What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Today is the last day of nice weather.

Screenshot_20250723_061025_Weather Network.webp


Then it comes in tommorow again for another hot/humid week. YUK!

Screenshot_20250723_061113_Weather Network.webp
 
Mornin all.

Bones want me to go back to bed and curl up making whimpering sounds.

Going to try to beat the heat and get a neighbor at the hunting property (stereo blaring neighbor.) to look for a place to dig a sump hole for irrigation.
His backhoe has been stuck enough hopefully he's gun shy about sticking it more.
But too he won't get near enough the swamp for an ideal site with it either.
 
I hate that you are having the hot weather just like us in Georgia heat index of 100 here every day. Can’t risk going out and getting heat stroke where I go cause of no houses for miles
Hydrate, electrolytes, extra salt.
I seem to manage in the heat, I don't have any extra weight so that might help.

But that sucks if I get ill, as I have no reserves.
 
So there we stood looking in a "yikes" deep hole in the swamp edge ground with no water sloshing around in it.
The area where I usually have a puddle most of the year is dry too.
I'll check tomorrow to see what seeped in and add a couple logs as exits in case anything falls in.
( The operator of the hoe did create a crude exit ramp on one side upon request for that same purpose.)
 
Good afternoon crew! I went to a 1st Cavalry Division reunion in Reno, the to my daughter's cbin on a lake for the 4th, then ran through a series of doctors appointments. then I fell and injured my left thigh muscle! Oh yeh, I turned 79! I just getting healed from the thigh injury. Sometime these things run in streaks, and that sucks! On the other hand, every new day is a wonderful gift!
 
Well I had another SSDD.
It's better having a site close for the black earth ( old manure).
Got 240 cu.yrds. now
14 loads from this new site. Probably another 6 at least.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom