What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Max update: By last night he walked over to me with his ball. I dropped it in front of him a few times just to play a tad.
He started to bark more, grooming, so overall a lot better.
He can get up on his own pretty well now.
So one day to go.🤞
 
Max update: By last night he walked over to me with his ball. I dropped it in front of him a few times just to play a tad.
He started to bark more, grooming, so overall a lot better.
He can get up on his own pretty well now.
So one day to go.🤞
I think he is just in the need of a vacation... like a warm Florida one.

Ship him on down to me for a stay... my Chihuahua will keep him busy. :)
 
I think he is just in the need of a vacation... like a warm Florida one.

Ship him on down to me for a stay... my Chihuahua will keep him busy. :)
Ur dog right :coffee2:
 
I think he is just in the need of a vacation... like a warm Florida one.

Ship him on down to me for a stay... my Chihuahua will keep him busy. :)
The vet picked up a little sticker and read the funny meme.
She showed me the picture of the Chihuahua.
"Do you know that they're closer genetically to Wolves than Max is?"

On that note🤣

He's certainly not letting me out of his sights.
20250713_063115.webp
 
It seems that every rain event just disappears.
The radar shows it's just about to happen then nothing except a dozen drops.

Someone, somewhere is squeezing the sponge a tad too dry.
Need to start pumping water over to the garden as the 35 gallon trips aren't cutting it.
Plus dig/finish a drainage big O before tomorrow.
At least the BBQ event is canceled 😞
Friends home got river flooded so they're cleaning up.
And we can't have a 7 yr old a Max together for sure.
Next planned rain event 1pm.🙏
 
The vet picked up a little sticker and read the funny meme.
She showed me the picture of the Chihuahua.
"Do you know that they're closer genetically to Wolves than Max is?"

On that note🤣

He's certainly not letting me out of his sights. View attachment 2216542
Alright Max!

Stoicism can make ongoing diagnosis difficult. It's on you to translate for the vet..
 
Blue Birds?
They return every year to the same nest.
This Would be 7 yrs now.
The first female laid 4 eggs, 1 hatched.
She either hit the windows or something happened.
Her mate picked her up and flew away.
We were saddened by the loss of her and the nest.
He returned a week later with a new mate.
She wasn't use to us or the Max barking, lights, doors. But she got use to the house activity and produced a 5 egg hatch.

We have a Robin nesting on the other end of the house.😁

Screenshot_20250713_091554_Google.webp
 
Choir teacher told us all to listen for that gap during a performance end and audience applause. Including those performances of others elsewhere ect..The longer the gap the more profound the affect.
My voice instructor invited me to sing with her Friday night at a banquet for her husband’s company. It was lighthearted while everyone mingled and we took turns and did a couple together (I sang songs like Girls Just Want to Have Fun and we did Take a Chance on Me together). Then after their presentations about the company and awards it was time to sing one last one as everyone left.

I spotted Sound of Silence and asked if I could do it. She said knock them out and started the music (piano only). When I got to “10,000 people maybe more” I closed my eyes, then at the end the last time “sound” is sung where Disturbed holds the note for five beats I held it for at least 12, probably closer to 15, then opened my eyes. It was awkward, there was a sea of people staring at me, some through the glass from the sidewalk outside (I’m loud), from the hall, and I thought about what you said here so I was thinking okay people start clapping. They didn’t. Nothing. And they weren’t leaving which made it worse. 😩

My instructor said sh- Mags this is supposed to be a celebration and you have them evaluating their souls, sing something happy, now. So I clicked on animated soundtracks, and this was the first I saw 🙄 But it did the trick, some started dancing, others singing along, it was great! Not bad for someone that just a year ago was so anxious I had to worry about barfing just having dinner with family friends.

 
My voice instructor invited me to sing with her Friday night at a banquet for her husband’s company. It was lighthearted while everyone mingled and we took turns and did a couple together (I sang songs like Girls Just Want to Have Fun and we did Take a Chance on Me together). Then after their presentations about the company and awards it was time to sing one last one as everyone left.

I spotted Sound of Silence and asked if I could do it. She said knock them out and started the music (piano only). When I got to “10,000 people maybe more” I closed my eyes, then at the end the last time “sound” is sung where Disturbed holds the note for five beats I held it for at least 12, probably closer to 15, then opened my eyes. It was awkward, there was a sea of people staring at me, some through the glass from the sidewalk outside (I’m loud), from the hall, and I thought about what you said here so I was thinking okay people start clapping. They didn’t. Nothing. And they weren’t leaving which made it worse. 😩

My instructor said sh- Mags this is supposed to be a celebration and you have them evaluating their souls, sing something happy, now. So I clicked on animated soundtracks, and this was the first I saw 🙄 But it did the trick, some started dancing, others singing along, it was great! Not bad for someone that just a year ago was so anxious I had to worry about barfing just having dinner with family friends.


You wowed them though. Congrats? Or dang , you really stepped in it now.
Sing.
Sing for a year. Then you will know how it feels for sure.
Do it another year and there will be no question. But if you like it; just sing.


I'm no former Celine Dion fan.
Her Olympic performance stuck me as one of the greatest I've watched.
Even the weather was perfect as rain was visible.
And her choice of song/story.
Was she conscious of the viewers? What matters viewers? She was singing because she could. And not long prior that was easier said than done regardless of a witness or ear in range or not.
But she lived (barely almost) as a singer not singing. Not being able to participate in her passion.

She could have been off key and forgot the words and I'd have been inspired just to watch.
Because she couldn't for a time prior, after having been such a phenom prior to that. Sometimes putting oneself in a position to fail means more than prior wins personally.

Your person is a persona. Your singing is removed from that persona. Choose one at a time behind the mic. until you can balance them.
You did choose to sing , before you stopped and opened your eyes.
Just like being told to not look down from a height, you looked.
Your singing is fine. There is nothing wrong with you or your instructor would have told you.

Your tower is somewhere. Better you don't ever have to discover it after losing your voice. But if you do find yourself on it years from now; you'll know what to do.
But you can't fairly quit till you try .


[@GoriBeringeifan332​

11 months ago (edited)
Piaf wrote the lyrics for the love of her life, who was killed in a plane crash. Celine Dion took on Piaf's pain, added the loss of her own soulmate, along w/ the agony of an excruciatingly painful, incurable illness and gave us this exhilarating, life-affirming masterpiece. Pain, you'd better leave this woman alone, she outclassed you in every way.]


[“Hymne à l’amour“ (meaning: hymn to love) is a French song originally written and sung by Édith Piaf in 1950

The blue sky above us can collapse
And the earth could just as well cave in
Because you love me
I don’t care about the entire world

Tant qu’l’amour innondera mes matins
Tant qu’mon corps frémira sous tes mains
Peu m’importe les problèmes
Mon amour, puisque tu m’aimes

As long as love floods my mornings
As long as my body trembles under your hands
Regardless of the problems
My love, since you love me

J’irais jusqu’au bout du monde
Je me ferais teindre en blonde
Si tu me le demandais
J’irais décrocher la Lune
J’irais voler la fortune
Si tu me le demandais
Je renierais ma patrie
Je renierais mes amis
Si tu me le demandais
On peut bien rire de moi
Je ferais n’importe quoi
Si tu me le demandais
]
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Latest Discussions

    Back
    Top Bottom