What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Hello and good morning everyone.
 
Jim,

Rules, rules and more rules...as you say just allow for pick up only and that solves the issue.

When we split our rib steak it only weighs about 1 lb in total so about 8 oz each.
 
Good morning, Pepper, rook, and Bart.... and Bill.
 
Circa 1970 when I was 20 years old me and 2 other young guys went to Vancouver for the Grey Cup which is the Canadian championship game.

We stayed at an old hotel on English Bay that was a bit worse for the wear at the time. They've spiffied it up since then.

https://sylviahotel.com/gallery/
 
Jim,

Rules, rules and more rules...as you say just allow for pick up only and that solves the issue.

When we split our rib steak it only weighs about 1 lb in total so about 8 oz each.

I don't know what was up with the butchers, must of thought the paper was valuable. :laughing7:

Folks must think we're being cheap when we offer to split a steak up for a dinner.

Well I hope you got more moisture than we did Bill, just a 5 minute downpour and then a hot wind all day yesterday dried everything up right quick.

Usually we don't get such wind gusts in the field as the topography cuts down the shear-yet yesterday it shredded my row covers covering the haskaps.

Turtle laying eggs along the grass and driveway last night, a new mother bird using the bird house on the light pole, the Pee-Wee has returned for another hatch, a turkey hen was upset we were disturbing her site at the field.
It seemed everywhere I turned it was alive with nature at it's best sharing something.
It seems we got the hummingbird feeders up at the right time to get a few this year-well more than a few as in the early morning/evening it's a contest between many couples getting at 3 feeders in the garden.
Sort of fun watching the diving/feeding/chasing. Need to spend a few minutes with the camera to get a photo or two.

All in all we find birds don't eat the caterpillars, chickens look the other way, we do the caterpillar shuffle as we walk max, or out doing things.
Certainly won't miss them when they go as it sucks hours out of a day dealing with the creatures.

Well I hope all find the day-a great day.
 
Jim,

Rules, rules and more rules...as you say just allow for pick up only and that solves the issue.

When we split our rib steak it only weighs about 1 lb in total so about 8 oz each.

I dunno Uncle.
I'd be so riled up I'd be tempted to find an enforcement arm of the town's Burmuda Gang and seek a waybill for temporary busking.
Maybe even ask if a couple members could help out (for a case of beer of course).
Call the local media and report a protest scheduled for rush hour.
Then bring a large cooler and some dozens of empty egg cartons, set up a busy intersections and hawk N'est ce pas per Ministry egg cartons , $3.00 each.
Wave a carton around and pronounce freshest in the town.
(Would not have any real eggs on hand of course.)

Didn't stop at one sign stating pay if you can to help , or take some if needed eggs. Thought it was pretty cool though.
See random egg signs here and there. And appreciate the availability.
Should look harder for a close source (the neighbors kind of washed out due to number of mouths vs eggs , plus how they manage cleanliness) and the other close source quit egg production.

When you have a steady source , it does not take much to know if they maintain quality.
Most take pride in offering thier best. After all it's in thier best interest to have happy customers.
"Donations" for feed are understandable. Vs outright selling requirements should a large enough volume raise an eyebrow. Which is rare.
 
Mornin all.
Trip to big city Hospital day again today.
I'll visit a master degreed prosthetist that will likely look like a monkey with a math problem again.
Eventually (?) we'll get something to work.
 
RC,

Good idea about the egg demonstration....lol.

A buddy of mine and his neighbours used to have an annual street garage sale. Since he was brewing beer from kits he got the bright idea to sell the potential customers popcorn for $2 and he'd give them a free beer in one of those disposable paper cups.

He got away with it for a couple of years until the city got wise to his scam....since the $2 was actually for the beer and the popcorn was really the freebie....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Good luck with the fitting.
 
GMorn everbody, waiting on a call so thought I would check in.
Chicken egg police in Canada? The queen didn’t get her cut? How does that all work? The crown owns 97% of the land? The people own 3%.
Non of my home grown eggs hatched. I need a new bull I think. 21 of the bought eggs hatched. I’m going to save eggs and make some pickled quail eggs, thanks Bart for the idea. I did a bunch of pheasant eggs that way 10? or so years ago.
Between baseball and softball games and practice, I’ve been on the go. Now add swimming lessons.
RTR did you find a mustang yet?
Have a great day!
 
GMorn everbody, waiting on a call so thought I would check in.
Chicken egg police in Canada? The queen didn?t get her cut? How does that all work? The crown owns 97% of the land? The people own 3%.
Non of my home grown eggs hatched. I need a new bull I think. 21 of the bought eggs hatched. I?m going to save eggs and make some pickled quail eggs, thanks Bart for the idea. I did a bunch of pheasant eggs that way 10? or so years ago.
Between baseball and softball games and practice, I?ve been on the go. Now add swimming lessons.
RTR did you find a mustang yet?
Have a great day!

Sorry to hear he was shooting blanks Fat.
Yup the egg patrols got nothing better to do than to hit the little ones.
Somebody complained to the head of the ministry and they told the compliance officer to fix it.
Gee my 20 hens are now famous and a threat against the establishment.
Oh well saved the painted turtle stick between the water hose and wall.
 
Last edited:
Morning RC
Hope all goes well with your fitting.
 
I was surprised by that too pep. Esp. after earlier when I had 2 birds show up dead and than figured out it was inside job. I’m slowly learning but I can see how the population could get out of control, in the future. I have some plans for some neat stacking hutches so I will have to get that project started soon.
I’m ready for sweet corn and new potatoes too..
 
GMorn everbody, waiting on a call so thought I would check in.
Chicken egg police in Canada? The queen didn’t get her cut? How does that all work? The crown owns 97% of the land? The people own 3%.
Non of my home grown eggs hatched. I need a new bull I think. 21 of the bought eggs hatched. I’m going to save eggs and make some pickled quail eggs, thanks Bart for the idea. I did a bunch of pheasant eggs that way 10? or so years ago.
Between baseball and softball games and practice, I’ve been on the go. Now add swimming lessons.
RTR did you find a mustang yet?
Have a great day!

No, not yet ,still looking
 
.....RTR..... there is one in town now with Florida plates, I talked to owner and he bought a old trailer house here to get away from flawda... only one paved street in town here... There is still hopes I might pickup a southern car, no rust, high mile, over 100k now, one owner daily driver, no matter, it was built to run strong for along time and it for sure rumbles.. I’m a dreamer...haaha

The only reason I’ll eat an egg is I know I less chicken in the world....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom