What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Here's a man cave for the crew. Off for another picking of wild black raspberries shortly.

 
Last edited:
Bill...be careful and don't fall down like pepper !
 
Maybe...just maybe....one day I might have a chance to enjoy the island of Cuba !! I wish them the best in there fight for freedom....God bless the cuban people.....I admire them because they find so much joy and happiness with almost nothing of material supplies. I hope to one day swing a detector in Cuba, and enjoy a great vacation there !! Such incredible history there !!
 
Maybe...just maybe....one day I might have a chance to enjoy the island of Cuba !! I wish them the best in there fight for freedom....God bless the cuban people.....I admire them because they find so much joy and happiness with almost nothing of material supplies. I hope to one day swing a detector in Cuba, and enjoy a great vacation there !! Such incredible history there !!

Careful...that was the 1715s last stop:tongue3:
 
Bart,

Luckily I'm quite nimble on my feet and rarely fall down. I picked a lot of wild berries when I was a kid to make some extra money at the farmer's market.



QUOTE=Blak bart;6783183]Bill...be careful and don't fall down like pepper ![/QUOTE]
 
Most of the Cubans I knew or know were wonderful people...
Tampa used to be the main port from Cuba, and the cigar trade in Ybor City is still on going...

Music and food are great...
 
Here's a man cave for the crew. Off for another picking of wild black raspberries shortly.



So... i have to wonder...

He built the house... but who owns it ? ? ?

Did he purchase the land in other words.
 
ARC,

The cave house was abandoned and he renovated back in his single days. It probably dates back many hundreds of years.

When he got married his family outgrew the house and I assume he either sold it or rented it out.
 
Bill...be careful and don't fall down like pepper !

Oooo, Me! , Me!

Tree branch on roof project. Been about a year sitting up there.
I went to the shed and found my coffee can with braided nylon rope and retrieving magnet.
No , magnet won't work on tree branch.
So I crutch to wheelchair ramp and step in flower bed to set can down where I can work on it with a chair. The super knot job removing magnet and shaping a hook device ect.. (I hate anything planted near house. So , crap planted all over near house.)
I turn to leave and bi-focals blur ground ,. No problem , just keep truckin and trip on metal stakes defending line of stone border guarding $@#&! flowers from garden hose when dragged.
I was committed to motion. Downward with a diving wounded jet sound. Pivoted left as my leg was hung on stakes ,crashed on left palm,wrist first which didn't slow things much and left crutch hit next with it's tip behind us , making it what the side of my knee landed on.

Laid there a while this time.

Then , made an opposed hooks on ends V shape out of the coat hanger wire I acquired specifically for this project weeks ago to replace magnet. (And yes , if you suspect I am on a coathanger restriction / watch around this houses closets , I am.) Wire tied (zip stripped) a nylon dog bone to rear of V.
Experimented with tie point and slop made the V wobble/slip.
So I threw a snug bowline on it. With no half hitches to secure it. This was a mistake .

First toss missed the roof point of target on the side , just arcing over the lower corner. But , I missed the window too! So that's good.
Next toss was short a foot.
Next toss was , Wow ; just right!
Eased the hooks along with tension steady while drawing rope , dragging the hooks over the limb and the downward hook grabbed ahold.
Then put some real tension on to pull the limb down the shingled slope a ways until , my knot slipped out/off.
Being a former boy scout , and always putting in more half hitches and reversing them in numbers and snugging them up like I'm angry enough to make someone think I don't trust my knots ...I was annoyed to say the least.

So...I went and got the ladder. And a rake.
For those readers who have not watched a one legged guy climb a ladder footed in soft sand in a flower bed , eyeing the yucca plant (pronounced Yuck-A for a reason) that would be the most likely target the ladder would tip over onto , with a rake involved as a bonus ...There is reason he put off the branch removal "project". As any project involving anything over 6 foot above the ground is assured to be an opportunity to sell tickets that just gets wasted around here.

Branch is off the roof.
A piece of bark is still up there. Safe from me for now.
Body disappointed with the whole matter. But not enough to excuse another project.
 
Last edited:
Pain and no gain
Thought I would check the blackberry patch on the rock slope leading to the dock.
Been there done that, so the saying goes.
I was getting berries left and right until......
I touched a 250lb Boulder and it flipped-I flipped backwards fell 6-8 straight down landing backwards over a wedged shaped rock.
I layed there for a bit, blued the air a tad.
Assessed the hurts, arm, shin, oh that's a relief I didn't break the back.
Ok now let's get rolled over and get up....damn I spilt the berries.

Well that's it for that patch, too old for that $hit.
Went up to look at the war wounds.

The Mrs said "You think you're still invisible"
"Don't get any blood on the good towels "

Oh the sympathy runs deep sometimes. :laughing7:
Though she did say I'd better get the Arnica on, because I'll be feeling hurts tomorrow.
View attachment 1937091

ARG !

Sorry missed this somehow... i am outta it lately here... sorry crew.

Hey Pepps... hope ya heal up well and soon... ya scurvy dog you.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom