What's new

Oak Island Treasure Revelations

I have now paid $2, 500 US to an American publisher.
Too late now, but you could have published via Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) and paid nothing at all. It's a worldwide publish-on-demand (POD) service with no up-front cost, they handle the orders and shipping, and and you simply get a royalty payment every month. They can do paperback, hardback, and ebook; B&W or color. At 634 pages my book was too large for their hardback service so for that I also publish through IngramSpark, another POD with no fees. Their royalty rate isn't quite as good as KDP but they are also a catalog house for booksellers so KDP gets my book on Amazon and IngramSpark makes it available in bookstores.
 
Oak Island Sage, sorry, you can not continue to use Treasurenet just to promote your book. You are constantly telling members to buy/read your book, it is self promotion.

You can talk all you want about OI but you cant continue to promote your book.

There is one option. If you were a charter member ($20 a year) you could sell your book from our website, but if it is sold trough a website like your own website or Amazon, then you have to be a supporting vendor and that cost may be more than you want to spend.
 
There is some evidence to apply to the cribbing/no cribbing argument.

In season 6? Rick and Marty dug a 40' deep trench in an attempt to find a flood tunnel. They put a camera on the excavator bucket to look around.

1. You can OBSERVE the fact that the surface DOES crumble away and trickle into the.hole.

2. You can OBSERVE that the trench DID NOT immediately collapse.
A correction here.
This is actually in season 7, episode 17, "To Boulderly Go".
Sorry if my confusion caused any inconvenience.
 
Usually it is the responsibility of the person asserting claims to provide proof (or at least evidence) of those claims. So what proof do you have that the MP was a sand sump? What proof do you have that there were multiple log platforms cut into niches*? What proof do you have that Kidd signed the map, or that the map is even old enough for Kidd to have signed it?

Conversely, what evidence would you consider sufficient to "prove" your assertions wrong? If a known historical expert on Kidd says the map signature is highly unlikely, is that enough? It is otherwise almost impossible to "prove" your assertions wrong (like proving unicorns don't exist), the best we can do is apply likelihoods to them. So your "bet" is probably safe, especially if it requires "proving" all 3 assertions to be wrong.
------------------------------------------
*The log platforms is one of those elements of the legend that has been inconsistent over the years. Which version is true?
  • The boys discovered some logs at 10 feet
  • The boys discovered a log platform at 10 feet
  • The boys discovered log platforms every 10 feet
  • The boys discovered oak plank platforms every 10 feet
  • The boys discovered a log platform at 10 feet, then cuts in the wall of the pit every 10 feet beyond.
  • The boys discovered a log platform at 10 feet, then charcoal/clay/coir every 10 feet beyond.
Anyone who wishes to claim any one of these is true, I'd like to see the "proof."
Hi Carl- NC
We seem to have reached and impasse, shall we then agree to disagree.
 
With regards to my questions, i am not asking that you prove your theory but rather see myself as a fact checker trying to understand HOW you verified your theory is plausible.

According to my research and calculations it seems you have overlooked many factors that seem to be very important in building a strong, easy to defend theory.
Hi chalkoutline, in answer to your question how I formulated my various theories. I applied logic and probability to old official recorded discoveries that I am personally content were accurate. If you are not prepared to do that yourself then I wish you luck, I can't help you.

Oak Island Sage
 
Oak Island Sage, sorry, you can not continue to use Treasurenet just to promote your book. You are constantly telling members to read your book, it is self promotion.

You can talk all you want about OI but you cant continue to promote your book.

There is one option. If you were a charter member ($20 a year) you could sell your book from our website, but if it is sold trough a website like your own website or Amazon, then you have to be a supporting vendor and that cost may be more than you want to spend.
Hi, I apologise if I have inadvertently broke the rules in any way. I sincerely thought that if I did not specify the cost or that my book was available through Amazon it was ok to occasionally promote my book, I can assure you that I won't do that again.
As a matter of interest what is the cost of being a supporting member? and if I pay that am I allowed to both sell my book on your own website and promote it on this forum please?
Oak Island Sage
 
Hi, I apologise if I have inadvertently broke the rules in any way. I sincerely thought that if I did not specify the cost or that my book was available through Amazon it was ok to occasionally promote my book, I can assure you that I won't do that again.
As a matter of interest what is the cost of being a supporting member? and if I pay that am I allowed to both sell my book on your own website and promote it on this forum please?
Oak Island Sage
So why not spend $20 and become a charter member then you can continue to do what you have set out to do is to flog a book about OI.
Seriously I'm starting to believe one thing, that you want all the rewards of sales and $20 is preventing that from happening.

(So much easier to just flog it in a post then apologizing for doing so-words are cheaper)

It's kind of like reading "SO MANY"posts about folks digging a hole, but they just can't reach that "I KNOW" treasure of tons of gold, because it's just a few feet more. This why they reach out for help-and they need this or that.
Bottom line of most if not all these posts have one objective, is to line the cotton pouch, better known as a pocket.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ARC
So why not spend $20 and become a charter member then you can continue to do what you have set out to do is to flog a book about OI.
Seriously I'm starting to believe one thing, that you want all the rewards of sales and $20 is preventing that from happening.

(So much easier to just flog it in a post then apologizing for doing so-words are cheaper)

It's kind of like reading "SO MANY"posts about folks digging a hole, but they just can't reach that "I KNOW" treasure of tons of gold, because it's just a few feet more. This why they reach out for help-and they need this or that.
Bottom line of most if not all these posts have one objective, is to line the cotton pouch, better known as a pocket.
Hi pepperj, I am new to this $20 requirement stuff and then becoming a charter member but I am working on it now.

As for wanting to fill my cotton pocket I have made it very clear to the present treasure seekers that I want no part of any recovered treasure, only a fair payment for my help. My motive for writing a book was not mercenary, I wanted to tell as many people as I can what I believe was the truth.
I have spent almost $,3000 to get the book published in the USA, how many books will I have to sell to cover that investment, first time writers only get a small percentage, no I'm not doing it for the money.

Oak Island Sage
 
Hi, I apologise if I have inadvertently broke the rules in any way. I sincerely thought that if I did not specify the cost or that my book was available through Amazon it was ok to occasionally promote my book, I can assure you that I won't do that again.
As a matter of interest what is the cost of being a supporting member? and if I pay that am I allowed to both sell my book on your own website and promote it on this forum please?
Oak Island Sage
Cost of Charter Membership is $20.00 a year and yes, as CM you could sell from here, but not by sending them to Amazon website. If you sell it through here on our website that would be allowed.

If you sell through an online commericial website, or a private website is when you have to be a supporting vendor and cost goes up.
 
Hi pepperj, I am new to this $20 requirement stuff and then becoming a charter member but I am working on it now.

As for wanting to fill my cotton pocket I have made it very clear to the present treasure seekers that I want no part of any recovered treasure, only a fair payment for my help. My motive for writing a book was not mercenary, I wanted to tell as many people as I can what I believe was the truth.
I have spent almost $,3000 to get the book published in the USA, how many books will I have to sell to cover that investment, first time writers only get a small percentage, no I'm not doing it for the money.

Oak Island Sage
It takes only a few minutes of buying a charter membership. It's a secure payment system works like any other online site for purchasing.
It give's you the peace of mind that you're complying with the sites requirements of selling directly from this site.

I've met and know a few authors of historical books and it seems that it's a passion for history over the monetary gains.
Best of luck on the sales and recouping some of the expenses.
 
Hi pepperj, I am new to this $20 requirement stuff and then becoming a charter member but I am working on it now.

As for wanting to fill my cotton pocket I have made it very clear to the present treasure seekers that I want no part of any recovered treasure, only a fair payment for my help. My motive for writing a book was not mercenary, I wanted to tell as many people as I can what I believe was the truth.
I have spent almost $,3000 to get the book published in the USA, how many books will I have to sell to cover that investment, first time writers only get a small percentage, no I'm not doing it for the money.

Oak Island Sage

Or you could just research the forum rules you agreed to.

Let's see how would you put it? Ahh.
" If you are not prepared to do that yourself then I wish you luck, I can't help you."
 
I applied logic and probability to old official recorded discoveries that I am personally content were accurate.
OI Sage,
We can certainly agree to disagree.
If and when you find a source that definitively confirms one can dig a vertical shaft 100ft without cribbing, please post it so I can add it to my efforts and most likely become a MP believer again.
-CO
 
Cost of Charter Membership is $20.00 a year and yes, as CM you could sell from here, but not by sending them to Amazon website. If you sell it through here on our website that would be allowed.

If you sell through an online commericial website, or a private website is when you have to be a supporting vendor and cost goes up.
Is it not possible for you to sell copies of my book and Amazon at the same time, I am already tied to them in a contract.

Oak Island Sage
 
Or you could just research the forum rules you agreed to.

Let's see how would you put it? Ahh.
" If you are not prepared to do that yourself then I wish you luck, I can't help you."
Hi releventchair,
Lets see how can I put it, I know I'll quote the English writer Alexander Pope, "To err is human to forgive divine".
Oak Island sage
Too late now, but you could have published via Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) and paid nothing at all. It's a worldwide publish-on-demand (POD) service with no up-front cost, they handle the orders and shipping, and and you simply get a royalty payment every month. They can do paperback, hardback, and ebook; B&W or color. At 634 pages my book was too large for their hardback service so for that I also publish through IngramSpark, another POD with no fees. Their royalty rate isn't quite as good as KDP but they are also a catalog house for booksellers so KDP gets my book on Amazon and IngramSpark makes it available in bookstores.
 
Is it not possible for you to sell copies of my book and Amazon at the same time, I am already tied to them in a contract.

Oak Island Sage
You can sell from Amazon, you just can't advertise or sell from Amazon here on our website unless you are a paying supporting vendor.

We want sell your book, you do that, Charter Membership gives you the right to sell from our website by posting a sale thread in our classified section advertising, promoting and offer book for sale, but any book sold through forum can not include link to Amazon unless yiu are a Supporting Vendor.
 
Hi, I apologise if I have inadvertently broke the rules in any way. I sincerely thought that if I did not specify the cost or that my book was available through Amazon it was ok to occasionally promote my book, I can assure you that I won't do that again.
As a matter of interest what is the cost of being a supporting member? and if I pay that am I allowed to both sell my book on your own website and promote it on this forum please?
Oak Island Sage
LOL @ this post plugging his book on Amazon in his defense :)
 
Cost of Charter Membership is $20.00 a year and yes, as CM you could sell from here, but not by sending them to Amazon website. If you sell it through here on our website that would be allowed.

If you sell through an online commericial website, or a private website is when you have to be a supporting vendor and cost goes up.

So he needs to stop selling on Amazon to sell here as only CM ?
 
Hi releventchair,
Lets see how can I put it, I know I'll quote the English writer Alexander Pope, "To err is human to forgive divine".
Oak Island Sage

With regards to my questions, i am not asking that you prove your theory but rather see myself as a fact checker trying to understand HOW you verified your theory is plausible.

According to my research and calculations it seems you have overlooked many factors that seem to be very important in building a strong, easy to defend theory.
Hi chalkoutline, sometimes you can over think something and get what Marty Lagina calls a analysis paralysis. How they dug the Money Pit is not as important as why they went to the bother of constructing an empty shaft about 180ft down , and it never contained stored treasure, now that's a real challenge.
Oak Island Sage
 
How much would a treasure have to be worth for the handling costs to include 180 foot burial, retrieval digging, ocean crossing travel x2, and whatever else was involved?


Pick a time in history when this supposedly occurred and explain what world riches could have possibly been involved.


Not that I'm skeptical or anything.
 
Hi chalkoutline, sometimes you can over think something and get what Marty Lagina calls a analysis paralysis. How they dug the Money Pit is not as important as why they went to the bother of constructing an empty shaft about 180ft down , and it never contained stored treasure, now that's a real challenge.
Oak Island Sage
You made me laugh with than one
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom