What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning!☕️ Our drought continues. The Army Corps of Engineers said the Mississippi River is getting very low. They said they will start drawing down the reservoirs upstream to put more water in the river. It will affect Mark Twain, Carlisle, Shelbyville and Wapapello. These lakes are usually not drawn down until Feb.
I was talking to parks yesterday and they said that we're 11 inches below normal.
The bigger lakes in the system are loosing a 1/2" a day, the Rideau river and tributaries are loosing a 1/4".
The forecast is a 70% chance of getting a 1/4" on Monday.
We've seen that many times and have got enough to knock the dust down.
 
OV I am also Insulin dependent . i am type 2 I have been a diabetic for probably 30 years. I take pills religisouly . I also coltrol my glucose reading by what I eat. Almost no breads .The last year or so my readings are under 130. Many time I see people with missing limbs. I always try and converse with them as to how it happend.I bet 80 to 90 percent it is because of diabetes :( So sad.
 

Sorry.
O.K. not sorry.
But you are showing three.

by J. R. R. Tolkien​

J. R. R. Tolkien
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
 
Last edited:
Mornin all.
Once it's real dry it wants to stay that way.

Felt rain in my bones yesterday. Wasn't supposed to rain here. ( And it didn't.)
It was about thirty miles away for the nearest rain later in the day.

Test sump to irrigate with where I hunt would be gone in a minute of pumping if it lasted that long.
Poor plot wants water. I shook a couple jugs out on it after tree seedling watering.

But deer are drinking out of the sump hole so I leave it's water alone.
Looking at the "drain" channel in the big swamp I'm below I didn't see water last time.
Usually deer have to wade to get near it.
There's other water. Just less than average trend.
3-4 years ago it got dry too. Maybe not this dry.

Silage being cut the other day. Potatoes coming off some fields with a huge dust cloud.
Some third cut hay a couple places.
Even a truck load of onions yesterday.
63 F. and calm this morning.
 
I was talking to parks yesterday and they said that we're 11 inches below normal.
The bigger lakes in the system are loosing a 1/2" a day, the Rideau river and tributaries are loosing a 1/4".
The forecast is a 70% chance of getting a 1/4" on Monday.
We've seen that many times and have got enough to knock the dust down.
Good time to find a point
 
Good time to find a point
Most of the systems are so controlled it's still like loosing a few inches in the bathtub.
Would almost have to be dry before one could see anything on the bottom.
 
I challenge anyone to listen to the entire song... be warned it's as irritating as....well ...very !


With an endorsement like that ... why would I click play?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom