What's new

Ill probably get razed for this but does it seem like posts are mean lately?

....maybe he'll come back at some point.

I have been a member here under 3 or 4 different names for at least 12 years. Sometimes I would get bored and leave, others I POed about something. By the time I would come back I would have forgotten my name, password, or changed emails so I couldn't retrieve the old account.

He could very well be here now under a different name.
 
Bev, you make some good points as have others in this thread. I just stay away from from threads with topics that I know are going to have "fired-up" folks on both sides of the issues. Many times it seems like much ado about nothing, (why do people get so riled up about that digger show?). I love reading the stories about hunts and seeing the great finds. HH to all now go find those juice spots, get some roundness in the hole and find that civ!:laughing7:
 
Yeah, we have in the past. At times I'm guilty of all the wrongs I listed in my post. I hold nothing against you for past arguments, and truthfully I don't even remember what they were about.

I could probably argue with you about something today, and I'd be happy to hunt with you tomorrow. Life is too short to hold grudges.

Geez, could you guys just get a room!!!! :thumbsup:
 
Just by looking at some thread titles, I know it will be filled with heated controversy so I scroll on. I'm glad the good people outweigh the not so good. If I see a thread in the future going sideways I may pipe up and nicely point out that the comment might have been taken the wrong way. It might make people reread their posts and see if it's being misunderstood. It's worth a shot!
 
IMO I find this place to be pretty mild. Unlike other metal detecting forums where the friendly people hang out. There, even the mods and admins join in with the flame throwing. Mean spirited place. That said, The only problems I've ever had here are when people from that other place come here to harrass me or others they don't like. Even the mods there have come here to attack people. As if attacking them on their own forum wasn't enough.

Most interesting is watching a fire fight over there spread over here. The mods here jump on that putting out the fire, but they usually, don't deal with the underlying problem allowing the for future fire fights. Rather than applying insight which might lead to long term peace, they use a set of inflexible rules that act as blinders.

On thing i've noticed about all MD forums is a bit of "you aren't for real if you don't post pix of your finds." I don't post pix for a variety of reasons. So being called a Poser even though by the content of any advice I post anyone can see that, clearly, I speak from experience is something i could do without.
 
Didn't read it that way, thought your response was to frank so perhaps it would have made more sense for me to respond to his post..:)
I was being sarcastic with my last week comment...I was talking about Frankns post and the good ole days, way back when.
 
Last edited:
Typically, when you opt to take a position, or express an opinion, as you imply, you get an ugly and aggressive result...

Usually these are what I classify as 'Junk Yard Dogs' or those with the '1st Grader Schoolground Bullies'attitude...get off and stay off of this post...or my daddy will beat your daddy...or mine is bigger than yours...

A lot of posturing and strutting without the ability to be respectful to others.

Someone mentioned using the "Ignore" button...the problem with that is everyone but you can see their replies...

After a while you can predict what their tactics will be including standardized phraseology...almost as if they have a written instructional manual.

I usually have a good laugh....stops them in their tracks.
 
I'm partially in the rare book business and would say that more than half the dealers are borderline crazy.
Some of the "sane" ones joke with me about everyone in this business being crazy. All of us admit to our own insanity at times as well.

I'm also involved with the antiques and collectible circle and notice a lot of "different" kind of people in that community.

Well, in 25+ years I've been detecting, I would say there are some strange birds in that group!

I could be too young to be called eccentric but that's what I think I am.

Put 40,000+ treasure hunters on a forum and.............

BOOM BABY!!!!
 
Bev, when you see it please report it so a mod can address the issue, that way it is addressed before it gets out of hand.... If someone is insulted and responds back in kind, then we have 2 members to deal with where if it is reported right away then we only have one to deal with, we can warn them, after a couple warnings if they still insist on breaking the rules they can take a break from TN to see if that helps their desposition......
 
muddyhandz,

Yup that pretty much describes it......we're a pretty rebellious group to start with playing in the mud....go figure...lol

Regards + HH

Bill
 
I don't really see it, so either I don't post on the right forums, or I'm the culprit. :)
 
Bev, when you see it please report it so a mod can address the issue, that way it is addressed before it gets out of hand.... If someone is insulted and responds back in kind, then we have 2 members to deal with where if it is reported right away then we only have one to deal with, we can warn them, after a couple warnings if they still insist on breaking the rules they can take a break from TN to see if that helps their desposition......

Okay. No problem
 
Bev, when you see it please report it so a mod can address the issue, that way it is addressed before it gets out of hand.... If someone is insulted and responds back in kind, then we have 2 members to deal with where if it is reported right away then we only have one to deal with, we can warn them, after a couple warnings if they still insist on breaking the rules they can take a break from TN to see if that helps their desposition......

That's fine when it is handled. It's just frustrating to report someone and get mods sending you PM's that "they aren't technically violating the rules."
 
If someone says there are a lot of idiots in the world, it is not an insult, if they say TH your an idiot though it may be true it is still an insult...... An insult that is personal is a direct rule violation...., a general insult may just get deleted....If someone says there are a lot of idiots on this forum and I find it, I will delete the post and warn them to watch the posts, if they call someone an idiot direct or any other insult they they get a direct warning that can result in a time out if it continues.....

Some may not like being called old, even though "old" isnt an insult, it depends......Someone could call me a Liberal, even though I am not a liberal it is not an insult that violates the rules, but call me an idiot or stupid and it is.........
 
It must not have been an important post, because I can't even remember answering one of your posts. Sorry you don't like my images, but that is life. Have a good day Frank

View attachment 744902

No, no, it wasn't a volley we had. It was threads I was following. Early on.
This and some images I do like. Others are a bit odd and seem loud.
Sorry Frank, irritable was a bad choice of words and itself could be taken as loud. LOL
The good people here do stand out.
Thanx, Ray

Now TH, your shovling pirate is too cute, but irritable! Subtle but loud! Try watching the little guy for 10 seconds. Sort of like pop ups. LOL
 
Last edited:
If someone says there are a lot of idiots in the world, it is not an insult, if they say TH your an idiot though it may be true it is still an insult...... An insult that is personal is a direct rule violation...., a general insult may just get deleted....If someone says there are a lot of idiots on this forum and I find it, I will delete the post and warn them to watch the posts, if they call someone an idiot direct or any other insult they they get a direct warning that can result in a time out if it continues.....

Some may not like being called old, even though "old" isnt an insult, it depends......Someone could call me a Liberal, even though I am not a liberal it is not an insult that violates the rules, but call me an idiot or stupid and it is.........

With that avatar and the pimping for the NRA sticker on all your post, who could possibly mistake you for a liberal?
:laughing7:
 
That's fine when it is handled. It's just frustrating to report someone and get mods sending you PM's that "they aren't technically violating the rules."

This is what i was talking about when I said the mods step in, stop the immediate bloodshed, but don't really resolve anything. Human nature dictates that it will raise it's ugly head again.

Of course some issues are beyond their ability to resolve - long standing bad blood etc. So, in that case i can understand that all they can do is tell us take it someplace else.
 
Last edited:
If someone says there are a lot of idiots in the world, it is not an insult, if they say TH your an idiot though it may be true it is still an insult...... An insult that is personal is a direct rule violation...., a general insult may just get deleted....If someone says there are a lot of idiots on this forum and I find it, I will delete the post and warn them to watch the posts, if they call someone an idiot direct or any other insult they they get a direct warning that can result in a time out if it continues.....

Some may not like being called old, even though "old" isnt an insult, it depends......Someone could call me a Liberal, even though I am not a liberal it is not an insult that violates the rules, but call me an idiot or stupid and it is.........

I just reported one and now it is gone ...
 
If someone says there are a lot of idiots in the world, it is not an insult, if they say TH your an idiot though it may be true it is still an insult...... An insult that is personal is a direct rule violation...., a general insult may just get deleted....If someone says there are a lot of idiots on this forum and I find it, I will delete the post and warn them to watch the posts, if they call someone an idiot direct or any other insult they they get a direct warning that can result in a time out if it continues.....

Some may not like being called old, even though "old" isnt an insult, it depends......Someone could call me a Liberal, even though I am not a liberal it is not an insult that violates the rules, but call me an idiot or stupid and it is.........
What about PETA supporter TH?Thats about as low as t gets? :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom