Explain your USERNAME and AVATAR on this thread...

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello folks, many of us have very creative usernames. I thought since I was not doing nothing right now, it would be nice to see why some people chose their usernames on here.

I'll start off.

Many people think that I am from Buffalo, NY. I am not from Buffalo, NY.

I chose this username because when I was a young boy, probrably 5 or 6, my grandfather gave me a few coins, and in them, some dateless buffalo nickels. I thought that the buffalo nickel was the most interesting coin, and I started collecting them.

Needless to say, buffalo nickels with no date are only worth face value, maybe add a penny or two.

The buffalo nickel still remains my favorite coin to collect, plus, who knows what goodies you can find in nickel boxes...

Last edited:
Upvote 3

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My avatar is the first silver half I got in circulation (also my first proof find), a 1968-S half, from a teller tray. My nickname in high school, which I got from a friend, was "Boris" because, to quote her, "You look like a Boris." I am a fan of the band 'The Who', who have a song called, "Boris the Spider", which I have on a 45 record, and the number 88... well, I like the number 8, and most of the time '8' is taken on websites, so '88' it is.

:thumbsup:

lovewiibrew

Mar 18, 2011
Eastern US
I am/was into the wii hacking scene and I "loved" it. So anytime I join a forum I figure its easier to remember one user ID instead of many. My avatar is the George Washington com half. It's my favorite coin I've found thus far.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First name, and where I live......Avatar is of a stamping hammer that they used to brand logs with in the 1890's. It was found at an old logging camp in PA. Cool idea for a thread.

2012 finds
1923 Peace dollar
1908 Barber dime
1925 Standing Liberty
And clad after clad after clad

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mark my coins with a silver sharpie so I thought my name was appropriate. If any of you Socal boys and girls find a coin with a silver edge and the date crossed off... You'll know where it came from.
Found a 1976 half in north georgia

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well cooper is my last name and I was 36 when i found silver in change. Avatar would be a knights templar ( fight for the loot) if i can fig out how to put it on.
someone pm with inst please.
thanks cooper36

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fetch coins. Feel like a soccer mom fetching coins from a bunch of banks.

niffler72

Mar 26, 2010
Jersey
Detector(s) used
BH LandStar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a huge Harry Potter geek and a niffler is a creature that hunts treasure.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Username: I have delusions of grandeur.

Avatar: Wonder Showzen was one of my favorite shows.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My user name originates from a Christian retreat that I attended and when you completed the 3 days of study you were deemed a Pescadore which meant fisher of men.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had that name for so long it is hard to remember when I chose it. My name is Dan and I have been building websites for more than 15-18 years. I think my first website was cybercitymall.com hence cyberdan.

Those were the good old days when all you neededto know was HTML. now everybody has to have all sorts of gimmicks and glitter.

My avatar, just me when I was much younger.

I sold my website several years ago to some guy that sells DVDs.

Last edited:

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Last name. Alot of people mess my first name up, so I just tell them to call me Schulz or Mr. Schulz

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I use to use the Fisher Coin$trike over all other detectors and I live in Michigan...not too creative I guess. I use a pic of myself as my avatar so you know all can put a face to my posts and I believe in being up front with folks.

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The name and Avatar should be self explanitory...I am more reliable than a Timex when it comes to detecting...I can go forever in the heat, or cold...I will dig forever...GO GO GO!!!

HH,

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, Well my avatar is the 1 and only silver Bicentential half I have ever found, and my user name I have is because I love these little cars! I've bought and sold many of them, The blue one was my grandmothers car( pretty much grew up in it) she bought it brand new in 1970 and it still wears its original paint. The yellow I actually bought off of Ebay from a guy in Jersey, it also is all original and still wears its original paint, it is also a 1970. Thanks for lookin, Maverick.

Attachments

• mav 01.JPG
    mav 01.JPG
    936.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 135.JPG
    135.JPG
    527.2 KB · Views: 92

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
maverick said:
Hey everyone, Well my avatar is the 1 and only silver Bicentential half I have ever found, and my user name I have is because I love these little cars! I've bought and sold many of them, The blue one was my grandmothers car( pretty much grew up in it) she bought it brand new in 1970 and it still wears its original paint. The yellow I actually bought off of Ebay from a guy in Jersey, it also is all original and still wears its original paint, it is also a 1970. Thanks for lookin, Maverick.

Omg. Never would have guessed. Don't see those cars ever anymore. I had a handmedown 1973 back when I was young and stupid. Brings back memories.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Omg. Never would have guessed. Don't see those cars ever anymore. I had a handmedown 1973 back when I was young and stupid. Brings back memories.

I would own a few more if I could afford too, lol. Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread