What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning everyone. Hot and humid yesterday, and more of the same today. But hey, at least it's finally drying out a little. Rain may come back though.

View attachment 2213666
Trade you some humidity
I'm going to put a sheet of insulation board over the netting today for shade.
Screenshot_20250622_060648_Weather Network.webp
 
Trade you some humidity

Oh we've got plenty of that too. Tough yours does look awful. Here's the humidity for the past 30 days. The shaded area shows the actual range, blue line is the average. You can see it hits 100% or close just about every day, but at least it drops back a little at night.

1750587637027.webp
 
What's in everyone's wake up cup this morning? Nothing fancy here, just a flavored coffee Aldi's had on sale. Mocha marshmallow I believe with a splash of hazelnut cream. Anyone have a favorite roaster? We have one close by called Finger Lakes Roasters that makes a tasty morning blend.
 
What's in everyone's wake up cup this morning? Nothing fancy here, just a flavored coffee Aldi's had on sale. Mocha marshmallow I believe with a splash of hazelnut cream. Anyone have a favorite roaster? We have one close by called Finger Lakes Roasters that makes a tasty morning blend.
French roast coffee for me. ☕
 
What's in everyone's wake up cup this morning? Nothing fancy here, just a flavored coffee Aldi's had on sale. Mocha marshmallow I believe with a splash of hazelnut cream. Anyone have a favorite roaster? We have one close by called Finger Lakes Roasters that makes a tasty morning blend.
My selection this week, next week maybe Grizzly 🤔
A qrt in the morning gets my motor started.

20250622_075346.webp
 
Second layer of net would work well.
I have the 13ft wide bird netting that should work great.
I'll totally blame you if it doesn't 🤣
 
Trying to decide on this coming weekends adventure. I like to find places that I can fossil hunt and metal detect without time constraint. Its been a really rocky start to summer and I'm losing faith in most things and people. The legal system has failed my family and I completely, the sheriffs departments hands are tied with policy. The laws and way of dealing with stalking needs serious reform. If I had a dollar for every time I've been asked if I dated the perpetrator I would be a very wealthy woman. Its more comfortable to believe I am at fault rather than someone who is criminal. Therefore, as my life crumbles I have my metal detector and my rock smashing equipment. I'm just feeling defeated and alone in this fight but is it so wrong to believe in justice? Idk anymore...
 
Trying to decide on this coming weekends adventure. I like to find places that I can fossil hunt and metal detect without time constraint. Its been a really rocky start to summer and I'm losing faith in most things and people. The legal system has failed my family and I completely, the sheriffs departments hands are tied with policy. The laws and way of dealing with stalking needs serious reform. If I had a dollar for every time I've been asked if I dated the perpetrator I would be a very wealthy woman. Its more comfortable to believe I am at fault rather than someone who is criminal. Therefore, as my life crumbles I have my metal detector and my rock smashing equipment. I'm just feeling defeated and alone in this fight but is it so wrong to believe in justice? Idk anymore...
Not trying to be political, I'm not one to argue politics- everyone feels how they feel about that. Just ranting and feeling sorry for myself for a minute. Thoughts over my morning coffee and research I guess.
 
Not trying to be political, I'm not one to argue politics- everyone feels how they feel about that. Just ranting and feeling sorry for myself for a minute. Thoughts over my morning coffee and research I guess.


I don't know you so must not suggest more than you be able to defend yourself and yours. By yourself obviously.
 
Not trying to be political, I'm not one to argue politics- everyone feels how they feel about that. Just ranting and feeling sorry for myself for a minute. Thoughts over my morning coffee and research I guess.
You need a charter membership, then let it rip. 😉
 
What's in everyone's wake up cup this morning? Nothing fancy here, just a flavored coffee Aldi's had on sale. Mocha marshmallow I believe with a splash of hazelnut cream. Anyone have a favorite roaster? We have one close by called Finger Lakes Roasters that makes a tasty morning blend.
Simplicity for me, just Kirkland Breakfast Blend Keurig pods, black.
I like my coffee like I like my women...bitter. :laughing7:
Trying to decide on this coming weekends adventure. I like to find places that I can fossil hunt and metal detect without time constraint. Its been a really rocky start to summer and I'm losing faith in most things and people. The legal system has failed my family and I completely, the sheriffs departments hands are tied with policy. The laws and way of dealing with stalking needs serious reform. If I had a dollar for every time I've been asked if I dated the perpetrator I would be a very wealthy woman. Its more comfortable to believe I am at fault rather than someone who is criminal. Therefore, as my life crumbles I have my metal detector and my rock smashing equipment. I'm just feeling defeated and alone in this fight but is it so wrong to believe in justice? Idk anymore...
That sounds like a terrible place to be in, hang tough, this too will pass.
 
Trying to decide on this coming weekends adventure. I like to find places that I can fossil hunt and metal detect without time constraint. Its been a really rocky start to summer and I'm losing faith in most things and people. The legal system has failed my family and I completely, the sheriffs departments hands are tied with policy. The laws and way of dealing with stalking needs serious reform. If I had a dollar for every time I've been asked if I dated the perpetrator I would be a very wealthy woman. Its more comfortable to believe I am at fault rather than someone who is criminal. Therefore, as my life crumbles I have my metal detector and my rock smashing equipment. I'm just feeling defeated and alone in this fight but is it so wrong to believe in justice? Idk anymore...
That doesn't sound good. Make sure you have some means of self defense. Whether it is lethal or something like pepper spray and a loud alarm is your choice but please use something. I'm not going to get political either but many places seem to worry more about the criminal POS than the victim/citizens. Here in Florida law enforcement is pretty good and pro active. Not perfect but still pretty effective.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom