What's new

I have people ignoring my posts in my Profile. How many can you get?

Old Silver said:
It seems to me that some of you just want to own this site. If you want it that bad, why don't you pool your quarters and buy it? If not, here is a little suggestion - SHUT UP AND LEAVE OTHER POSTERS TO POST AS THEY SEE FIT!



Ok :icon_scratch:
 
shaun7 said:
Old Silver said:
It seems to me that some of you just want to own this site. If you want it that bad, why don't you pool your quarters and buy it? If not, here is a little suggestion - SHUT UP AND LEAVE OTHER POSTERS TO POST AS THEY SEE FIT!



Ok :icon_scratch:

That was for those who are trying to take over this thread by ranting about certain T'net sections. They use this childish tactic until they get them shut down. If they wanted to ignore, they could. But they'd rather control.
 
Extremely well put , Bran .

Spart ; ......Oh heck ! I wanted to respond with something witty and had a brain fart . Only a fool would ignore your well tendered humor and insight .
Very valid point , Old Silver :
Buy the site and it can become as small as you want it to be . Until then , [mod]DELETED – Forum Rules Violation (Wreckdiver1715)[/mod] and let it be what it has become under Marc's guidance .
 
It's all good! Enjoy life where ever you find it.
 
godisnum1 said:
The divisions hasn't a thing to do with any of those sections at all.

It only has to do with the people who don't believe or agree with others, then go into those parts of the forums trying to cause strive by starting arguments, consistently & publicly trying to talk down to or "prove" everyone wrong (just because they don't believe the same), and basically just being immature because they don't want to discuss... they only want to argue and don't want to allow anyone else to make conversation who CAN discuss differences without boiling over into other sections. And yes, a couple years ago and BEFORE then, this was never a problem and that's how things in those parts of the forum were actually pretty calm & quiet.

It seems that those who (purposely) cause the problems are the ones who can't stand to let other people believe differently than themselves... so they make it their vendetta to "try" to rid this forum of the things they don't want to see, instead of just using this "Ignore" feature that we're talking about on this thread, which Marc made available to them and everyone else. Though they know it, they are also able to just ignore whole sections of T-Net as well... but they don't, for the same reasons as listed above.

So no, those sections should not be deleted. Those who don't like them or want nothing to do with them should just Ignore it and go about finding things that DO interest them... that isn't associated with starting arguments or making condescending comments to/about others or sections of T-Net that they don't care about (or do they??)

Bran <><


How many other detecting forums are you a member of? You should really take a walk around the internet sometimes if you believe what you wrote above. :wink:

I have yet to see a disagreement on the ARH forum, come to think of it. (One example of many.) I imagine that your reply is mainly a snub against me and a few others, and the voice of inexperience when it comes to the internet and metal detecting forums.

In most forums, we wouldn't be having this discussion--and you wouldn't already be mad a me. :wink:


Best Wishes,


Buckles
 
This post inspired me to see who was ignoring me. I've never ignored anyone mechanically but I do skip over posts of people I don't have anything in common with.
I found two strangers that i've never spoken to so really not bothered by them hating me. One person who i never seem to agree with has me on ignore and that doesn't bother me either.
Finding out that i have a person i consider a friend putting me on ignore was a shock. Since he can't see what i write I'd appreciate having someone tell Monty that I'd like to hear from him. Pretty certain that I've never treated him with anything other than respect and good humor but willing to apologize if he was offended by something I said. best regards, siegfried schlagrule
 
SWR said:
Also....once someone adds you to their ignore list...either accidentally (clicked the wrong button, testing) their screen name will stay on YOUR list of those ignoring you. Even though they are no longer ignoring you, or only ignored you for a few minutes

Its not always a hate thing :wave:

That part is not completely true, Spooky had me on ignore, for a couple days, after this thread first started, when he removed it, it stop showing him as ignoring me in my profile at the that time.....
 
SWR said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
SWR said:
Also....once someone adds you to their ignore list...either accidentally (clicked the wrong button, testing) their screen name will stay on YOUR list of those ignoring you. Even though they are no longer ignoring you, or only ignored you for a few minutes

Its not always a hate thing :wave:

That part is not completely true, Spooky had me on ignore, for a couple days, after this thread first started, when he removed it, it stop showing him as ignoring me in my profile at the that time.....

Good deal. Maybe I should have said "It used to be".....and I would not have told an untruth. Glad the software has been updated :thumbsup:

I should have posted "as of now it doesn't do that, it may have been different in the past." :wink:
 
Old Silver said:
shaun7 said:
Old Silver said:
It seems to me that some of you just want to own this site. If you want it that bad, why don't you pool your quarters and buy it? If not, here is a little suggestion - SHUT UP AND LEAVE OTHER POSTERS TO POST AS THEY SEE FIT!
I vote that you become a moderator ; actually you should buy it.



Ok :icon_scratch:

That was for those who are trying to take over this thread by ranting about certain T'net sections. They use this childish tactic until they get them shut down. If they wanted to ignore, they could. But they'd rather control.
 
Cripes...I have one person ignoring me....some guy named... house ....I dont even know who that is...LOL....I used to think about putting some people on ignore...but then figured I didnt even care enough to take the time to put them there...
I get flak about posting legends....its a legend for crying out loud...if people want to prove it or disprove it...go for it...I am just the messenger...I came from Wisconsin..Land of Paul Bunyan and the Great Blue ox...it is my given birth right to gather and post legends.... :thumbsup: :D
 
Old Silver said:
shaun7 said:
Old Silver said:
It seems to me that some of you just want to own this site. If you want it that bad, why don't you pool your quarters and buy it? If not, here is a little suggestion - SHUT UP AND LEAVE OTHER POSTERS TO POST AS THEY SEE FIT!



Ok :icon_scratch:

That was for those who are trying to take over this thread by ranting about certain T'net sections. They use this childish tactic until they get them shut down. If they wanted to ignore, they could. But they'd rather control.

Anger, racism and personal attacks are the norm in the majority of the threads found there.

Marc removed rubber room in 2008 when they were causing problems for TreasureNet with large companies who refused to be a sponsor due to the type and tone of posts made there, and again 2009 if I remember correctly.

“It's a delicate balancing act between the popularity of TreasureNet (the Rubber Room was good for that) and the liability such controversial forum subjects invite.

It is also true that some large companies who will remain unnamed refuse to sponsor TreasureNet because of some of the personal attacks and negative tone and remarks that happened in these areas. (so a special thanks to those who fan the flames )

I am unsure if I will ever put them back online. TreasureNet is ultimately about Treasure Hunting... and it would be good for TreasureNet, from a sponsorship standpoint - to remain neutral.”
Marc

Marc did return them, but nothing has really changed there……
 
Treasure_Hunter said:
Old Silver said:
shaun7 said:
Old Silver said:
It seems to me that some of you just want to own this site. If you want it that bad, why don't you pool your quarters and buy it? If not, here is a little suggestion - SHUT UP AND LEAVE OTHER POSTERS TO POST AS THEY SEE FIT!



Ok :icon_scratch:

That was for those who are trying to take over this thread by ranting about certain T'net sections. They use this childish tactic until they get them shut down. If they wanted to ignore, they could. But they'd rather control.

Anger, racism and personal attacks are the norm in the majority of the threads found there.

Marc removed rubber room in 2008 when they were causing problems for TreasureNet with large companies who refused to be a sponsor due to the type and tone of posts made there, and again 2009 if I remember correctly.

“It's a delicate balancing act between the popularity of TreasureNet (the Rubber Room was good for that) and the liability such controversial forum subjects invite.

It is also true that some large companies who will remain unnamed refuse to sponsor TreasureNet because of some of the personal attacks and negative tone and remarks that happened in these areas. (so a special thanks to those who fan the flames )

I am unsure if I will ever put them back online. TreasureNet is ultimately about Treasure Hunting... and it would be good for TreasureNet, from a sponsorship standpoint - to remain neutral.”
Marc

Marc did return them, but nothing has really changed there……

So if Mark is taking care of it, why are the rest of you crying your eyes out? If you want ownership, just buy the site.
 
Sign of the times , I guess , that some people just can't handle the fact that there are other people
in this world that simply don't care to read what they post .
Over sensitive , mebbie ? :laughing9:
 
There are some who feel it is detrimental to TreasureNet...
 
plehbah said:
You have been banned before. Which one are you?

If you're smart enough to know that, you should be smart enough to know the answer. How long will you keep us waiting?
 
Treasure_Hunter said:
There are some who feel it is detrimental to TreasureNet...
I'll stand behind the idea that everyone has the right to voice their opinion .
By the same token , there's not a darned one of us that can be required to listen to what another individual has to say . :icon_scratch:
 
plehbah said:
Some detectorists apparently ignore people like they ignore pulltabs.

I dig all pulltab signals. In early sites, I like them, because they are half dimes. 8)
 
I just checked mine and it said this person had me on ignore? Wow, a popular guy/gal!

That's not a screen name is it?? I know I hit the button once when wanting to pm someone and had them on ignore for a couple of weeks.
I have learned in my humble journey here to stick to what the site name implies. Treasure and oh yeah Daily snap shot an what is it.
Much safer now that I do not discuss that I am an 8Th degree dowser :laughing9:
Happy trails
TnMtns
 
Gypsy Heart said:
I came from Wisconsin..Land of Paul Bunyan and the Great Blue ox...it is my given birth right to gather and post legends.... :thumbsup: :D
That myth is from Minnesota and Nanabozho killed him with a fish. *snicker*
 
EDDE said:
Gypsy Heart said:
I came from Wisconsin..Land of Paul Bunyan and the Great Blue ox...it is my given birth right to gather and post legends.... :thumbsup: :D
That myth is from Minnesota and Nanabozho killed him with a fish. *snicker*

"The earliest reliably dated reference to Paul Bunyan comes from a logging camp north of Tomahawk during the winter of 1885-1886."

http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/topics/bunyan/index.asp :wink:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom