What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Morning ARC, RTR
 
:hello::headbang::coffee2: good morning t-net !!
 
Morning ARC, pepper, bart, RTR
 
Morning Bart, Rook
 
Good morning to the crew and hoping the incoming storm leaves our Fl members unscathed.
 
Morning Bill
I saw you had a tad of moisture again yesterday.
I hilled up some more of the potatoes in the other garden-well I should be honest and say mountain up the rows...:laughing7: Healthy buggers, good 2 feet high, though the bugs are starting their trek to the rows, a little Flea, Colorado, Japanese beetles are having a menu look see....just a few nibbles.
Never had time to plant any corn, but I seem to have a very heathy crop growing out of the chicken barn clean out pile. I mixed it with other compost black earth, and mixed another pile in with it to get a dump truck pile. The squash plant is huge, the corn is so dark an green at 2.5-3 ft tall and it's leaves are huge-must be all that nitrogen in the chicken poo. :hello2: It looks like the squash plant is a good 6 weeks ahead of all the others in comparison. Need to put up fencing around the pile as the racoons will go after the corn, as they do in every garden in the hamlet.
They just don't do one stalk they smash down every stalk of corn in the garden. I quit trying to grow any a few years back as it's maddening to see that happen.

Have you pulled any garlic yet?
 
Good morning pirates! It was a very rainy wake up call this morning. Ohio task force 1 is headed to Florida to help with the search and rescue. I don?t see any rescue happening. Feel so bad for all of those involved. Mr WD noticed that they took the rescue boats and thought it odd. I mentioned the storm that was brewing. Maybe they are planning for a just in case scenario.
 
It is tragic WD....heres my question.....when is a condo at the end of its life....40 years is a long time, it might be cheaper to knock it down and build another. Many of these buildings are 40+years old and to repair them is multi million dollars. I fear there will be more scrutiny on other buildings, and that many will be in the spot light for design flaws, old building methods, and spalling and cracking problems. This is the tip of the iceberg I think !!
 
It is tragic WD....heres my question.....when is a condo at the end of its life....40 years is a long time, it might be cheaper to knock it down and build another. Many of these buildings are 40+years old and to repair them is multi million dollars. I fear there will be more scrutiny on other buildings, and that many will be in the spot light for design flaws, old building methods, and spalling and cracking problems. This is the tip of the iceberg I think !!

The salt damage to concrete is a huge factor in on going repairs. From living in a condos for a couple of decades and seeing how money flows for repairs it's an easy one for private run corp.'s to skip the repairs to pocket the $$$.
Just a lobby/hallway upgrade a 15 yrs ago was close to a million for a 17 floor building. Then there was the parking garage/exterior brick/window replacement/plumbing/security the budget was huge as was the monthly fees.

It's a reality check for many when a these terrible events occur.
 
I don't know much about condo living. MR WD said that the residents vote on the repairs. Is that so?
 
They had to in this case.
I've been following this tragic story.
Its a company out of Chy-Na that owns it.
They new it needed critical repairs and neglected their responsibilities.

I expect them to be bankrupt before long.
The subpoenas will fly soon.

Edit...too tired to correct the typos..
Got coffee..?

Good morning to all!
 
GMorn everbody, cool morning again here calling for mid 80s today. I got the skidoo out and my sisters jet skis, base ball tourney next couple day and that will be over, softball finished yesterday.
I would hate to live in any of those buildings. After seeing the one fall down, it looks like they all could. When I first saw, figured a bomb of some kind was set off. I wonder how much insurance will cover? How much did a unit cost to buy? I hope they don’t haul all that debris to Bart’s gold bearing sand piles and bury that too...
Have a great day!
 
Morning RC!
You getting that cold Northeast wind down your way ?
Friggin cold right now! Lol

Good morning BTW.

Mornin M. :

That N.E. breeze has to fight through a lot of mature oaks.
It swirls and ping pongs a lot in this opening. Like waves or breathing. Good thing I'm not hunting from the deck...

Didn't get very cool last night , or the cool air would be getting chased out of the woods. Probably didn't get below 65.

Heavy dew this morning (no rain coming if there's dew?) made it feel damp and cool.
Perfect now at around 70 degrees.
 
July 1st
Canada's Birthday
Time to reflect on the wrongs that have been so hidden.
Out of true respect to the loss of all the Indigenous children that had died just because.....
(2 topics one cannot discuss on the open forum religion and politics)
We lower our flag to mark the passing of the 1200 unmarked shallow Graves found on the grounds of 3 residential schools operated by the churches.
So sad, and such a dark period that continues even today.
20210701_113209.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom