What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I'm actually have to laugh at this Bart.
You just a short time ago stated that folks were tracking you through this site.
Detecting your turf.
Yet your claim to fame is the Instagram platform where not 200,000 views but 2 BILLION.
Sharing a recovery is one thing, some do for different reasons.
Mine and yours are at different ends of the spectrum.
You're seeking the limelight and I have really nearly zero interest in seeking that side.

That's OK, no problem, though my short experience with that platform wasn't my cup of tea.
It mined information out of other sources as I didn't have the information or picture. Nobody is on Instagram-yet there it was asking if I might like these folks.
I have never mentioned my niece in any way via any platform.
The picture was only in a private server that my wife's sister had photo stored. She's on other sharing platforms, but not Instagram.
Now that proves the mining of information is shared.
It's understandable that you don't have any problems with your exposure, more the better as it ups your chances of being known.
Yet one has to wonder gee 🤔 I wonder how someone else could have found your sandbar.
Yes you have to work harder and smarter.
I have little worry of that occurring in my life.

That's where we're different, and that's why opposites sometimes attract.
Glad you brought that up....the only problem i ever had was here....I won't say the names, but its a big reason I stopped all posts here about my life....I directly tracked 2 people to this thread RCT....and I dont mind people coming to my spots and detecting....they still have to do the work to succeed. There were 2 people who stalked me directly related to this thread....its why I backed way off. As for fame....you misunderstand me.....ive accomplished my goal here and that was to get involved in a professional treasure hunting operation underwater....I joined in 2016, and have been involved with a company thats totally permitted by the state....ive mentioned it here many times....ASAP American shoal archeological project. Since then im on to the Bahamas in a permitted search with active lease boxes.....so treasunet has served me well in making the connections i need to pursue a career in underwater salvage. Now if coyote Peterson, or some other big media guys want to pay me to treasurehunt then I will go the media route....I would love to make my living treasurehunting....if fame is part of that ill deal with it when it happens...if it happens. I think your not really understanding that someone you know has posted a picture to Instagram that you are unaware of....there are probably pics of yourself on there that someone has posted of you that you know nothing about....this happens. Anyway im on Instagram and im on here....so sue me !! I get it pepper....do what you do and ill do what I do....so sorry to ruffle the feathers here on RCT....the people who crashed my spots from t-net got there info here because it was the only place they could get it....
 
During Covid I needed to contact a prior customer of mine.
He was on Instagram.
Ok needed to set up an account.
I used a fake name.
Got ahold of the guy.
Then we just texted from there.
A week later I got notices for a neighbor (which I don't have any info as a phone number.)
A niece that I haven't seen in 20 years and have zero information on her.

Then my wife's sister's picture with their decreased mother.WTF!
We don't even have that picture.
Yet there it was, nobody knows how it got out there.

So Bart you claim it doesn't do this or that.
I deleted the account, and I will never go on it again.
Sounds like FB
 
It's not fear (why would anyone fear an advertisement), it's about uninvited intrusions. It's not OK that I have dozens of unwanted advertisements in my browser or my in box, just like it would not be OK to have two dozen different pieces of junk mail in my physical mailbox every day. It's not OK that server storage and internet bandwidth get wasted on things I never asked for -- or in many cases, specifically asked NOT to receive. It's not OK that the majority of the phone calls I get these days are robo calls that don't even bother to speak when I answer the phone.

To give an offline example, suppose I drove by a car lot and see a nice car. I pull in and give it a look, just out of curiosity. It would definitely NOT be OK if that car lot grabbed my plate number and from there contacted every car dealer within fifty miles and said that I was looking at cars, and I seemed to spend the most time looking at bright green ones with mag wheels and eyelashes on the headlights -- and then I started getting mail and phone calls from car dealers and auto accessory places. Maybe I was in the market, or maybe I just thought the green VW with the eyelashes was so bizarre that I had to stop and look for a minute. In either case, I did not ask for anyone to start chasing me with ads, or sharing my contact info.

Yet this is exactly the scenario that happens with your browser and sites you visit, every single day. It wastes resources, it wastes bandwidth, and most importantly, it wastes time. Instead of asking "what's the harm", maybe ask "what's the benefit"?
We all have this...and it sounds like you still are dealing with it even though you only participate here....its part of life in 2025....im sorry you get robocalls ...I do to...it doesn't bother me much...its a part of the modern world....t-net cant save you from data mining and robocalls....this will happen no matter your circumstances....everyone deals with this.
 
Well I can hack,....I learned from a direct TV card hacker, he was a code writer. I can set my IP address anywhere I want...Ireland, Russia... I don't really have any problems. I could create problems, viruses etc but I don't. That's my story and I'm sticking to it ! :laughing7: :laughing7:
I use a VPN and have for years. It restricted some sites, viewing, even street view on Google Earth.
Chrome is used in so many platforms of what we do.
I have tried using different browsers because my IMac is 2013.
Can't do many things because the support of Chrome 12.0 isn't there.
Firefox, Duck, or even Chrome isn't happening.
I can't view pictures even on the 2 detecting sites most of the time.
Getting old, and it isn't functioning well for the simple basic process of surfing the net.
 
It's not fear (why would anyone fear an advertisement), it's about uninvited intrusions. It's not OK that I have dozens of unwanted advertisements in my browser or my in box, just like it would not be OK to have two dozen different pieces of junk mail in my physical mailbox every day. It's not OK that server storage and internet bandwidth get wasted on things I never asked for -- or in many cases, specifically asked NOT to receive. It's not OK that the majority of the phone calls I get these days are robo calls that don't even bother to speak when I answer the phone.

To give an offline example, suppose I drove by a car lot and see a nice car. I pull in and give it a look, just out of curiosity. It would definitely NOT be OK if that car lot grabbed my plate number and from there contacted every car dealer within fifty miles and said that I was looking at cars, and I seemed to spend the most time looking at bright green ones with mag wheels and eyelashes on the headlights -- and then I started getting mail and phone calls from car dealers and auto accessory places. Maybe I was in the market, or maybe I just thought the green VW with the eyelashes was so bizarre that I had to stop and look for a minute. In either case, I did not ask for anyone to start chasing me with ads, or sharing my contact info.

Yet this is exactly the scenario that happens with your browser and sites you visit, every single day. It wastes resources, it wastes bandwidth, and most importantly, it wastes time. Instead of asking "what's the harm", maybe ask "what's the benefit"?
I’ve seen Siri turn on by itself and then turn off. I’ve turned my phone off and found it back on many of times.
 
Sounds like FB
The mining could very well have been through FB.
But myself nor the my relatives involved aren't on FB. Never have, and probably never will.
This is and a private club detecting site I go on.
Then again the sharing of information between TN and other companies is :dontknow:.

In the real world it's always interesting to have a good conversation with a flip phone person and a smart phone person.
 
We all have this...and it sounds like you still are dealing with it even though you only participate here....its part of life in 2025....im sorry you get robocalls ...I do to...it doesn't bother me much...its a part of the modern world....t-net cant save you from data mining and robocalls....this will happen no matter your circumstances....everyone deals with this.
Go into settings and set your calls to contacts only and all the others will go straight to voicemail. But be aware some scammers will still leave a message.
 
It's not fear (why would anyone fear an advertisement), it's about uninvited intrusions. It's not OK that I have dozens of unwanted advertisements in my browser or my in box, just like it would not be OK to have two dozen different pieces of junk mail in my physical mailbox every day. It's not OK that server storage and internet bandwidth get wasted on things I never asked for -- or in many cases, specifically asked NOT to receive. It's not OK that the majority of the phone calls I get these days are robo calls that don't even bother to speak when I answer the phone.

To give an offline example, suppose I drove by a car lot and see a nice car. I pull in and give it a look, just out of curiosity. It would definitely NOT be OK if that car lot grabbed my plate number and from there contacted every car dealer within fifty miles and said that I was looking at cars, and I seemed to spend the most time looking at bright green ones with mag wheels and eyelashes on the headlights -- and then I started getting mail and phone calls from car dealers and auto accessory places. Maybe I was in the market, or maybe I just thought the green VW with the eyelashes was so bizarre that I had to stop and look for a minute. In either case, I did not ask for anyone to start chasing me with ads, or sharing my contact info.

Yet this is exactly the scenario that happens with your browser and sites you visit, every single day. It wastes resources, it wastes bandwidth, and most importantly, it wastes time. Instead of asking "what's the harm", maybe ask "what's the benefit"?
Back in the day Robert those VW cars were called "Love Bugs"🤣
 
I've been thinking about the folks who tracked me here....and really im more amazed that only one person was really able to track me to my most important site....he actually came on here and bragged about it....he deserves a medal and he got one in the form of a 4 reale. At first I was mad about the rubbing of my nose in his victory....but slowly I turned to amazement, and respect.....he was the only one to complete the homework and track my info to the exact spot....we went on to exchange private messages, and honestly I have to give him credit.....he went farther than anyone and figured my spot out....to do this he had to search through countless pages on RCT, and he had to read alot of my posts to put it all together. He is also one of a few of us who have found cobbs on the 1733 fleet, 1715 fleet, and in the Bahamas. He had a flurry of posts for awhile, and then disappeared. So dang, I cannot belittle the dude for winning....he put in the time and research and was able to succeed where I saw many others failed.....I spilt the beans, and blame no one else but myself.....im surprised he was the only one to figure it all out....since then conditions have changed, and my spot is hidden again !! There were 2 more that tracked my gold jewelry spots from here, and they got some goods too....since then ive regained control of my 2 little spots and they realize they cant beat me to the spot very often....I keep the bottom very quiet at those spots to discourage competitors. So there were 3 people from this thread....if I were to write there names 🌶 and ARC would know immediately and remember there presence. The other one was a true ghost in the machine....very good hunter !
 
I’ve seen Siri turn on by itself and then turn off. I’ve turned my phone off and found it back on many of times.
I have a mechanic buddy that threw his phones away.
A real pain for the customer base-so sad too bad.
He used Siri for his phone needs.

Hi Siri 👋
(I won't be taking anything too serious around her)
It listens, but does it retain :dontknow:

He looked-the few in the room looked-now he has a phone again.😁

Phones were made at one time where the battery could be removed. (Eliminated pinging)
Now phones are made so they never shut off basically.
If the need for privacy/protection is a issue then a FARADAY bag/pouch/box is the answer.
 
I would never be bribed into a 25 dollar fee to voice my political opinions either.
I don't pay the charter fee to access politics. I pay the charter fee to support the site, because I know it costs time and money to run a site like this, and the $25 is not a big ask at all.

And just to be clear -- I don't have an issue with you using one site or another. You do your thing, I do mine, right? I just don't have an interest in most social media sites, and explained why. It wasn't meant as a dig at you or your choices. Sounds like you're having a blast, which is fantastic. And so am I. :icon_thumright:
 
Well pepper 🌶....ive been here through your absence, and when you returned, and I hope you know I love you....and I hope I didn't hurt feelings, or ruffle our relationship....its true we are different, and living out different periods of our life. Please dont be mad at me for disagreement.....because we do agree on more things than not. I watch everything on here, and dont miss much....I just choose to not to post as .much as I used to here for a number of reasons, but still adore my RCT friends !! I also enjoy all my Instagram friends too....both sites have benefited me tremendously!!
 
I don't pay the charter fee to access politics. I pay the charter fee to support the site, because I know it costs time and money to run a site like this, and the $25 is not a big ask at all.

And just to be clear -- I don't have an issue with you using one site or another. You do your thing, I do mine, right? I just don't have an interest in most social media sites, and explained why. It wasn't meant as a dig at you or your choices. Sounds like you're having a blast, which is fantastic. And so am I. :icon_thumright:
I agree Robert 👍 and likewise I meant no disrespect with any of my comments....always enjoy your contributions here....we can definitely carry on altogether. these things we talk of are not the important things in life like friends, family, and shared passions !! 🫡🤙
 
I have a mechanic buddy that threw his phones away.
A real pain for the customer base-so sad too bad.
He used Siri for his phone needs.

Hi Siri 👋
(I won't be taking anything too serious around her)
It listens, but does it retain :dontknow:

He looked-the few in the room looked-now he has a phone again.😁

Phones were made at one time where the battery could be removed. (Eliminated pinging)
Now phones are made so they never shut off basically.
If the need for privacy/protection is a issue then a FARADAY bag/pouch/box is the answer.
I have the Faraday cage bag !!
 
I've been thinking about the folks who tracked me here....and really im more amazed that only one person was really able to track me to my most important site....he actually came on here and bragged about it....he deserves a medal and he got one in the form of a 4 reale. At first I was mad about the rubbing of my nose in his victory....but slowly I turned to amazement, and respect.....he was the only one to complete the homework and track my info to the exact spot....we went on to exchange private messages, and honestly I have to give him credit.....he went farther than anyone and figured my spot out....to do this he had to search through countless pages on RCT, and he had to read alot of my posts to put it all together. He is also one of a few of us who have found cobbs on the 1733 fleet, 1715 fleet, and in the Bahamas. He had a flurry of posts for awhile, and then disappeared. So dang, I cannot belittle the dude for winning....he put in the time and research and was able to succeed where I saw many others failed.....I spilt the beans, and blame no one else but myself.....im surprised he was the only one to figure it all out....since then conditions have changed, and my spot is hidden again !! There were 2 more that tracked my gold jewelry spots from here, and they got some goods too....since then ive regained control of my 2 little spots and they realize they cant beat me to the spot very often....I keep the bottom very quiet at those spots to discourage competitors. So there were 3 people from this thread....if I were to write there names 🌶 and ARC would know immediately and remember there presence. The other one was a true ghost in the machine....very good hunter !
I really don't have any motivation or need to gleam.
I see a post of someone getting great recoveries from X public spot. 👏👏👏

Good on them-full ✋️.
Folks that gleam are just lazy sods that have zero.
I joined a detecting club back in 2008-10. Monthly meeting, finds table, I'd put my keeper of that day down.
Walk out the door with a win sometimes.

"Where did you find that?"
I would tell them.
Buddy would text me the next day with the results.
"There was 6 club vehicles parked there, all looking for a keeper" 🤣🤣🤣

Gleaming someone's site is like trying to make out with their GF or wife.
Like why do I want your leftovers?
 
I have a mechanic buddy that threw his phones away.
A real pain for the customer base-so sad too bad.
He used Siri for his phone needs.

Hi Siri 👋
(I won't be taking anything too serious around her)
It listens, but does it retain :dontknow:

He looked-the few in the room looked-now he has a phone again.😁

Phones were made at one time where the battery could be removed. (Eliminated pinging)
Now phones are made so they never shut off basically.
If the need for privacy/protection is a issue then a FARADAY bag/pouch/box is the answer.
You may remember me mentioning helicopter surveillance a couple years ago here on RCT ..... I had 2 friends....they committed a horrible double murder fueled by drugs. The scandal ran deep in the community, and when they were caught and convicted, they said anything they could about the people around them to get a lighter sentence. I was surveiled for 2 1/2 years !! The main source of surveillance on me was the phone !! You will absolutely know if your phone is being tracked !! All sorts of crazy shit will happen to it...my phone would turn on and off, my microphone would turn on and off....I started turning my phone off intentionally, and it would turn back on by itself....everytime !! it was a crazy time, and i learned alot about surveillance. I was as innocent as a church mouse, so I just went with it.....everybody knew what was happening....family, friends, and employers !! It was total chaos on a daily basis....the DEA spent countless dollars tracking me by air...every move I made !! in the end i was never implicated in anything and eventually I had a confrontation with the helicopter and crew....after that everything died off, and the helicopter never tracked me again....so i got a Faraday bag....just incase !!
 
Screenshot_20250909_083809_Samsung Internet.webp
Screenshot_20250909_084131_Samsung Internet.webp
Screenshot_20250909_084316_Samsung Internet.webp
Screenshot_20250909_084406_Samsung Internet.webp
Screenshot_20250909_084642_Samsung Internet.webp


Just remember that treasure net is like any other site....if you really read the terms....there isn't much difference between them and any other site....they own all of these posts, and could use them anywhere and anyway they want....thank God they haven't abused this power....as far as I know ? But they are allowed many of the same freedoms with your posts and info as the big social media giants !! No alarms here, nothing to be worried about, but they could do many things that would probably make some people mad....so far so good ...thank you t-net !!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Latest Discussions

    Back
    Top Bottom