What's new

Ill probably get razed for this but does it seem like posts are mean lately?

It's really hard for me to take anyone real serious on a forum even when I get a direct attack personally. I view forums as entertainment, and if I can help someone along the way... that's a good thing! I love to talk and even disagree on subjects, but at the same time I've learned a lot. I do like to joke and tease and view things on the lighter side.. and I have forgot to add a smiley face and needed to repost that it was a joke.
I may visit several different forums and not just TN. You will run into a few that likes to belittle you or call you a personal bad name.
I never report anyone, but I will have a nice talk with them to see if maybe what I said was taken the wrong way.

-Wayne
 
Geez, could you guys just get a room!!!! :thumbsup:
NF, Your post reminded me of an "incident". I was patroling on my Harley, in Milwaukee. I found a couple "doing it" on a remote parkway. I just told them to go to a motel. Shortly afterward, I found them doing it in their car.... in a motel parking lot. NOT quite what I meant, you two! TTC
 
I'm partially in the rare book business and would say that more than half the dealers are borderline crazy.
Some of the "sane" ones joke with me about everyone in this business being crazy. All of us admit to our own insanity at times as well.

I'm also involved with the antiques and collectible circle and notice a lot of "different" kind of people in that community.

Well, in 25+ years I've been detecting, I would say there are some strange birds in that group!

I could be too young to be called eccentric but that's what I think I am.

Put 40,000+ treasure hunters on a forum and.............

BOOM BABY!!!!
How do you know that it is not the crazy ones joking with you and you and them are the crazy ones ????? And the others are the sane ones ??????????
​ " BOOM BABY "
 
I just wish we had a list of members who report other members. That way we would know who not to deal with.
 
How do you know that it is not the crazy ones joking with you and you and them are the crazy ones ????? And the others are the sane ones ??????????
​ " BOOM BABY "
Thats crazy talking like that.
 
How do you know that it is not the crazy ones joking with you and you and them are the crazy ones ????? And the others are the sane ones ??????????
​ " BOOM BABY "


Oh, I know I'm crazy but these guys are nuts!:smileinbox:

Besides, they all have microchips implanted and I'm the only one who knows the truth.

Wait a minute, what's this pulsating lump in my arm?

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

:tard:
 
NF, Your post reminded me of an "incident". I was patroling on my Harley, in Milwaukee. I found a couple "doing it" on a remote parkway. I just told them to go to a motel. Shortly afterward, I found them doing it in their car.... in a motel parking lot. NOT quite what I meant, you two! TTC

Well, they did go to a motel!!! That's funny!!!

Years ago i was a helicopter pilot and our company had a contract pulling cedar trees out of a large swamp. The trees were piled on a soft sand deck until they could be trucked out. On Sundays, the only day we weren't pulling trees, someone was stealing the trees left overnight. So, we decided to patrol the area by helicopter. On almost every one of my shifts we flew over people doin it in the woods. Mostly in the back of pick up trucks. Most were embarrassed that a turbine powered helicopter could seemingly come out of nowhere and surprize them. The braver folks gave us the finger as we flew slowly overhead at Tree top level about 150 feet. I'd give them a thumbs up. We'd laugh and go on to the next sector. It was light duty compared to the dudgery of pulling trees for 10 hours every day.
 
Last edited:
Crazy? Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean "they" aren't really after you!
 
We're all adults here and just as in real life, not everyone gets along with everyone else. My intention is to post here and get along with everyone for the most part but on the same note I'm not going to bite my tongue [although I do] when I have something to to say that a few members may think is offensive. We are all treasure hunters and metal detectorists so we should all get along great with no conflicts? This forum would be quite a boring place without people voicing their opinions and having an occasional conflict. I think it's sad that some of you can't handle a little, and I do mean little clash with another poster over differences in opinion without crying out for a moderator to step in.
 
We're all adults here and just as in real life, not everyone gets along with everyone else. My intention is to post here and get along with everyone for the most part but on the same note I'm not going to bite my tongue [although I do] when I have something to to say that a few members may think is offensive. We are all treasure hunters and metal detectorists so we should all get along great with no conflicts? This forum would be quite a boring place without people voicing their opinions and having an occasional conflict. I think it's sad that some of you can't handle a little, and I do mean little clash with another poster over differences in opinion without crying out for a moderator to step in.

Certainly we can tolerate respectful differences, but when there is a personal attack that is in my opinion different.
Recently on another thread a person was informing others of the theft of the MD he and his autistic son used and the fact he saved for it and was out of a job.
As if this person did not have enough to handle he was then verbally attacked by another for using the word autistic in describing his son...Nasty stuffing my opinion ..We don't need those kind of comments ..
 
Certainly we can tolerate respectful differences, but when there is a personal attack that is in my opinion different.
Recently on another thread a person was informing others of the theft of the MD he and his autistic son used and the fact he saved for it and was out of a job.
As if this person did not have enough to handle he was then verbally attacked by another for using the word autistic in describing his son...Nasty stuffing my opinion ..We don't need those kind of comments ..

Correction..darn phone ..to say nasty stuff
 
Certainly we can tolerate respectful differences, but when there is a personal attack that is in my opinion different.
Recently on another thread a person was informing others of the theft of the MD he and his autistic son used and the fact he saved for it and was out of a job.
As if this person did not have enough to handle he was then verbally attacked by another for using the word autistic in describing his son...Nasty stuffing my opinion ..We don't need those kind of comments ..


You should really gain a little more experience before attacking those "attackers" Did you realize that this forum is hit by that EXACT scam almost every year. In the past the scammer has gotten multiple detectors sent to him/her. Learn to spot the con before you react to people stopping them.
 
Certainly we can tolerate respectful differences, but when there is a personal attack that is in my opinion different.
Recently on another thread a person was informing others of the theft of the MD he and his autistic son used and the fact he saved for it and was out of a job.
As if this person did not have enough to handle he was then verbally attacked by another for using the word autistic in describing his son...Nasty stuffing my opinion ..We don't need those kind of comments ..

Jason nailed it.

Although some of those posts may pull on your heartstrings which was their exact intent, some of the more Internet/forum savvy people see through those posts and let it be known.
 
Jason nailed it.

Although some of those posts may pull on your heartstrings which was their exact intent, some of the more Internet/forum savvy people see through those posts and let it be known.

Ok thanks...that makes sense although the guy that responded was angry that this person used the word autistic in describing his son rather than just using phrase his son.
Sounds to me as if this was a different issue and I still feel inappropriate .
What you describe may have been occurring as well .
 
Ok thanks...that makes sense although the guy that responded was angry that this person used the word autistic in describing his son rather than just using phrase his son.
Sounds to me as if this was a different issue and I still feel inappropriate .
What you describe may have been occurring as well .

Well, that was a red flag and I followed the thread right from the first post. Why should it matter that his son was autistic? Theft is theft. To me, that was the same as someone saying "so the other day I was talking to my black friend" or "my gay friend just told me that..." It may paint a picture but it's irrelevant to the story and in this case seemed to be input to pull heartstrings.

Anyway, all good.
 
Well, that was a red flag and I followed the thread right from the first post. Why should it matter that his son was autistic? Theft is theft. To me, that was the same as someone saying "so the other day I was talking to my black friend" or "my gay friend just told me that..." It may paint a picture but it's irrelevant to the story and in this case seemed to be input to pull heartstrings.

Anyway, all good.

Yes,
Its all good..
 
Well, that was a red flag and I followed the thread right from the first post. Why should it matter that his son was autistic? Theft is theft. To me, that was the same as someone saying "so the other day I was talking to my black friend" or "my gay friend just told me that..." It may paint a picture but it's irrelevant to the story and in this case seemed to be input to pull heartstrings.

Anyway, all good.

I do think that he was trying to make the point that his son had limitations as far as enjoyment because he was autistic and MD was something that he enjoyed .
 
I'm partially in the rare book business and would say that more than half the dealers are borderline crazy.
Some of the "sane" ones joke with me about everyone in this business being crazy. All of us admit to our own insanity at times as well.

I'm also involved with the antiques and collectible circle and notice a lot of "different" kind of people in that community.

Well, in 25+ years I've been detecting, I would say there are some strange birds in that group!

I could be too young to be called eccentric but that's what I think I am.

Put 40,000+ treasure hunters on a forum and.............

BOOM BABY!!!!
Crazy: adjective

1. full of cracks or flaws

2. Being out of the ordinary

3. distracted with desire or excitement

4. passionately preoccupied

5. one who goes to extemes

I guess most of us at times would fall under one or more of those definitions.
 
Bev,
Your post is touching on something larger than just T-net.
It's the internet. People who normally wouldn't be so bold as to say something to your face are now like a guy in a bar who just drank plenty of confidence.
Pencil neck geeks who were laughed at in school are now bullies on cyberspace.
Police departments are distributing their staff to monitor online bullying after a teenage girl committed suicide. The internet is a chaotic jungle and policing is now required.
Beautiful videos on U-tube will always have some disgusting comments left by some goof trying to get a rise out of people.
I'm not a fan of the term troll. This term is used loosely.
I remember when T-net had a political forum and the term was used on anyone who would disagree with the cliche. The cliche would often be an aggressive lot (usually right-wingers) who would bully any liberal types out of the discussion. The troll concept got to the point where members were accusing new members as being someone else who is going under a new user name.
I'm not saying trolls don't exist but the term is used often when there is someone who disagrees with another opinion. Just like those who disagree are called "Haters."
I think when talking about T-net that those who are mean or make insulting comments probably aren't that bad of a person in real life.
They may have a low self esteem or some sort of social dysfunction and when behind that computer screen, they become like that guy at the bar who just drank a bunch of beer and is now brave enough to talk to that woman or pick a fight with a guy twice his size.
If you think it's bad now just wait a few years. Currently, everyone walking around like zombies with their telecommunication devices stuck up their.......
It's only going to get worse the more we are "Plugged in."
Cheers,
Dave.

Bev,Dave's post pretty much sums it up for me about bravery and false bravado on the World Wide Web. I will say also that yes,there are cyber bullies on Treasurenet ,just as there are anywhere else on the net and though nothing has been aimed at me specifically,I have to walk on by when I see threads and posts that are inciting negativity and chalk it up to little boys being bored and stuck inside during the Winter and so they pick at each other.I was on an all ladies board several years ago and got vehemently picked on by a group of women(I hesitate to call them ladies)and was deeply upset by it and eventually got booted from the site for speaking my mind as the moderator ganged up on me as well,being very liberal in her ideas and I,the lone conservative. It was gang mentality,pure and simple.I guess what Im trying to say is that cowards often attack on boards because they sure as heck wouldn't say it to your face in real life most likely.I guess being on the short end of the stick has toughened me up but I know what you're saying and I agree.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom