What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Today before work, 20 yards !

20 yards.webp
 
Thanks !! I will definitely investigate. There might be a "last years model" version ?
Hi. No, this is new, the 2000. The 1000 just used traditional VLF ground tracking and ground reading with a few minor tweaks. The 2000 is new altogether. Pulse Induction is King when it comes to ground tracking and ground reading. Nothing comes within "cooee", an old Aussie saying for nothing comes near it, (cooee is considered the most travelling sound through the bush as a call to attract others attention) so the 2000 has the crazy unmatched sensitivity of a screamer sensitive VLF like the 24k and Goldbugs with the ground reading tracking of a Pulse Induction with added depth.
Traditional VLF ground reading spits the dummy where Pulse Induction cruises all smooth. Sort of like this. VLF is like a boat that is nice n stable in quite ground but has to return to shore when the waves get up and gets unstable. Pulse Induction sees those same waves as flat sea.
If you had one in a club I reckon you'd be getting non stop "can I have a go, can I have a go"
 
Hi. No, this is new, the 2000. The 1000 just used traditional VLF ground tracking and ground reading with a few minor tweaks. The 2000 is new altogether. Pulse Induction is King when it comes to ground tracking and ground reading. Nothing comes within "cooee", an old Aussie saying for nothing comes near it, (cooee is considered the most travelling sound through the bush as a call to attract others attention) so the 2000 has the crazy unmatched sensitivity of a screamer sensitive VLF like the 24k and Goldbugs with the ground reading tracking of a Pulse Induction with added depth.
Traditional VLF ground reading spits the dummy where Pulse Induction cruises all smooth. Sort of like this. VLF is like a boat that is nice n stable in quite ground but has to return to shore when the waves get up and gets unstable. Pulse Induction sees those same waves as flat sea.
If you had one in a club I reckon you'd be getting non stop "can I have a go, can I have a go"
If it finds small gold... Hell yeh ! Sounds like a kick ass machine, I don't want to spend the bucks for the famous GPZ7000.... I hope I got that right. The club has claims that i usually prospect alone I have met a few people them on different claims, checked out different detectors.
 
If it finds small gold... Hell yeh ! Sounds like a kick ass machine, I don't want to spend the bucks for the famous GPZ7000.... I hope I got that right. The club has claims that i usually prospect alone I have met a few people them on different claims, checked out different detectors.
Yes. Its aimed at small gold from a gram under. Naturally it will find bigger bits too.
I owned a GPZ and everything under it other than the 600. This wont compete with the 7000 on larger bits, nor the GPX's 4500, 5000 nor 6000. Its aimed at the small stuff under a gram, but best under 1/2 a gram and gets better the smaller.
Yeah im getting by everything im getting feedback from here it will be a small gold kick ass machine.
 
Yes. Its aimed at small gold from a gram under. Naturally it will find bigger bits too.
I owned a GPZ and everything under it other than the 600. This wont compete with the 7000 on larger bits, nor the GPX's 4500, 5000 nor 6000. Its aimed at the small stuff under a gram, but best under 1/2 a gram and gets better the smaller.
Yeah im getting by everything im getting feedback from here it will be a small gold kick ass machine.
Probably work for relics rings and coins too, but around here.... not much of that ! Waterproof I hope. I have a small hopper I'm looking at and a high banker, find the gold with detector dig/dump right into hopper/high banker.
 
Good morning everyone.

From the garden -- a thing that I originally thought was a spaghetti squash, now that it's riper, I think it's a longish mini pumpkin.

IMG_4086.webp


And speaking of pumpkin, here's half of that butternut squash that I harvested a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't sure it was ripe, but it was. Some steam time in the oven, a little butter, cinnamon, and a sprinkle of brown sugar, and it tasted like pumpkin pie without the crust. :icon_thumright:

IMG_4087.webp
 
Use a VPN. I look at cars, gold, guitars anything... and then I get ads for everything I looked at. VPN... no way I'm invisible.
A VPN only hides your connection, it doesn't hide your browser. When you visit websites and look at whatever, there are cookies that can tag along and keep track of what you're clicking on (and therefore interested in). And websites very often use services of the major providers (Google analytics, Facebook connectors, etc) so your site visits get tracked that way too, with or without the cookies. So yeah -- no way you're invisible. With a VPN, that may not all get tied to you, but it gets tied to something -- and that something is your browser.

Here's a fun experiment for you. If you've got a smartphone that you can use your voice with (things like "Hey, Siri" or "Hey, Google"), even if you turn those services off, you may still have something listening. With your phone in the room, talk about something unusual that you don't search online and see if you start getting ads for it. That has happened to me often enough to know it's not a coincidence -- and I have repeatedly checked to make sure I don't have microphone access allowed to anything that I'm not directly using.

(And of course if. you have an Amazon Alexa or a Google Nest or any such device, it's absolutely listening to everything, all the time. It may not keep what it hears, but it still hears.)
 
A VPN only hides your connection, it doesn't hide your browser. When you visit websites and look at whatever, there are cookies that can tag along and keep track of what you're clicking on (and therefore interested in). And websites very often use services of the major providers (Google analytics, Facebook connectors, etc) so your site visits get tracked that way too, with or without the cookies. So yeah -- no way you're invisible. With a VPN, that may not all get tied to you, but it gets tied to something -- and that something is your browser.

Here's a fun experiment for you. If you've got a smartphone that you can use your voice with (things like "Hey, Siri" or "Hey, Google"), even if you turn those services off, you may still have something listening. With your phone in the room, talk about something unusual that you don't search online and see if you start getting ads for it. That has happened to me often enough to know it's not a coincidence -- and I have repeatedly checked to make sure I don't have microphone access allowed to anything that I'm not directly using.

(And of course if. you have an Amazon Alexa or a Google Nest or any such device, it's absolutely listening to everything, all the time. It may not keep what it hears, but it still hears.)
That has happened to all of us at some point....what is the fear....are they coming after you now? Are the advertisements better if they dont know what your into? Have the wackos attacked you yet....who are "they" and what harm has come from anything you've mentioned? 2 billion people a month on Instagram and the biggest treasure hunting content on the internet and your worried about ads? Have you been hacked ? I feel the resistance and all that is fine....im not trying to sway anyone to quit this or join that, and all I know is this site is slowly sinking into the sunset. I love t-net too or i would not be here now. Please dont think im trying to be argumentative, im not trying to be ugly or nasty to anyone. All the worries you guys are bringing up are really quite petty....all your data has been collected for years, and will continue to be. Nothing besides my ad choice has been changed, and none of that ever harmed my way of life....im just not sure what all the worries are all about ?
 
That has happened to all of us at some point....what is the fear....are they coming after you now? Are the advertisements better if they dont know what your into? Have the wackos attacked you yet....who are "they" and what harm has come from anything you've mentioned?
It's not fear (why would anyone fear an advertisement), it's about uninvited intrusions. It's not OK that I have dozens of unwanted advertisements in my browser or my in box, just like it would not be OK to have two dozen different pieces of junk mail in my physical mailbox every day. It's not OK that server storage and internet bandwidth get wasted on things I never asked for -- or in many cases, specifically asked NOT to receive. It's not OK that the majority of the phone calls I get these days are robo calls that don't even bother to speak when I answer the phone.

To give an offline example, suppose I drove by a car lot and see a nice car. I pull in and give it a look, just out of curiosity. It would definitely NOT be OK if that car lot grabbed my plate number and from there contacted every car dealer within fifty miles and said that I was looking at cars, and I seemed to spend the most time looking at bright green ones with mag wheels and eyelashes on the headlights -- and then I started getting mail and phone calls from car dealers and auto accessory places. Maybe I was in the market, or maybe I just thought the green VW with the eyelashes was so bizarre that I had to stop and look for a minute. In either case, I did not ask for anyone to start chasing me with ads, or sharing my contact info.

Yet this is exactly the scenario that happens with your browser and sites you visit, every single day. It wastes resources, it wastes bandwidth, and most importantly, it wastes time. Instead of asking "what's the harm", maybe ask "what's the benefit"?
 
Screenshot_20250909_053542_Samsung Internet.webp


You see....the biggest contributors, and the most reactions, are just the folks here on RCT.....every good morning, and every random chat gets likes from the crew.....that is why the only people up there are RCT people. I stopped saying good morning, and liking every post here because its not really about the likes, banners, and random chats....its about treasure hunting for me. I've put more attention here at t-net on treasure related content and not the Facebook style blogging about everything in my life. Its nice to see everyone's pictures, and its great getting to know everyone's routine.....but I'd rather see the treasure related content and thats what I like here. No big deal....I still come here to see what's going on with the RCT people and thats fine too. But there is a whole treasurehunti g world out there and much of it is being missed by treasurenet. The world has passed by and left us stragglers here to limp this site along....it will have to adapt, or lose its crowd to other sites that are crammed with more features. I choose to do both and enjoy both, and have had no troubles from "THEY" !! Whomever these horrible internet people are, they have not hacked me, they haven't stalked me, they haven't got my account info, and im still just fine after years of using both social media platforms.....yes t-net is also a form of social media. I guess im a real idiot for using Instagram in some people's eyes, and thats ok too !! Ill continue to interact here and on some other social media platforms.....because all of these concerns about Instagram have not harmed me even in the least bit.....infact its been a blessing and helped me in many more ways than I can count.....including but not limited to....making a bunch of money. Either way its a personal choice, and you are all entitled to that. What I will say is there is an enormous and wonderful treasurehunting community on Instagram. The content related to treasurehunting is vast and deep and every major brand is represented there.....you may think this is a cutting edge website, but it is lagging behind in more ways than not....thats just how it is.
 
That has happened to all of us at some point....what is the fear....are they coming after you now? Are the advertisements better if they dont know what your into? Have the wackos attacked you yet....who are "they" and what harm has come from anything you've mentioned? 2 billion people a month on Instagram and the biggest treasure hunting content on the internet and your worried about ads? Have you been hacked ? I feel the resistance and all that is fine....im not trying to sway anyone to quit this or join that, and all I know is this site is slowly sinking into the sunset. I love t-net too or i would not be here now. Please dont think im trying to be argumentative, im not trying to be ugly or nasty to anyone. All the worries you guys are bringing up are really quite petty....all your data has been collected for years, and will continue to be. Nothing besides my ad choice has been changed, and none of that ever harmed my way of life....im just not sure what all the worries are all about ?
I'm actually have to laugh at this Bart.
You just a short time ago stated that folks were tracking you through this site.
Detecting your turf.
Yet your claim to fame is the Instagram platform where not 200,000 views but 2 BILLION.
Sharing a recovery is one thing, some do for different reasons.
Mine and yours are at different ends of the spectrum.
You're seeking the limelight and I have really nearly zero interest in seeking that side.

That's OK, no problem, though my short experience with that platform wasn't my cup of tea.
It mined information out of other sources as I didn't have the information or picture. Nobody is on Instagram-yet there it was asking if I might like these folks.
I have never mentioned my niece in any way via any platform.
The picture was only in a private server that my wife's sister had photo stored. She's on other sharing platforms, but not Instagram.
Now that proves the mining of information is shared.
It's understandable that you don't have any problems with your exposure, more the better as it ups your chances of being known.
Yet one has to wonder gee 🤔 I wonder how someone else could have found your sandbar.
Yes you have to work harder and smarter.
I have little worry of that occurring in my life.

That's where we're different, and that's why opposites sometimes attract.
 
It's not fear (why would anyone fear an advertisement), it's about uninvited intrusions. It's not OK that I have dozens of unwanted advertisements in my browser or my in box, just like it would not be OK to have two dozen different pieces of junk mail in my physical mailbox every day. It's not OK that server storage and internet bandwidth get wasted on things I never asked for -- or in many cases, specifically asked NOT to receive. It's not OK that the majority of the phone calls I get these days are robo calls that don't even bother to speak when I answer the phone.

To give an offline example, suppose I drove by a car lot and see a nice car. I pull in and give it a look, just out of curiosity. It would definitely NOT be OK if that car lot grabbed my plate number and from there contacted every car dealer within fifty miles and said that I was looking at cars, and I seemed to spend the most time looking at bright green ones with mag wheels and eyelashes on the headlights -- and then I started getting mail and phone calls from car dealers and auto accessory places. Maybe I was in the market, or maybe I just thought the green VW with the eyelashes was so bizarre that I had to stop and look for a minute. In either case, I did not ask for anyone to start chasing me with ads, or sharing my contact info.

Yet this is exactly the scenario that happens with your browser and sites you visit, every single day. It wastes resources, it wastes bandwidth, and most importantly, it wastes time. Instead of asking "what's the harm", maybe ask "what's the benefit"?
You cant escape this....it is how life is....t-net does not protect you from that. These concerns you have dont bother me in the least....its been going on so long now ive learned to ignore it and scroll by....it doesn't worry me in the least bit. Im not here to get anyone upset....bless you Robert that is your choice, and I respect that....no big deal brother. Some of us choose differently....thats all !! I enjoy all the social media I participate in, and also have the free will to choose what I like. It still doesn't change the fact that old style sites like this are fading, and the more modern platforms are booming.....I would never be bribed into a 25 dollar fee to voice my political opinions either. That to me is even more restricted than most platforms....but again thats my opinion not everyones.....im here for treasure not politics.
 
Well I can hack,....I learned from a direct TV card hacker, he was a code writer. I can set my IP address anywhere I want...Ireland, Russia... I don't really have any problems. I could create problems, viruses etc but I don't. That's my story and I'm sticking to it ! :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
I can hack if I want or needed to, learned from one of the best code writers out there, he could do things .... make servers turn to mush! I don't crash/virus anyone unless they piss me or my friends off.

I would love to treasure hunt, ship wreaks and such, but I have a couple custom log homes to build.. and that will keep me busy. My area is set up for gold prospecting and I have a few claims. Social media ? I don't have any problems.. Sure I'm out there but no one from T-net knows me.... guess I could say hey.... :icon_scratch::dontknow::laughing7::laughing7:
 
Last edited:
View attachment 2224397

You see....the biggest contributors, and the most reactions, are just the folks here on RCT.....every good morning, and every random chat gets likes from the crew.....that is why the only people up there are RCT people. I stopped saying good morning, and liking every post here because its not really about the likes, banners, and random chats....its about treasure hunting for me. I've put more attention here at t-net on treasure related content and not the Facebook style blogging about everything in my life. Its nice to see everyone's pictures, and its great getting to know everyone's routine.....but I'd rather see the treasure related content and thats what I like here. No big deal....I still come here to see what's going on with the RCT people and thats fine too. But there is a whole treasurehunti g world out there and much of it is being missed by treasurenet. The world has passed by and left us stragglers here to limp this site along....it will have to adapt, or lose its crowd to other sites that are crammed with more features. I choose to do both and enjoy both, and have had no troubles from "THEY" !! Whomever these horrible internet people are, they have not hacked me, they haven't stalked me, they haven't got my account info, and im still just fine after years of using both social media platforms.....yes t-net is also a form of social media. I guess im a real idiot for using Instagram in some people's eyes, and thats ok too !! Ill continue to interact here and on some other social media platforms.....because all of these concerns about Instagram have not harmed me even in the least bit.....infact its been a blessing and helped me in many more ways than I can count.....including but not limited to....making a bunch of money. Either way its a personal choice, and you are all entitled to that. What I will say is there is an enormous and wonderful treasurehunting community on Instagram. The content related to treasurehunting is vast and deep and every major brand is represented there.....you may think this is a cutting edge website, but it is lagging behind in more ways than not....thats just how it is.
I don't anyone has eluded to you being an idiot.
You're defending another platform and your experience, that's OK.
Your nailing a nail in this platform's coffin and that's OK.
We see the world different and that's OK.

I have a choice of the light switch of exposure, and I have no problem switching the light off. (Done it with another forum because of being hacked)

I left this forum for a couple of years but returned.

I rarely look at any detecting videos especially ones that have make over sound of some shit music (the maker's choice and its their content).

Yes it's all about choices in this world. Viewing recoveries or posting recoveries.

Some post to just to share with little care of needing a million pats.
Then there are others that have that need.
That is the need of many and if they don't get it they go play in another sandbox.
Some enjoy the pats, and give pats to a small group as it fills the need.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom