What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I wish I did, but this is only my third.

Sometimes.....Being happy is being content with what you have. Rather than what you don't.
Nothing wrong with striving for more.

In hunting , like some other areas , you're semi entitled to one good stand. One good buck. One golden day.
Anything beyond that is frosting on the cake.

Take'em as they come. Don't sweat the count. You'll enjoy being out in the field more that way.
We can turn it into work. Which is fine if one desires.
But I'll measure success by my own standard. A desired quality specimen in range is success. Doubly when it's a known deer I've been cat and mousing with.
I've got to the stage where checkmate often means watching them wander off after. Not due to being out of wall space. More due to waiting for the perfect weather to process a deer through. And one is enough any more.
Old age maybe? Or success by a different yardstick than I started with?
Still , calling checkmate takes a lot more than luck to be consistent. As you know.

Where you hunt can change everything. Fast.
 
Sometimes.....Being happy is being content with what you have. Rather than what you don't.
Nothing wrong with striving for more.

In hunting , like some other areas , you're semi entitled to one good stand. One good buck. One golden day.
Anything beyond that is frosting on the cake.

Take'em as they come. Don't sweat the count. You'll enjoy being out in the field more that way.
We can turn it into work. Which is fine if one desires.
But I'll measure success by my own standard. A desired quality specimen in range is success. Doubly when it's a known deer I've been cat and mousing with.
I've got to the stage where checkmate often means watching them wander off after. Not due to being out of wall space. More due to waiting for the perfect weather to process a deer through. And one is enough any more.
Old age maybe? Or success by a different yardstick than I started with?
Still , calling checkmate takes a lot more than luck to be consistent. As you know.

Where you hunt can change everything. Fast.

Morning RC
Very well said.
I was raised by the words "If you shoot it-you better eat it"

In a time of party/being young I wanted a duck.
Saw one coming down the lake, lifted the 12ga.
Under estimated the fall, dropped like a rock!
Landed in the water 25ft from shore, stripped to the bare dive in, early November.
The cold ripped me raw-the current took the duck,and I thought it was going to be my last swim.
My mushroom picking partner threw the chest freezer lid which probably saved my life.
It was the go for food kill I did, duck went over the dam, and I felt damned.
 
Morning RC
Very well said.
I was raised by the words "If you shoot it-you better eat it"

In a time of party/being young I wanted a duck.
Saw one coming down the lake, lifted the 12ga.
Under estimated the fall, dropped like a rock!
Landed in the water 25ft from shore, stripped to the bare dive in, early November.
The cold ripped me raw-the current took the duck,and I thought it was going to be my last swim.
My mushroom picking partner threw the chest freezer lid which probably saved my life.
It was the go for food kill I did, duck went over the dam, and I felt damned.

Killing without eating is just killing to me. I don't like it one bit. That's why I make sure I can shoot the end of a cigarette at 100 paces so I make sure I can kill quickly and efficiently.
 
Ok. I am doing laundry. OK wait a sec, it does get interesting. I am throwing the last load in and this spider comes out of the clothes. I slam the door and start the cycle. Then, I start trying to ID the spider. I already had the heebie jeebies, but looking at all the different pics online is really, really getting to me! Now the cycle is done and I dont want to get the clothes out. ACK!
 
Ok. I am doing laundry. OK wait a sec, it does get interesting. I am throwing the last load in and this spider comes out of the clothes. I slam the door and start the cycle. Then, I start trying to ID the spider. I already had the heebie jeebies, but looking at all the different pics online is really, really getting to me! Now the cycle is done and I dont want to get the clothes out. ACK!

How big ?? ? ?
 
Keeping it simple for supper. Smoked salmon with cream cheese on a bagel and a home made coleslaw on the side.
 
How big ?? ? ?

Dark brown, shiny, about the size of a quarter. What stood out to me was it was sleek, angular, no fuzzy. I did get the guts to throw the clothes in the dryer, but I didn?t see it. Probably just a house spider or something, but dang! It looked vile. One of the signs of Fall .
 
Dark brown, shiny, about the size of a quarter. What stood out to me was it was sleek, angular, no fuzzy. I did get the guts to throw the clothes in the dryer, but I didn?t see it. Probably just a house spider or something, but dang! It looked vile. One of the signs of Fall .
Probably not a bad little spider, just helping out with the bug issue.
We seem to have many Daddy long legs in the house, then again they're really not a spider.
The Mrs is getting more comfortable with the eight leggers, traps and puts them outside.
 
Off...c u n am
 


For us Florida folk !!
 
Anyone know what these are? Research has been an epic fail!! They are in relation to... Model trains. HO scale more then likly. I bought to large boxes from goodwill of model trains, parts, buildings etc. 2" x 3" package measurements.

IMG_8159 (2).webp
 
Anyone know what these are? Research has been an epic fail!! They are in relation to... Model trains. HO scale more then likly. I bought to large boxes from goodwill of model trains, parts, buildings etc. 2" x 3" package measurements.

View attachment 1946421
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom