What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning pirates and piratesses!

Wow, this event has been jam packed so far! Lows and highs and every other thing. Still have stuff to do today, but I wanted to check in with SADS.

I made a connection with one of the veterans and shared about your program. Plus, he just started metal detecting last year. So, I showed him Tnet and who I am and you are. I think he may have found your FB also.

G2G
Have a blessed day!

Oh, and I used Bart and his finds as bait to lure him in. Lol! Bart bait!
 
Morning WD
Sounds like you're on full busy at the event-which is a great to hear that things are this year.
Best to you and the vets-hope that the waters are kind and the fish are hungry.
 
Morning Bill
Hope you got a taste of the moisture yesterday as well.:hello2:
 
Jim,

Good morning when I got up I looked out and the streets are still wet so lots of overnight rain. Everything is looking nice and green this morning.
 
Jim,

Good morning when I got up I looked out and the streets are still wet so lots of overnight rain. Everything is looking nice and green this morning.

Yes it's always very lovely and fresh after a rainfall.

Though there is hazards now with the rain here at least.

Buddy was just telling me yesterday that it had rained earlier in the week and from all the Frass raining down onto the hard surfaces-the rain then turns it from hard to slippery. He just about fell when walking down his walkway-now there would be one for the medical journals-broken hip: Slipped on frass. :laughing7:

Frass staining is becoming a norm on wood decks, outdoor covers, but we hope it will fertilize the stressed out trees and greenery that have suffered so far through this event.

Folks are getting fatigued from the extra work of trying to save the shrubbery/plants/trees around their homes.

Not to mention the extra hours and hours spent everyday picking/squashing/drowning/swatting/flicking/brushing/swearing/cursing/yelling/asking/wondering.....
Oh sometimes Mother Nature can test the limits of us all it seems.

The Mrs stated yesterday "I'd rather trade for an outbreak of Deer/Horse Flies than these ****ing caterpillars!"
 
Jim,

Well the missus applied the first spraying of neem oil on the plants affected by the flea beetles so hopefully we get them under control.

We got lots of wild rabbits roaming around the neighbourhood they managed to munch some marigolds which upset the missus. They got to eat to....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
 
Good morning pirates and piratesses!

Wow, this event has been jam packed so far! Lows and highs and every other thing. Still have stuff to do today, but I wanted to check in with SADS.

I made a connection with one of the veterans and shared about your program. Plus, he just started metal detecting last year. So, I showed him Tnet and who I am and you are. I think he may have found your FB also.

G2G
Have a blessed day!

Tell him to send me an email to kjamespi at aol, if hes hurting I?ll try to help, at least give him hope of some help which is huge.
 
Last edited:
OV,

Nice bit of gold for your efforts....I see a 2nd career in the offing for you.
 
Getting wetter and wetter as we go along into the summer....the tropical storm in New Orleans has kept the keys wet for a whole week....overcast with occasional thunderstorms. About 85 and hovering at about 99.9% humidity (rain).
 
Getting wetter and wetter as we go along into the summer....the tropical storm in New Orleans has kept the keys wet for a whole week....overcast with occasional thunderstorms. About 85 and hovering at about 99.9% humidity (rain).

Morning Bart :hello:

Gee just pretend that you're just playing in the water looking for treasure while on shore.
It might look a tad strange wearing the mask & snorkel going down for a beverage, but what the heck eh.....(flippers are optional-or is it no flippers-no service type thing?):laughing7:
 
Sads....I've been a very busy boy scanning the satellite images....im finding wrecks !! Wooo hoooo!! Very interesting stuff....ill email you some images soon....might even pay for some other satellite services....I've been doing this since the beginning of Google earth and it has been about 80%successful for me in finding shipwrecks, ballast mounds, airplanes, and all sorts of underwater anomalies. I track the receding grass and sand over multi year periods to track the best hunting areas.
 
Morning Bart :hello:

Gee just pretend that you're just playing in the water looking for treasure while on shore.
It might look a tad strange wearing the mask & snorkel going down for a beverage, but what the heck eh.....(flippers are optional-or is it no flippers-no service type thing?):laughing7:

I've seen people wearing there mask while driving motorcycles, boats, and even jeeps !! You just never know down here.
 
Tell him to send me an email to kjamespi at aol, if hes hurting I?ll try to help, at least give him hope of some help which is huge.

Morning SADS

Your offering up help is so heart warming in so many ways.
Each time I read your offering it brings to mind a friend of a close friend (I'll put it that way) that drifts in and out of our lives.
Beautiful person that has seen, that has done too many things in life it seems, and has done some deep scaring.

Said once in a long chat over a few coffee "One can only live through so many recovery missions, then it effects you"

His diving/recovery/military service weighs heavy, the breaking point seemed to be Flight 111.

The silence is deafening at times, and certainly a worry for those that know him.

Though when the breezes blows him back into our lives ever so briefly-it's a good day-remembered well-no matter how briefly it seems.
 
Sads....I've been a very busy boy scanning the satellite images....im finding wrecks !! Wooo hoooo!! Very interesting stuff....ill email you some images soon....might even pay for some other satellite services....I've been doing this since the beginning of Google earth and it has been about 80%successful for me in finding shipwrecks, ballast mounds, airplanes, and all sorts of underwater anomalies. I track the receding grass and sand over multi year periods to track the best hunting areas.

I recall the conversation I had about Google Earth and the evening dinner table couple we got to chat with for a one of the weeks on the Queen Mary ll.

He held a position with Lougheed Martin (never said out right-nor did we ask) Quote: "Well all I can tell you Jim is this-What ever you are viewing on your browser today-we had that 25 yrs ago"
I'm sure the outside world has caught up a tad-but still lag so far behind in what we can see/view from the sky.
 
I've seen people wearing there mask while driving motorcycles, boats, and even jeeps !! You just never know down here.

Now are you saying that you also have an "Eclectic type" population running around those part as well?
 
Sads....I've been a very busy boy scanning the satellite images....im finding wrecks !! Wooo hoooo!! Very interesting stuff....ill email you some images soon....might even pay for some other satellite services....I've been doing this since the beginning of Google earth and it has been about 80%successful for me in finding shipwrecks, ballast mounds, airplanes, and all sorts of underwater anomalies. I track the receding grass and sand over multi year periods to track the best hunting areas.

Found another ballast pile right where you drive over in your boat, just before the red marker going into flying fish….
 
Getting a bunch of numbers for the bahamas.....cannons, ballast piles, wrecks, etc. 83 year old treasure hunter passing his numbers and secrets to me.....treasure hunted in the south of long Island in the 80s. Good islander stuff !!
 
I mill my own lumber, then build a house out of said lumber. I should say we.... I have a backer. When I'm close to a creek...Or river, we have 5 within a 50 mile drive... I hit it!! Sluice box baby!! A little over a gram...

View attachment 1932535

Mornin all.

Squeeze box?
Hey Viking ,look at that young Viking hair ...L.o.l..

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom