What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Morning ARC, WD, Bill
 
Hello and good morning to all !!
 
Good morning all
 
It’s cooling off a bit. 70 at this time. Feels like 50 compared to recent days.
 
Morning Bart and Rook

Good to hear that things are cooling off for you Rook, hard to feel the zip when the heat/humidity is so high.
We actually got a tad of moisture early this morning, nothing to write home about though.
 
Good morning, Bill, Bart, rook, PepperJ, and whoever else is lurking. I had to break out the laptop so I could see what is happening, and what I have missed. I am stuck in the old ways, I guess.
There were no antique shops left at the little town we went to yesterday. What a shame. It used to be a happening place. They had a consignment shop with some old stuff, but nothing I wanted. They had the same canister set that my mom had for $85.00. I thought that was way too high. They are vintage, not antique. I did go into this one little shop and bought a jar of Woodford Reserve Bourbon Cherries. I thought the MR would like to try those. The candy store was still open. I replenished my supply of salt water taffy and got a pecan turtle for the moment. Mmmm mmmmm good. I am not sure what we are going to do today.
 
Well in a few hours the massive crowds will start to gather at all the Florida keys swim spots. As the day wears on many will get drunk and lose there jewelry as the labor day party gets more intense each day. By the end of the three day party there will be gold in every swim spot. Mark and I will start scanning the sand on Tuesday!!

NOooo! They get drunk? Psh! Never happens. LOL! I hope you two have fun hunting and find lots of treasures.
 
So on Thursday I got in my K5 Blazer (a big truck), and as soon as I started to pull out of my driveway the right rear wheel rolled up over something and came down BOOM! What the he11 did I just run over? I got out and looked and there was a big gopher tortoise in my driveway. He had been sitting under the truck in the shade right next to the rear wheel. He went into his shell when I picked him up, and I checked the top and bottom of his shell, not a crack or even a scratch. I don't think he even realized anything happened. There is a gopher tortoise hole in my flower bed that has been there a long time, but I have never seen it's occupant. So I put him next to the hole and got back in my truck and went about my business. When I got home several hours later he had gone into his hole. This morning he came out again and was sitting on my front walk. Amazing he wasn't crushed or even injured, the K5 is a full size truck that weighs almost two and a half tons.

I named him "Frank The Tank". From now on I will make sure to look under my trucks before I get in.

Oh man! I am surprised you did not injure him, also. I like Frank the Tank. Sounds just right.
 
meanwhile in Oz...

Road Train ...17 cattle trucks!



In Western Australia...it is now legal to pull 5 trailers!

I would NOT like to drive on any road with them!
 
Ya boatlode....you owe frank the tank some turtle treats !!
 
:hello: hello duckshot !!
 
meanwhile in Oz...

Road Train ...17 cattle trucks!



In Western Australia...it is now legal to pull 5 trailers!

I would NOT like to drive on any road with them!

From driving in the outback for a few months one was warned about road trains: If you see one coming down road, you do the following: Pull off the bitumen road to allow the trucks to remain on the roadway. If they drop the train onto the shoulders of the main bitumen, then it's a case of getting sprayed with rocks being thrown up into the front wind screen. We traveled 10K without a chip in the front windshield.
Now there is an upside to these road trains and it is that they are great to follow after dark.
They have Roo-bars on the front of them anything they hit comes out as ground beef on the backside of the train. :tongue3:
 
Oh man! I am surprised you did not injure him, also. I like Frank the Tank. Sounds just right.
I don't think Frank even realized that a truck just rolled over him.



Ya boatlode....you owe frank the tank some turtle treats !!
He's off on a mission now. Or maybe he moved out because my place is too messy for him.
 
research for the day:

euN1570.webp
 
Got to use up some of our swiss chard so tonight spanokopita (we kind of cheat and use the chard instead of spinach). A salad on the side to round up the meal.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom