What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

By posting 3-4 posts....a d with just a handful of likes from the rct crew.....im back up in the top member reactions again.....I was not on the list before I posted these last few times. You people were the only ones to put likes down !! It means s no o e is here except the few handfuls you see on the top reactions list, or top posters list. That is not a great amount of people who are actually interacting......if this site was busy it might take hundreds of posts to get the reaction count to be included in that group.....because there are so few people left here it o ly takes a few likes to be back as a top member reaction. Its a sad state of affairs these days for t-net😑
Most forums these days are shadows of their former selves. One I visit now n then in the UK if you looked at members online 2 yrs ago it was around 100 to 200 with 2000 guests. Now any typical day its 5 members and maybe 100 guests.
Same for detecting forums here in OZ, im not on them as they are too volatile and cliquey and I kept getting banned, abused and threatened but they are nearly done and dusted with little traffic. This I find the best, most friendly and open one I have been on. The UK one was great too but lots gone now, a ghost forum almost.
 
Most forums these days are shadows of their former selves. One I visit now n then in the UK if you looked at members online 2 yrs ago it was around 100 to 200 with 2000 guests. Now any typical day its 5 members and maybe 100 guests.
Same for detecting forums here in OZ, im not on them as they are too volatile and cliquey and I kept getting banned, abused and threatened but they are nearly done and dusted with little traffic. This I find the best, most friendly and open one I have been on. The UK one was great too but lots gone now, a ghost forum almost.
It really is no fault of any of us....it just the progression of things. Blog style posting sites are going the way of the dinosaurs....video posts, vlogs, live streaming, selling products, even chartering treasure hunts is the tip of the iceberg.....if you were to try and follow detectorists, and treasurehunters on Instagram you would never be able to keep up with them all.....there are millions on Instagram. It really is a different level of connecting. I often interact with Mel Fisher's crew and we always chat each day. I've had offers to dive 1715 fleet, met my new partner with permits in the Bahamas and have major adventures going on over there. I see hordes and caches from all over the world everyday, and have teamed up and collaborated with many different people from around the world. Not to mention all the media opportunities to do YouTube, and even TV. Many people who are at the top of there game are not even known here....they've never even herd of t-net, and are incredibly successful in the treasurehunting !! Its honestly funny to here all the fear mongering about social media here on t-net.....everybody who hasn't tried, sites the horror of Instagram and how terrible it is.....the reality is there are a bunch of old folks here who have decided (without even looking) that its to dangerous and scary to give it a try !! If you try to tell them its worthwhile to check it out....they retreat into there t-net shell, with all sorts of excuses like getting hacked, being spied on, data collection, and all sorts of absolutely stupid reasons to resist the moving fwd of technology and the web.....I follow all the old t-netters that switched to instagram....just watched a killer video of Carolina tom (a former t netter) getting a big silver from a dozer site.....his videos are funny, and he couldn't do them here without going through YouTube to post it here !! Believe it or not.....its way better experience than these old blog style sites.
 
Last edited:
Believe it or not.....its way better experience than these old blog style sites
I'm glad you're enjoying them, but it depends on the person. It's only better if you prefer that format. Personally, I dislike watching "vlog" style video posts. They're generally overly long and impossible to "skim" like you can skim a written post or article. And I like the fact that the posts here on TreasureNet don't constantly bombard me with "you may also like" references or clickbait ads. Maybe that makes me a dinosaur, but it's really just a difference in how I want to manage what I spend my time and attention on.
 
I'm glad you're enjoying them, but it depends on the person. It's only better if you prefer that format. Personally, I dislike watching "vlog" style video posts. They're generally overly long and impossible to "skim" like you can skim a written post or article. And I like the fact that the posts here on TreasureNet don't constantly bombard me with "you may also like" references or clickbait ads. Maybe that makes me a dinosaur, but it's really just a difference in how I want to manage what I spend my time and attention on.
An old prospecting forum went to begging always for donations to stay afloat.
 
I'm glad you're enjoying them, but it depends on the person. It's only better if you prefer that format. Personally, I dislike watching "vlog" style video posts. They're generally overly long and impossible to "skim" like you can skim a written post or article. And I like the fact that the posts here on TreasureNet don't constantly bombard me with "you may also like" references or clickbait ads. Maybe that makes me a dinosaur, but it's really just a difference in how I want to manage what I spend my time and attention on.
I dont think you actually have a grasp of how those site actually work ? You can manage anything on those sites that you can here and more you can actuallypost just like here if preferred....and of coarse you can skim through just like here !!....its ok though....I certainly wouldn't try to force anyone to look, and everyone is free to do what they like however they prefer. But this old site is lacking, and missing the bus now....I have no problem enjoying many sites....but it becomes apparent just how fast this site is fading.....I give 5 more before they just make a profile on Instagram.....if you didn't already know t-net is present on Facebook too. It won't be long but at this rate t-net will be gone in 5 years....just my prediction?
 
It really is no fault of any of us....it just the progression of things. Blog style posting sites are going the way of the dinosaurs....video posts, vlogs, live streaming, selling products, even chartering treasure hunts is the tip of the iceberg.....if you were to try and follow detectorists, and treasurehunters on Instagram you would never be able to keep up with them all.....there are millions on Instagram. It really is a different level of connecting. I often interact with Mel Fisher's crew and we always chat each day. I've had offers to dive 1715 fleet, met my new partner with permits in the Bahamas and have major adventures going on over there. I see hordes and caches from all over the world everyday, and have teamed up and collaborated with many different people from around the world. Not to mention all the media opportunities to do YouTube, and even TV. Many people who are at the top of there game are not even known here....they've never even herd of t-net, and are incredibly successful in the treasurehunting !! Its honestly funny to here all the fear mongering about social media here on t-net.....everybody who hasn't tried, sites the horror of Instagram and how terrible it is.....the reality is there are a bunch of old folks here who have decided (without even looking) that its to dangerous and scary to give it a try !! If you try to tell them its worthwhile to check it out....they retreat into there t-net shell, with all sorts of excuses like getting hacked, being spied on, data collection, and all sorts of absolutely stupid reasons to resist the moving fwd of technology and the web.....I follow all the old t-netters that switched to instagram....just watched a killer video of Carolina tom (a former t netter) getting a big silver from a dozer site.....his videos are funny, and he couldn't do them here without going through YouTube to post it here !! Believe it or not.....its way better experience than these old blog style sites.
During Covid I needed to contact a prior customer of mine.
He was on Instagram.
Ok needed to set up an account.
I used a fake name.
Got ahold of the guy.
Then we just texted from there.
A week later I got notices for a neighbor (which I don't have any info as a phone number.)
A niece that I haven't seen in 20 years and have zero information on her.

Then my wife's sister's picture with their decreased mother.WTF!
We don't even have that picture.
Yet there it was, nobody knows how it got out there.

So Bart you claim it doesn't do this or that.
I deleted the account, and I will never go on it again.
 
On a sad note.

Supertramp co-founder Rick Davies dead at 81​

Rick Davies was voice and pianist behind band's most iconic songs alongside partner Roger Hodgson
 
I had to install a newell post, what a bitch ! The transition was a complected ****** utill I figured it out. Out of the rain and foolin' around during lunch.

Best saw I have ever owned ! Always has a carbide or diamond tipped blade.

porter 1.webp



porter 2.webp
 
During Covid I needed to contact a prior customer of mine.
He was on Instagram.
Ok needed to set up an account.
I used a fake name.
Got ahold of the guy.
Then we just texted from there.
A week later I got notices for a neighbor (which I don't have any info as a phone number.)
A niece that I haven't seen in 20 years and have zero information on her.

Then my wife's sister's picture with their decreased mother.WTF!
We don't even have that picture.
Yet there it was, nobody knows how it got out there.

So Bart you claim it doesn't do this or that.
I deleted the account, and I will never go on it again.
Yup...thats fine....seems real scary !! That's your complaint ?? OK I understand!! Your not going on there ever again. I'll take my chance with the millions of others... sorry your so reluctant to change and scared of the algorithm. There is no harm in anything you mention....you just dislike it.
 
Mate the Gold monster 2000 is near release, just weeks away. Its new tech that incorporates Multi Frequency VLF super sensitive and Pulse Induction ground reading. Best of both worlds. It'll work where others fail. Im getting one for sure. Its I have been told going to be around $1700 US. Here they are burning us as per Minelabs MO and charging $3000. That aside I have seen awesome results from a tester here in OZ. Places normal VLFs give up the 2000 cruises in. Id seriously consider it if I was you. You'll leave the others in your wake.
Thanks !! I will definitely investigate. There might be a "last years model" version ?
 
My granddaughter, that shares an August 27 Birthday with me. She is being held by my my wife. I do not call her granny.... I was born at night but not last night! :laughing7:

baby.webp
 
During Covid I needed to contact a prior customer of mine.
He was on Instagram.
Ok needed to set up an account.
I used a fake name.
Got ahold of the guy.
Then we just texted from there.
A week later I got notices for a neighbor (which I don't have any info as a phone number.)
A niece that I haven't seen in 20 years and have zero information on her.

Then my wife's sister's picture with their decreased mother.WTF!
We don't even have that picture.
Yet there it was, nobody knows how it got out there.

So Bart you claim it doesn't do this or that.
I deleted the account, and I will never go on it again.
Use a VPN. I look at cars, gold, guitars anything... and then I get ads for everything I looked at. VPN... no way I'm invisible. A friend of mine hacked the direct TV cards... thousands of channels free. He taught me a lot about hacking, it is unbelievable what you can do !

A VPN (Virtual Private Network) creates a secure, encrypted connection over the internet, shielding your online activity from prying eyes and enhancing privacy. By routing your internet traffic through a remote server, a VPN hides your real IP address and encrypts your data, making it unreadable to unauthorized parties, which protects sensitive information and allows for anonymous browsing. You can find and compare the best VPN services to suit your needs, with costs varying by subscription plan and features, often involving monthly fees.
Encrypts your data:
A VPN scrambles your internet traffic into code, preventing others from seeing your online activities. Hides your IP address
It masks your real IP address, making it difficult for websites, advertisers, and even your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to track your online movements.
Provides a secure connection:
VPN technology is crucial for secure remote work, allowing employees to access company networks safely from anywhere.
Enhances online privacy: Protects your sensitive data, like payment information, and prevents others from seeing your browsing habits.
Safeguards your information when using unsecured public Wi-Fi hotspots.
Unblocks content:
Allows you to access geographically restricted content and services by routing your connection through servers in different countries.
Dodges ads and malware:
Some VPNs offer features that block annoying ads and protect against malware by filtering malicious websites.
Increases security on public networks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom