What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Nice picture too...Good luck sir..
I see your 306th Bomb Wing mentioned. SAC B-52's.
I was on the Jaycees airshow committee for a WWII B-29 B-26 training base in Kansas.
During WWII, they had the 40th Bomb Group B-29s training there. In 1995, we had a 50th reunion for 23 returning veterans from the base. I got to know several of them really well. Sadly, they are all gone now.
Thanks for your service!
 
20250914_123821.webp
20250914_123840.webp

My grandfather might have been one of the men you met there. Lieutenant colonel James A. Conway....im sure he was there!! I remember him going out there for it !!
@Mdpartner
 
I see your 306th Bomb Wing mentioned. SAC B-52's.
I was on the Jaycees airshow committee for a WWII B-29 B-26 training base in Kansas.
During WWII, they had the 40th Bomb Group B-29s training there. In 1995, we had a 50th reunion for 23 returning veterans from the base. I got to know several of them really well. Sadly, they are all gone now.
Thanks for your service!

I was lucky and I got to fly on B52s, got to see both B-17s and B-29s in airshows when I was young. My father was Airforce for 30 years, joined when it was Army Air Corp, he was a B-17 tailgunner during WWII flying out of England.
 
Well I need a mental therapy day.
September has thrown some big curveball at the 🌶.
So today I'll do a roadtrip to the gold coin permission.
Also a new permission I got back in April.
The field corner across from their operations was a school house on the early atlas maps.

They took it down decades ago and now its just a worked crop field.

So all the best for your Sunday adventures.

View attachment 2225114
Pep, is that a lagoon or bay ? Yes you told me I'm sure but..... :dontknow:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom