What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

How plans change quickly.
Contractors showed up today with the start of a hardscape job.
I asked the one equipment operator to help me lift the Max into the car in a bit, as I need to bring him to the Vet.

Won't stand, no interest in anything food, equipment back up alarms, treats, life.
No strength in his limbs, possible Lyme.

So is it going to be the regular doctor, or an emergency clinic. :dontknow:
Hope you can get him revived in short order.
 
How plans change quickly.
Contractors showed up today with the start of a hardscape job.
I asked the one equipment operator to help me lift the Max into the car in a bit, as I need to bring him to the Vet.

Won't stand, no interest in anything food, equipment back up alarms, treats, life.
No strength in his limbs, possible Lyme.

So is it going to be the regular doctor, or an emergency clinic. :dontknow:
Praying for the best for max !!
 
How plans change quickly.
Contractors showed up today with the start of a hardscape job.
I asked the one equipment operator to help me lift the Max into the car in a bit, as I need to bring him to the Vet.

Won't stand, no interest in anything food, equipment back up alarms, treats, life.
No strength in his limbs, possible Lyme.

So is it going to be the regular doctor, or an emergency clinic. :dontknow:

Dammit.

I have a dislike for the clinics here.
As bad as they are for humans.

An experienced vet and staff that has a history with the dog would be my first choice but testing and diagnosis mean the more expensive equipped facility if it's a choice between a vet with only a stethoscope and one with a full lab.
But then long ago we had a vet with limited equipment that was superior.

Seems toxic, or nervous system.
Kidneys were first guess but that's easy enough to know through blood testing. You may already know.

Hang in there Max. Your folks are trying to help.
X.O..
 
Screenshot_20250711_093412_WhatsApp.webp

Next level treasure....you guys will probably never see something so incredibly valuable ever again.....this piece is being brokered by my friends in the Bahamas....we call big pieces of white ambergris like this "retirement chunk" this 42 pound piece of ultra fine white ambergris is currently under contract for 700,000$ !!
 
Dammit.

I have a dislike for the clinics here.
As bad as they are for humans.

An experienced vet and staff that has a history with the dog would be my first choice but testing and diagnosis mean the more expensive equipped facility if it's a choice between a vet with only a stethoscope and one with a full lab.
But then long ago we had a vet with limited equipment that was superior.

Seems toxic, or nervous system.
Kidneys were first guess but that's easy enough to know through blood testing. You may already know.

Hang in there Max. Your folks are trying to help.
X.O..
At our regular Dr. 10:20 appt.
My woodworker buddy helped carry the packing blanket with Max.
90 lbs feels more in a blanket.
He's drinking at least, hope his bladder can hold up till they tend to him.
Very quiet puppy though.
 
He's drinking at least, hope his bladder can hold up till they tend to him.
Very quiet puppy though.
I hope it's something easily identified and treated. One of our dogs had a kidney issue some years back that had as thinking she was on death's door, but a blood test, some meds, and a couple of days later she was fine. I hope it's as simple for Max.
 
How plans change quickly.
Contractors showed up today with the start of a hardscape job.
I asked the one equipment operator to help me lift the Max into the car in a bit, as I need to bring him to the Vet.

Won't stand, no interest in anything food, equipment back up alarms, treats, life.
No strength in his limbs, possible Lyme.

So is it going to be the regular doctor, or an emergency clinic. :dontknow:
I’m sad to hear this, I pray you Max gets through this quickly
 
:coffee2: Happy Friday. The Atlantic Red Snapper season is today & tomorrow. My buddy called and wants me to go but it's a 1 fish per day per person limit. Not worth the time or gas money. I can take my wife out for a fresh snapper dinner with drinks for less than 1/2 what I'd give him for gas. 140' of water means 25+ miles out of Sebastián Inlet. That's a long boat ride for 1 fish. This was one I caught a few years back. I had my offshore boat for 25 years and after I sold it a few years ago I just don't have much desire to bang around out there anymore. Offshore fishing was a lot of fun but also a lot of work.


View attachment 2216277
Once my buddy and I went out drinking. It was so hot I stripped to my underwear and jumped overboard. He was yelling something so I climbed back in the boat and he said, you idiot don’t you know there’s sharks out here 😃
 
View attachment 2216283
Next level treasure....you guys will probably never see something so incredibly valuable ever again.....this piece is being brokered by my friends in the Bahamas....we call big pieces of white ambergris like this "retirement chunk" this 42 pound piece of ultra fine white ambergris is currently under contract for 700,000$ !!
Looks like a rock. Explain it more as to why it’s so valuable, please
 
Looks like a rock. Explain it more as to why it’s so valuable, please
Whale $hit I believe is the layman's term.
Make expensive perfumes.
Rich women and men can wear it then.

That's really rich when a person thinks about it.🤣
 
Well 2 x-rays, 2 bottles of pills.
At home again, resting absorbing his blood back into his body.
Hopefully he will be strong enough by 8 AM Monday morning for surgery.
He more than likely has spleen bleed.
Some type of a cancer.
They'll do an ultrasound Monday morning to look at the liver.
If it hasn't spread then the spleen will be removed.
If it has spread-😭

Oh damn it, you know it hurts.
 
Oh damn it, you know it hurts.
Sorry to hear that. Even the "good" option doesn't sound great. But if they do remove the spleen and it hasn't spread, is that a cure? Hoping?
 
Sorry to hear that. Even the "good" option doesn't sound great. But if they do remove the spleen and it hasn't spread, is that a cure? Hoping?
If it hasn't spread, then he's got a good chance in being like every other old dog.
4 pm update. Color in gums pink, press white disappeared in a millisecond. Ate some kale 😋 😍
So he's holding his own.
 
Screenshot 2025-07-11 at 13-42-56 brookings oregon current temp - Google Search.webp



I have a jug of water i pour over my fat ass !! (starting at head area..) I'm not The young powerhouse I was 30 years ago....duh. I wear a size 56 jacket so there is a lot of me to sweat ! I hit 300 pounds... 300.6 Your tall people say ! Big deal so I'm a 6' 5" and fat. a beer gut is where it's at. Being a type one insulin diabetic and insulin injections cause the weight gain my doc says. Doc a says, I was 245-275 in my younger days. Time is the answer. Weight gain is not from junk food, beer i eat right. Fat viking!!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: ??? ???
 
View attachment 2216283
Next level treasure....you guys will probably never see something so incredibly valuable ever again.....this piece is being brokered by my friends in the Bahamas....we call big pieces of white ambergris like this "retirement chunk" this 42 pound piece of ultra fine white ambergris is currently under contract for 700,000$ !!
stone-cold-steve-austin beer hell yeh.gif


Mr Black Bart will be sharing the wealth !?
RC said you can give me his share.... Thank you !!!!

dazed point laugh.gif
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom