THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Afternoon SADS, WD, RC:hello:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure isle records

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG.....soooo good!

Soooo...what up with "Men" in "Menopause"?????

Last edited:

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldcoin.jpg

Stuart Weitzman’s 1933 Double Eagle Gold Coin Sells for a Record US$18.9 Million at Sotheby’s

Fashion mogul Stuart Weitzman’s 1933 Double Eagle gold coin shattered auction records for the world’s most valuable coin at Sotheby’s New York on Tuesday morning.

The rare coin, the only of its kind in private ownership, sold for US$18.9 million, nearly doubling the world record, Sotheby’s said. The result came after a three-and-a-half-minute bidding war among three bidders in the saleroom at Sotheby’s York Avenue headquarters and another on the phone. The buyer’s identity was not disclosed.

The previous auction record for a coin was set in 2013 by a 1794 Flowing Hair silver dollar, which sold for US$10 million at Stack's Bowers in New York.

Prior to the auction, Sotheby’s estimated the coin’s value to be somewhere between US$10 million and US$15 million. Weitzman, best known for designing his namesake shoes, acquired the coin at Sotheby’s New York in 2002 for a then-record US$7.59 million. That auction was conducted on behalf of the U.S. government. The coin had belonged for a long time to King Farouk of Egypt and was later seized in a secret service sting operation in New York City.

It was the first and only time the 1933 Double Eagle coin went into private ownership, Sotheby’s said.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/st...ecord-us-18-9-million-at-sothebys-01623186650

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bart!

Still in the Bahamas?

I am stuck here in STT...waiting out the covid season, and now soon, the hurricane season...

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope...back in the keys....its blowing a gale !! Trying to fish mahi. Caught 7, but let 5 go. Pretty small fish for all the beating.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bart!

Still in the Bahamas?

I am stuck here in STT...waiting out the covid season, and now soon, the hurricane season...

Xaos....STT ?? Where is that...south trinidad Tobago??

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saint Thomas ??

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hahahaha...St Thomas....

Yep, winds are picking up, monsoon rains....
small bluefin running here...perfect sushi

sea state is tenderizing me though...

Was berthed next to Hogfish for a bit...long enough for the shoe drop....miss the Keys...
Shitshow down here...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions