What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Morning to you Bill, and Bart :hello:

We getting rain Bill !!!!!!!! :hello2:

Also I see your home team is going up against ARC's home team-I'm thinking they have a football to play with, really what will a silly hockey puck do for adding to the enjoyment? :dontknow::laughing7:

In the water again Bart, or mucking along the shores this weekend Bart?
 
Bill
I tip my hat to this cheese maker. A friend picks up from the dairy when trucking through from NS.
Little crumbly, oh so good! Cheese melt haven.:tongue3:
attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • 20210625_193321.webp
    20210625_193321.webp
    378.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Jim,

Lots of artisan cheese makers in Quebec with a wide range of cheeses.
 
Did that pic come through super large or is it just on my end?

Wonder if TN is going to pony up some attention in the tech dept. to resolve the quirks that have been happening of late.

Kind of sucks looking at others photos and the little pics need to be opened, then with slow internet I watch the spinning wheel for a while.
 
Well the rain finally arrived and it's coming down nice and easy which is ideal for the garden so it soaks in. The forecast is for it to continue right through to tomorrow morning.
 
Jim,

Lots of artisan cheese makers in Quebec with a wide range of cheeses.

Even though our main supplier of cheese is a close option, we still buy the older cheeses from QC.
Now our friend did messed up the rotation of a wheel or two of one kind of cheese.
So it was getting over a year and a half, what a pleasant mistake as it was getting to the aged factor.
I told him that I would pay for 2 wheels if he just keeps them until it ages to 2 yrs.
No problem Jim I get your message, I'll do it and you can pay me when they're ready.

To quote a room mate from the past: "If the cheese doesn't smell like a pair of old work boots-it's not worthy of this household!" :headbang::laughing7:

We had artisan cheese melts on artisan crackers every Friday. I would go down the street in the Annex to this cheese store that had 300+ cheeses and get a selection of stinky boot cheeses.
Man it was a taste event!
Where 3 of us were like crackheads in the kitchen waiting for the next hit of cheese and cracker to come out of the toaster oven.

There was a store in the Manulife Centre underground that only handled Stiltons and blue cheeses-now that was a hard one to handle for the pocket book budget.
Though one only needed a dab to get a rip roaring hit from of those rarer ones-some were just too strong.
I never said we were doing melts to the proprietors, as the look down the nose attitude that came from behind the counter was enough to gag a maggot.
 
Well the rain finally arrived and it's coming down nice and easy which is ideal for the garden so it soaks in. The forecast is for it to continue right through to tomorrow morning.

 
Mornin all.

Day two , or three , of several rain days.
Inches yesterday with similar called for today.
Heavy fog all night. Good and wet.
Heard a couple snaps and pops in the house last night from previously dry conditions feeling the increase in humidity.

Spent quite some time clearing a white pine I transplanted years ago of gypsy moth caterpillars yesterday. Bastages (!) have about a third of it's needles gone already.
They are starting to cocoon. Well , some are.
 
Mornin all.

Day two , or three , of several rain days.
Inches yesterday with similar called for today.
Heavy fog all night. Good and wet.
Heard a couple snaps and pops in the house last night from previously dry conditions feeling the increase in humidity.

Spent quite some time clearing a white pine I transplanted years ago of gypsy moth caterpillars yesterday. Bastages (!) have about a third of it's needles gone already.
They are starting to cocoon. Well , some are.
Morning RC

It's getting quieter outside for those caterpillars eating up the world. Yet yesterday they were in the berry patch and I spent a lot of time on picking them. Picked more of them than berries.:(
 
last night, a new girlfriend and I were talking about where and when we lost our respective virginities.
I told her my story, and when it came to her turn she said she couldn't remember where or when she'd lost her virginity...

She did remind me that she still had the box it came in. 8-)
 
The Suez Canal after clearing the container ship...

 
Last edited:
Nice...great comfort food...
pulled pork and beans...slow cooked for dinner tonite.

storms are raging here in STT (noting spinning in circles that goodness)
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom