What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning everyone.

I had to escort a butterfly out of the shed yesterday. It couldn't figure out how to get past the window.

View attachment 2221888
That happens frequently with hummingbirds in my shop. They fly in through the open bay doors and fly up (16 ft ceiling) and can't seem to figure out to fly down and out. Had many die in there, there's just no way to help them.
 
We found some curtains called blackout that really help keep the heat out if anyone else has a problem with glass windows getting super hot and then heating up the house.
I have double pane windows & built plantation shutters for the front of the house. That helps immensely.
 
Morning Mx . Roberk you must be a camera man . Your pictures are very nice
 
Morning Mx . Roberk you must be a camera man . Your pictures are very nice
Thanks, but I assure you it's more the camera than the man. I just happen to be in some good picture spots now and then.
 
That happens frequently with hummingbirds in my shop. They fly in through the open bay doors and fly up (16 ft ceiling) and can't seem to figure out to fly down and out. Had many die in there, there's just no way to help them.
Yep. I had a woodpecker get into the shed once, and it was the same -- he would fly all around up above the open doors and not come down low enough to go out. I finally got on a ladder the next day and took out one of the gable vents at the peak, and then he flew right out.
 
I bet
We need new windows
We had new windows installed about 5 years ago. I re-insulated the attic including the garage. I put in new sliding glass doors. All double pane. The next year we had a new and bigger A/C unit installed. Trying to keep up with an old house.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9770.webp
    IMG_9770.webp
    968.3 KB · Views: 31
Good morning everybody, today is supposed to be the hottest day of the year so far here. 🥵
I have to go to a funeral tomorrow in Dixon. Not looking forward to the heat.
 
We had new windows installed about 5 years ago. I re-insulated the attic including the garage. I put in new sliding glass doors. All double pane. The next year we had a new and bigger A/C unit installed. Trying to keep up with an old house.
Everyone wants to install fiberglass or plexiglass nowadays.
 
That happens frequently with hummingbirds in my shop. They fly in through the open bay doors and fly up (16 ft ceiling) and can't seem to figure out to fly down and out. Had many die in there, there's just no way to help them.
Extended pole with a fish net to catch them.
 
Noticed a big old oak tree fell over some iron wood trees. Now they're over top of the creek trail.
I'm not going to be cutting them, looks like a kill me type of mess.

20250820_104431.webp
20250820_104356.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20250820_104356.webp
    20250820_104356.webp
    4.7 MB · Views: 20

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom