What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

We're getting some decent amount of rain which is greatly needed since everything is parched.
 
We're getting some decent amount of rain which is greatly needed since everything is parched.
We had a midday shower that has been gobbled up to dry again.
Looks like watering again tomorrow.
 
Jim,

Well we lucked out and got several decent downpours so off the watering brigade for a couple of days.
 
Irma...4 years ago today..

IUj4TPi.webp

(lower left corner!)
 
Last edited:
Good morning RCT
 
Good morning rook. It?s raining here.
 
Good morning Rook and WD
 
Good morning Pepperj. Thank you for the information on the bottle. I am kind of happy. I was looking at two different bottles, the Foley and a California fig. I compared the seams on them and told my friend that I thought the Foley was older and worth more. I am happy because it?s an indication that I have learned a little from you and Rusty.
 
Good morning Pepperj. Thank you for the information on the bottle. I am kind of happy. I was looking at two different bottles, the Foley and a California fig. I compared the seams on them and told my friend that I thought the Foley was older and worth more. I am happy because it?s an indication that I have learned a little from you and Rusty.

Over the years I have read snippets of the books referenced on this link and read a fare bit of this link. Just the opening page of the link will give a person a base of what to look for, then one can go from there into more in-depth reading.
https://sha.org/bottle/dating.htm
This page has the maker's marks listed
https://sha.org/bottle/makersmarks.htm
Great information on this page as well
https://sha.org/bottle/body.htm

Your test will be be Feb.15th 2022 :laughing7: (Get to know the rum bottle dating first-then you know what swill the Capt. is pouring)
 
Morning crew.

Off... bbl.

Sorry haven't been around... weekends are very busy for me.

Everyone...

Happy Labor Day.
 
I sometimes wonder about the world and the creations that walk on two feet.
Seems that common sense has really was passed in the gene pool when it comes to some, or maybe sometimes I tend to get overly critical of the these creatures.



I have a main door system for sale.
84"x54" in frame to fit 2x6 construction plus the build out thickness.
Not many inquiries and then 2 very interested parties
One was want to view it, want it delivered
The other will send a ETF of deposit and will pick up.
1st one has only a small car wants it delivered.
Sorry no delivery (40 miles away) Pick up only.
We will ask for viewing appt. when we get transportation sorted out. (Sensible response)
2nd person seems like a better/easier sale.
Till......
Oh if I give you a deposit and it doesn't work, can get it back? (You want to try to install it?)
How big is it?
Read the ad.
Will it fit in my Honda Civic?
Put it on the roof option.:laughing7:
I don't know if a 36" door will hit my stairway partition?
(Maybe get somebody to measure the space)
Sometimes I feel that there's something missing.

20210729_143346.webp
 
Last edited:
Over the years I have read snippets of the books referenced on this link and read a fare bit of this link. Just the opening page of the link will give a person a base of what to look for, then one can go from there into more in-depth reading.
https://sha.org/bottle/dating.htm
This page has the maker's marks listed
https://sha.org/bottle/makersmarks.htm
Great information on this page as well
https://sha.org/bottle/body.htm

Your test will be be Feb.15th 2022 :laughing7: (Get to know the rum bottle dating first-then you know what swill the Capt. is pouring)

Yes, I have gone to that site several times and started reading. Then my head starts swimming. I can retain bits of information here and there.
 
Morning crew.

Off... bbl.

Sorry haven't been around... weekends are very busy for me.

Everyone...

Happy Labor Day.

Hi and bye. Tis ok . Leaves more rum for me, er, uh, I mean the crew. [emoji2957]
 
I sometimes wonder about the world and the creations that walk on two feet.
Seems that common sense has really was passed in the gene pool when it comes to some, or maybe sometimes I tend to get overly critical of the these creatures.



I have a main door system for sale.
84"x54" in frame to fit 2x6 construction plus the build out thickness.
Not many inquiries and then 2 very interested parties
One was want to view it, want it delivered
The other will send a ETF of deposit and will pick up.
1st one has only a small car wants it delivered.
Sorry no delivery (40 miles away) Pick up only.
We will ask for viewing appt. when we get transportation sorted out. (Sensible response)
2nd person seems like a better/easier sale.
Till......
Oh if I give you a deposit and it doesn't work, can get it back? (You want to try to install it?)
How big is it?
Read the ad.
Will it fit in my Honda Civic?
Put it on the roof option.:laughing7:
I don't know if a 36" door will hit my stairway partition?
(Maybe get somebody to measure the space)
Sometimes I feel that there's something missing.

View attachment 1945878

Yes. Something is missing? wood shop from the school curriculum. Home economics for me. Yep. Get rid of the basics, and then you get a bunch of people that can?t grasp basics.
 
Morning Bill, Arc, and Bart (snorkelling around in the tidal pool)
 
Hello and good morning people !!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom