What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

:coffee2: Good morning everyone, looks like a beautiful weekend is on tap. My wife has a craft show Saturday in Indian Harbor Beach so Saturday will be busy as I help her with set up and tear down. The beach has been nice lately, I may try some surf fishing too.
View attachment 2233419View attachment 2233420
Do you ever see anyone detecting out on the beach where you live?
 
Cool
So how deep are the nuggets?
Show us your digging tool
😄 Bits that small you could call it electronic panning.
The deepest out of those the darker bit was about 3 inches.
I use an Aussie brand Walco pick. They make them out of hardened spring steel.
The originals when they started back around 2000 were made out of car suspension springs they'd get from wreckers yards. They're tough picks, the best in my opinion. This one here is about 5 yrs old. The back parts edged as well as the front, that pulls them into the ground better. I give it a touch up now n then with an angle grinder.
IMG_20251105_140428043_HDR (1).webp
 
Do you ever see anyone detecting out on the beach where you live?
Yes, quite frequently. Some are set up pretty good. I'm just north of the Treasure Coast and a few Spanish coins have been found here over the years. There has been a lot of beach re-nourishment here recently and I would think that would be detrimental to detecting.
 
Is there any possible way of making more hours in a day. Seriously have a shortage of them this past while, and it seems that I will have less looking at the weekend.

Been trying to write this, print invoices, make ketchup, research, put a cheese order in with the maker. Plus a wound care package for my mechanic buddy that has a leg wound infection.

Auction pick up both days, having the car hauler will be needed for Saturday.
Roofing sheets, lumber, garden stuff, scrap, Aladdin heater that came with a new Turkey frier and another new stainless food warmer. (Didn't even know that) :dontknow:

Sunday a PM pick up in the city 40 grams of mixed gold and the sterling weight TBD.
Expensive night but still a 30% minimum profit.

I have been trying to do some painting my bay of the garage finally in between everything else. On that note pitter patter ol' boy.
 
😄 Bits that small you could call it electronic panning.
The deepest out of those the darker bit was about 3 inches.
I use an Aussie brand Walco pick. They make them out of hardened spring steel.
The originals when they started back around 2000 were made out of car suspension springs they'd get from wreckers yards. They're tough picks, the best in my opinion. This one here is about 5 yrs old. The back parts edged as well as the front, that pulls them into the ground better. I give it a touch up now n then with an angle grinder. View attachment 2233422
I got a smaller version of your digger and it works great.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom