THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I've been picking up potsherds and ceramics here for years too.....got a puzzle fit !!
20231204_083840.jpg

View attachment 2118580View attachment 2118581
Black beauty !! 1870s ?? Beer, 3 piece mold. I've been getting these from the same spot for years. Always seems to be another one around this spot. I bet I have 25 !!
Dang it Bart that's a real beauty also.
Looking at the one picture of the light shining through-Dark Amber 3 piece whittle mold it's looking like.
The other picture doesn't show the whittle marks like this photo,
Maybe it's just the picture/lighting that's throwing my eyes off-but I think it's a whittle mold.

Screen Shot 2023-12-04 at 8.36.03 AM.png

I don't really get to find stuff that old so it's cool to at least get to see someone else's finds. Awesome stuff that you find always looking forward to what you have to show next that you've found
Well....now you've got me thinking about how much gold might be out there John ?? Might have to do a winter dive for gold. Congrats on your gold charm !!

I don't really get to find stuff that old so it's cool to at least get to see someone else's finds. Awesome stuff that you find always looking forward to what you have to show next that you've found
Oh it's out there in your world John, you just have to dig for them.
Every home had a trash/ash/privy hole-the old feller would sneak his drink and throw the bottle down the hole.

Well....now you've got me thinking about how much gold might be out there John ?? Might have to do a winter dive for gold. Congrats on your gold charm !!
Gold is hard to dig and parks and schools because it often sounds like can slaw and aluminum foil same numbers too. So the gold I've got comes from tons of effort and a ton of trash

Dang it Bart that's a real beauty also.
Looking at the one picture of the light shining through-Dark Amber 3 piece whittle mold it's looking like.
The other picture doesn't show the whittle marks like this photo,
Maybe it's just the picture/lighting that's throwing my eyes off-but I think it's a whittle mold.

View attachment 2118584
The first time I dove for bronze cannon corp on the treasure boat we passed a section of shoreline, and I said out loud, I need to get in there and explore !! Bubba Robinson says....there's a civil war bottle dump back there !! I picked up bags and bags of bottles like this. I sold them for 5 dollars each....one guy kept coming back for more. My buddy is a yardsale fanatic, and he sells bottles for me !!

Well yesterday’s snow resulted in a random event in the life and times of Blossom… 😆

You may or not know it feed the birds religiously every day.. and my neighbour hates it nd scares them off whenever he can….😞

I must have about 40 Feral Pigeons down every day… yesterday i noticed one was looking very sorry for itself just sitting on my shed… so left the door open incase he wanted to come in… he choose not to so i shut the door nd wished him well.

About 4pm knock at my door.. there was my neighbour holding little pige.. said “we found him in our garden.. he is alive.. but not working.. “

Oh my days… I nearly cried.. this man who i have been at war with for 2 years over feeding the birds.. actually brought this little one to me…!!

I took him in, thanked him so much, and the pige is now happily sitting in the living room with a bowl of snax and water… nd im hoping he makes it thru…!!
I still cant quite believe it! 😳 xx

View attachment 2118567
Neighbor probably just wanted to be sure you're as crazy as suspected.
Good on him for caring though.
(There. I didn't even mention pie.)

I know you know.
Watch the feet for slippage. Good footing can save creating other problems.

Homing pigeons (and your birds look hinted, combined with orienting with the shed ) are usually banded I thought. Ruling a tired out bird en route out of the equation.

Lastly the keel looks quite pronounced.
You've plenty of birds to compare to though as far as general confirmation presentation locally.
No offence to the subject if it's "normal".
But if it isn't it's light in wing muscle power too. Tiring easier.

I was kind of glad we just had a dash of snow, if I'd taken the weather report to heart I would of put the plow on yesterday, got wet, and for nothing.
Hoping that mother nature earth still stored in the soils will melt it quickly.
We're delaying the inevitable you know...And I'm already sore from shoveling.

Depending on which way the wind blows you might get a weeks grace.
Sloppy forecasts have it breaking freezing here enough to stand a good chance of exposed areas thawing.
North side shaded and stuff , maybe not.
A good layer out there now though.

We're delaying the inevitable you know...And I'm already sore from shoveling.

Depending on which way the wind blows you might get a weeks grace.
Sloppy forecasts have it breaking freezing here enough to stand a good chance of exposed areas thawing.
North side shaded and stuff , maybe not.
A good layer out there now though.
There's a crusty layer under the snow.
Probably from the freezing rain prior to the snow.
But I'm convinced that if procrastinate till this weekend, nature will be my helper.
Screenshot_20231204_124020_Weather Network.jpg

Neighbor probably just wanted to be sure you're as crazy as suspected.
Good on him for caring though.
(There. I didn't even mention pie.)

I know you know.
Watch the feet for slippage. Good footing can save creating other problems.

Homing pigeons (and your birds look hinted, combined with orienting with the shed ) are usually banded I thought. Ruling a tired out bird en route out of the equation.

Lastly the keel looks quite pronounced.
You've plenty of birds to compare to though as far as general confirmation presentation locally.
No offence to the subject if it's "normal".
But if it isn't it's light in wing muscle power too. Tiring easier.
Indeed… 😂 he is Polish… so had his daughter with him .. for protection/translation 🤔…!!! 😆

I think he/she has a broken wing…they have been out mooching about and one is def sitting lower than the other.. but has eaten so chances of survival have improved 😍… !! Fingers crossed!

The local rescue is full and not taking anymore in.. so it looks like i may have gained a pet pige 😍… been looking at bird nappies… but am holding off buying as dont want to jinx their chances😆 xx

Now the great name debate starts… 🤔….!!! xx

Indeed… 😂 he is Polish… so had his daughter with him .. for protection/translation 🤔…!!! 😆

I think he/she has a broken wing…they have been out mooching about and one is def sitting lower than the other.. but has eaten so chances of survival have improved 😍… !! Fingers crossed!

The local rescue is full and not taking anymore in.. so it looks like i may have gained a pet pige 😍… been looking at bird nappies… but am holding off buying as dont want to jinx their chances😆 xx

Now the great name debate starts… 🤔….!!! xx
Well the leg isn't hurt so I'll discount "Limpy"

Would "Gimpy" work.

Our broody hen's nickname is "Grumpy" :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back