What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

This is for SADS....I started in the 90s with Google earth.....staring at the ocean from space. I would often try and capture my screen in a photo back then before smart phones could take a screen shot. In the beginning I didn't know how to read this information, but 30 some odd years later I have figured ways to monitor and decipher these images with the best out there !! I have watched known treasure sites for many decades now and have learned the rythem of sand and grass movement, even to the point of finding the ancient damage to reefs created by shipwrecks. Here is an example of sleuthing and how I figure things from long term observation. This is one of many anomalies on or around inagua Island. This is a great example of how things would generally go for vessels from any age or time period that stray to close to inagua, or little inagua. The reefs are so close to shore, and the water is so deep so close to land, that I don't doubt that these wrecks have been thrown high and dry right on the beach. In the first picture I haven't highlighted anything but the obvious path of damage can be seen leading into the beach. Screenshot_20210620-075436_Maps.webp obviously you have to open these images. Much information can be gleaned from these images. This is a great example of how most wrecks would take place, and im always amazed at just how far inshore these wrecks end up. In the second shot I've highlighted in red the trail beating through the reef and beach rock. The green circle is showing the spot where the bottom has beaten out of the boat and she bilged. The rest of this hulk has smashed its way all the way to shore. I believe it sat there in the trough for many years before being lifted up and out and deposited by high water where we see it in this image. It is almost certainly wood to be deposited that high on the beach. I can tell from the disturbance in the sea weed line that it was thrown up on the beach about the time the image was captured. How old is it ?????? Who knows...probably newer but you just never know until it boots on the ground. Screenshot_20210620-075222_Maps.webp
My buddy says it can't be old because its white....I have been fooled by bleached wood before !! Sand shifts so fast in the islands that you just never know !!
 
Bart I have always thought a drone would be a cool thing to have in the tool box (so to speak) for exploring potential sites.
Not a $39 special, but one that is equipped with a great optic camera and range.
No need for boots on he ground, just sit in beach chair with the drink holder, and go play.
5 mile range...$1500
[h=3]01. DJI Mavic 2 Zoom

[/h]
 
Good morning RCT.
 
Pepper I’ve been researching drones for a while now and IF I bought one it would probably be the DJI Air 2. Looks like to me a little more bang for the buck and still does everything the morning e expensive one do. Great camera too.
 
Mornin all.
O.k.. Afternoon all!
 
Jim,

And mid morning me and the missus headed off to buy some produce we can't produce and stopped at another park and picked some saskatoon berries. In a half hour or so we managed about 6 cups of berries between us.
 
Bart I have always thought a drone would be a cool thing to have in the tool box (so to speak) for exploring potential sites.
Not a $39 special, but one that is equipped with a great optic camera and range.
No need for boots on he ground, just sit in beach chair with the drink holder, and go play.
5 mile range...$1500
[h=3]01. DJI Mavic 2 Zoom

[/h]

We have that drone as of a couple months ago....only test flown so far but thinking of applications for it....looking for plantation ruins in the bahamas would be perfect.
 
His faja... His what?

laughing11.gif

 
Happy Father?s Day to all you detecting dads! I hope you had a great day!
 
A song for the "canooks"...

Happy fathers Day.

 
And i will leave you my friends with a song for you all.


 
Still got played on the 3 for quarter juke box days.

 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom