What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

You wowed them though. Congrats? Or dang , you really stepped in it now.
Sing.
Sing for a year. Then you will know how it feels for sure.
Do it another year and there will be no question. But if you like it; just sing.


I'm no former Celine Dion fan.
Her Olympic performance stuck me as one of the greatest I've watched.
Even the weather was perfect as rain was visible.
And her choice of song/story.
Was she conscious of the viewers? What matters viewers? She was singing because she could. And not long prior that was easier said than done regardless of a witness or ear in range or not.
But she lived (barely almost) as a singer not singing. Not being able to participate in her passion.

She could have been off key and forgot the words and I'd have been inspired just to watch.
Because she couldn't for a time prior, after having been such a phenom prior to that. Sometimes putting oneself in a position to fail means more than prior wins personally.

Your person is a persona. Your singing is removed from that persona. Choose one at a time behind the mic. until you can balance them.
You did choose to sing , before you stopped and opened your eyes.
Just like being told to not look down from a height, you looked.
Your singing is fine. There is nothing wrong with you or your instructor would have told you.

Your tower is somewhere. Better you don't ever have to discover it after losing your voice. But if you do find yourself on it years from now; you'll know what to do.
But you can't fairly quit till you try .


[@GoriBeringeifan332​

11 months ago (edited)
Piaf wrote the lyrics for the love of her life, who was killed in a plane crash. Celine Dion took on Piaf's pain, added the loss of her own soulmate, along w/ the agony of an excruciatingly painful, incurable illness and gave us this exhilarating, life-affirming masterpiece. Pain, you'd better leave this woman alone, she outclassed you in every way.]


[“Hymne à l’amour“ (meaning: hymn to love) is a French song originally written and sung by Édith Piaf in 1950

The blue sky above us can collapse
And the earth could just as well cave in
Because you love me
I don’t care about the entire world

Tant qu’l’amour innondera mes matins
Tant qu’mon corps frémira sous tes mains
Peu m’importe les problèmes
Mon amour, puisque tu m’aimes

As long as love floods my mornings
As long as my body trembles under your hands
Regardless of the problems
My love, since you love me

J’irais jusqu’au bout du monde
Je me ferais teindre en blonde
Si tu me le demandais
J’irais décrocher la Lune
J’irais voler la fortune
Si tu me le demandais
Je renierais ma patrie
Je renierais mes amis
Si tu me le demandais
On peut bien rire de moi
Je ferais n’importe quoi
Si tu me le demandais
]

Thank you! I found the Olympics closing and that was beautiful. That makes sense about the persona, I’ve always rapped (old stuff and stuff I’ve written) and when I get into the beat I don’t care who is watching, it is like I’m gone and there’s only the song.


I love this song! It led me to another by Everlast called White Trash Beautiful. I’m working on learning that one now. Even though they’re white I can definitely connect to that video. I’ll leave that at that.
 
Just got home from the hospital, and the big guy is in surgery.
Liver ultrasound looked good.
So hopefully the surgery will be a standard procedure.

The extra sales: Blood work?
What for? We know the issue

Have the spleen examined?
Why what difference will it make, 🤔

Well if it was "MY" dog I would like to know.

Would it change anything regarding his life?

No

We're going to just love him just as much either way, so it won't make any difference.

Personally I would like to believe that he has some miles left on the clock-instead of counting his clock down.
 
Just got home from the hospital, and the big guy is in surgery.
Liver ultrasound looked good.
So hopefully the surgery will be a standard procedure.

The extra sales: Blood work?
What for? We know the issue

Have the spleen examined?
Why what difference will it make, 🤔

Well if it was "MY" dog I would like to know.

Would it change anything regarding his life?

No

We're going to just love him just as much either way, so it won't make any difference.

Personally I would like to believe that he has some miles left on the clock-instead of counting his clock down.
Wishing Max all the best.
 
Good morning everyone
Mornin Evan!

1752525880874.webp
 
Just got home from the hospital, and the big guy is in surgery.
Liver ultrasound looked good.
So hopefully the surgery will be a standard procedure.

The extra sales: Blood work?
What for? We know the issue

Have the spleen examined?
Why what difference will it make, 🤔

Well if it was "MY" dog I would like to know.

Would it change anything regarding his life?

No

We're going to just love him just as much either way, so it won't make any difference.

Personally I would like to believe that he has some miles left on the clock-instead of counting his clock down.

C'mon Max.
Let's see you home; then back on duty soon.
 
Wishing Max all the best.
C'mon Max.
Let's see you home; then back on duty soon.
The Max pulled through, dog tired.
Had to use the packaging blanket in and out of the car.
Into his sleeping quarters.
So I will be head to head with him.

That spleen was a nasty looking guy.
Not sure if you want to see the picture 🤔.

Resting quietly, at home.
20250714_172055.webp
 
The Max pulled through, dog tired.
Had to use the packaging blanket in and out of the car.
Into his sleeping quarters.
So I will be head to head with him.

That spleen was a nasty looking guy.
Not sure if you want to see the picture 🤔.

Resting quietly, at home.
View attachment 2216775
No pic , thanks.
Cause of spleen failure?
 
Cancer
Spleens are supposed to be smooth looking.
His marble size bubbles all over it.
I'm a few minutes late to start preparing the dogs suppers..
I don't have our recipe at hand but we use organic coconut oil. And it seems like only a tablespoon of pepper per batch.
My last girl had a real large mass. Non cancerous.
Another has some too . Sorry I'm not sure but she might be in long term trouble. But she's very old as is.
Multiple supplements among the dogs I lose track of the whys.. (I don't choose supplements).
I'm only giving one dog the golden paste any more and don't remember his specific problem. About a quarter teaspoon and I smear it on his food or he'll set it aside.
Another gets milk thistle extract for kidneys. Another gets cbd oil...Another gets...

I don't add or increase a supplement without ladyfriends or the vets go ahead. Rather I try to reduce or eliminate if benefit isn't obvious.
Golden paste prolonged one of my "girls" life and quality of life . Pulled her back a couple times.
And when the time came to cease; she had won on the clock .
You might look around online and ask your vet if they've heard of it. Or don't inquire.
you should if you ever try any of course as your vet trumps my opinion of anti inflammatory. Plus if other meds or conditions are involved they may not agree.


://canineweekly.com/golden-paste-for-dogs/
 
The Max pulled through, dog tired.
Had to use the packaging blanket in and out of the car.
Into his sleeping quarters.
So I will be head to head with him.

That spleen was a nasty looking guy.
Not sure if you want to see the picture 🤔.

Resting quietly, at home.
View attachment 2216775
Rest well buddy, here's to a quick recovery
 
The Max pulled through, dog tired.
Tired and sedated. Which is probably a good thing at the moment. Hopefully he recovers quickly and is back to his normal self (or as close as he can be) soon.
 
Homemade dog food in the plastic dish that ladyfriend cooks.

It looks like the good jasmine rice but is brown rice usually.

Ground turkey.
Canned pumpkin.
Salmon or tuna.
Three different types of green vegetables.
Cottage cheese.
A trio of fruits.
I'm probably forgetting something.

One dog gets it straight.
Another gets it half in half with the canned lamb or salmon. Chopped and mashes so there are not pieces bigger than half a pea.
Two get canned.
One gets dried kibble salmon/potato.
One gets only canned liver care diet. Expensive (what isn't here at feeding time) and I don't like the ingredients list but that poor dog holds her weight so well it's surprising. And she's probably another one that has outlived predictions.



20250714_175932.webp
 
Last edited:
I'm a few minutes late to start preparing the dogs suppers..
I don't have our recipe at hand but we use organic coconut oil. And it seems like only a tablespoon of pepper per batch.
My last girl had a real large mass. Non cancerous.
Another has some too . Sorry I'm not sure but she might be in long term trouble. But she's very old as is.
Multiple supplements among the dogs I lose track of the whys.. (I don't choose supplements).
I'm only giving one dog the golden paste any more and don't remember his specific problem. About a quarter teaspoon and I smear it on his food or he'll set it aside.
Another gets milk thistle extract for kidneys. Another gets cbd oil...Another gets...

I don't add or increase a supplement without ladyfriends or the vets go ahead. Rather I try to reduce or eliminate if benefit isn't obvious.
Golden paste prolonged one of my "girls" life and quality of life . Pulled her back a couple times.
And when the time came to cease; she had won on the clock .
You might look around online and ask your vet if they've heard of it. Or don't inquire.
you should if you ever try any of course as your vet trumps my opinion of anti inflammatory. Plus if other meds or conditions are involved they may not agree.


://canineweekly.com/golden-paste-for-dogs/

Here's recipe I found online, it doesn't use your coconut oil but it can, it also has more black pepper.

 
Last edited:
The Max pulled through, dog tired.
Had to use the packaging blanket in and out of the car.
Into his sleeping quarters.
So I will be head to head with him.

That spleen was a nasty looking guy.
Not sure if you want to see the picture 🤔.

Resting quietly, at home.
View attachment 2216775
Glad he made it through the surgery !! Stronger and better is what I'm talkin' about ! Hoping for !!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom