What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

DSCN2861.webp


Thread 'Otter time' https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/otter-time.716312/
 

This was an attack here about a week ago. Took a bite out of his power board.
a75eed9868bb5859d7eb40eaa35e12f6.webp

8a7ec09182c0d86703e82b78acaf54ec.webp

Attacks have risen here over the last 2 yrs. Im no shark expert by a long shot, caught a few, have a tattoo of one but I reckon one thing that doesn't help here is shark cage diving where they use in place of chum now acoustics disturbance. They place underwater speakers near the cage and blast out of all things rock music. Apparently heavy metal attracts and aggravates them. (Cue OV 😄)
They then dangle a fish in the water for the people in the cage to watch get eaten and attacked. They attract them towards people and aggravate them then give them an appetizer fish. The cage diver crews will say they don't have a big brain and have a memory of a goldfish, they swim away and forget the entire ordeal. But what if they do remember that interaction, don't forget. Im not saying they are remembering everything vividly like we do in our way. Like that guy says, they may be more intelligent than they are given credit for. I believe they are way more intelligent than the cage dive operators say they are. I believe those interactions condition them instinct wise to see humans as an aggravation and an aggression trigger as well as at times the dinner gong. Abalone divers I know hate those dive cages and all say they have had increased encounters with aggressive sharks since they began in their areas. Im not saying all attacks can be attributed to them but I believe they have greatly contributed to many.
Imagine putting people in cages and attracting Tigers by calling them in then driving them crazy with aggression and a feed. Or doing the same with Grizzly bears, calling them in and making them go mad with acoustics whilst seeing people in a cage. People would be utterly outraged and be calling for it to be banned and rightfully so. Of course that would create killers.
But with sharks "oh they're dumb, they're in the water, its different". How is it different? It's doing the exact same thing to a highly dangerous apex predator like Tigers and Bears.
 
This was an attack here about a week ago. Took a bite out of his power board.
View attachment 2234849
View attachment 2234850
Attacks have risen here over the last 2 yrs. Im no shark expert by a long shot, caught a few, have a tattoo of one but I reckon one thing that doesn't help here is shark cage diving where they use in place of chum now acoustics disturbance. They place underwater speakers near the cage and blast out of all things rock music. Apparently heavy metal attracts and aggravates them. (Cue OV 😄)
They then dangle a fish in the water for the people in the cage to watch get eaten and attacked. They attract them towards people and aggravate them then give them an appetizer fish. The cage diver crews will say they don't have a big brain and have a memory of a goldfish, they swim away and forget the entire ordeal. But what if they do remember that interaction, don't forget. Im not saying they are remembering everything vividly like we do in our way. Like that guy says, they may be more intelligent than they are given credit for. I believe they are way more intelligent than the cage dive operators say they are. I believe those interactions condition them instinct wise to see humans as an aggravation and an aggression trigger as well as at times the dinner gong. Abalone divers I know hate those dive cages and all say they have had increased encounters with aggressive sharks since they began in their areas. Im not saying all attacks can be attributed to them but I believe they have greatly contributed to many.
Imagine putting people in cages and attracting Tigers by calling them in then driving them crazy with aggression and a feed. Or doing the same with Grizzly bears, calling them in and making them go mad with acoustics whilst seeing people in a cage. People would be utterly outraged and be calling for it to be banned and rightfully so. Of course that would create killers.
But with sharks "oh they're dumb, they're in the water, its different". How is it different? It's doing the exact same thing to a highly dangerous apex predator like Tigers and Bears.
I have learned long ago...
A majority of people are stupid. heh
 
I had a little pow-wow with the dam workers and they're pretty happy that I will take the old beams on the refit for the decking project.
I think i can manage it in one load with the car hauler looking at the average of what a 16"x10" beam weighs. 4 @ 26' long and 2 @ 12'. Free car ramp coming up for the spring
Screenshot 2025-11-24 at 1.08.19 PM.webp
 
I had a little pow-wow with the dam workers and they're pretty happy that I will take the old beams on the refit for the decking project.
I think i can manage it in one load with the car hauler looking at the average of what a 16"x10" beam weighs. 4 @ 26' long and 2 @ 12'. Free car ramp coming up for the spring
View attachment 2234845
$324,000 to over $400,000, for the 2024 911 Dakar. What the.....
 
I had a little pow-wow with the dam workers and they're pretty happy that I will take the old beams on the refit for the decking project.
I think i can manage it in one load with the car hauler looking at the average of what a 16"x10" beam weighs. 4 @ 26' long and 2 @ 12'. Free car ramp coming up for the spring
View attachment 2234845
26' long beams ? Yes !!! I have installed a few glue-lams that were 20 plus feet long. Equipment is the best bet !!!
 
26' long beams ? Yes !!! I have installed a few glue-lams that were 20 plus feet long. Equipment is the best bet !!!
20251119_135826.webp
20251119_135821.webp

I'm going to see if they can leave the railings attached. The crane is a 60 ton with a 138 ft reach.
He's said he would lift my firetruck over to the side yard for me.
I called a big tow truck company and they quoted me $500+ to move it 75 ft.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom