, but I figure, why put up direct cash when I could buy the coin with, let's say, 400 40%ers, or $200. :D

Yo, I'm a famous rapper perhaps you heard of me

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My name is just a name i thought of no real thought went into it,but my avatar is the Federal Reserve System Seal.

FederalReserveEmblem.jpg

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I began hunting for coins by metal detecting.. While I have CRH for quite some time now, I still have a deep love for detecting.. I am from an old area of the country, and when I do detect I try to focus primarily on colonial sites.. Hence... I have Colonial Cravings.. My Avatar is a Barber Half that was given to me as a tip by an older woman, obviously with some artistic modifications.. Barbers are my favorite design, that is why I use it as my Avatar.

gunner45

May 12, 2012
Bedford PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
My username is two parts. Gunner is the name of my Chocolate Lab and the "45" well that's my best friend that I never leave home with out. As for the Avatar, "KJV" Well, that's obviously the King James Version which by the way is the monarch of Books. I'm a born again Bible Believing Christian who our president warned you of. You know, those pennsylvanian's with their Bible's and guns.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nsdq,,old army motto,, and,,,,,, Night Stalkers Don't Quit.....

CubanHunter

Jan 2, 2012
Miami, Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I put together my nationality and my hobby to make my user name: CubanHunter. About the avatar that is a silver Cuban peso. They were minted in Philadelphia and was pegged to the dollar . It was our currency until Castro decided in 1960 he liked more clad coins made in Kremnica, Czech Republic :BangHead: :angry4:

knarf44

Sep 9, 2012
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Home brew digging tool, Garrett Pro Pointer
Rapoo H6020 wireless headset and TS-BT35F01 BT transmitter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I joined the forum I was lost for what to use for a user name until I remembered that when I spoke my first name while looking in a mirror it looked and sounded like “knarf”. And just to make it interesting I put the last two digits of the year I was born on the end. Now how sick is that?

My avatar is a handmade ear ring or possibly a nose ring that I dug while THing the beaches were a large early 1850s era lumber mill once existed.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Lived in Austin, went to school in Austin, taught school in Austin, played in a band in Austin, still love Austin and like the name austin a lot better than my real name. Some really great memories there which can't be repeated here.

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
First started out in ClubPenguin on my 7th birthday and kept on using it for EVERY username. :)
(Used it for 5 more years and still am)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions