What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Congrats, the hallmark is Frederick Goldman. It’s a pretty popular ring.
Thanks Evan....I had another one on Saturday.....it fooled me underwater and in the sand.....I thought for sure it was a keeper....it was a dud !!
20250909_153734.webp
 
I was listening to you guys talk about tooth problems the other day....since im here posting ill tell you why. Yesterday morning I drank a little shot glass size of blue liquid that my dentists assistant gave me !! She told me to sit down before you fall down !! She said in 15 minutes you will go night night and we will do our work !! I chatted with her politely for 10 minutes feeling nothing!! Then she said ok come lay down in the chair !! I dont remember anything after that !!
They knocked out all 16 lower teeth, did bone gratfts, flattened the jaw bone, placed 7 implants, and mounted a full bridge of 14? I think ... false teeth mounted to the implants. I woke up at noon for the drive home and slept till this morning at 5 am. I have very little pain, although I can feel a stitch or 2. There is no swelling, and I had a coffee this morning. I had no cavities, and all my teeth. They were nice and white !! I did have severe gingivitis about 7-8 years ago. They told me then the damage was done, and my teeth would start to loosen. This year in the middle of a 26 day fishing trip, my front lower started to get loose....then the next one, and then the next. I could have saved alot of teeth, and went through the long process of losing them one at a time, or do the teeth in a day thing !! 😬
So here i am....huh....total amazement got it all done at once for a small chest of my treasure....well honestly it was a huge chest of treasure 🤑 💰 but....im in disbelief....I almost put the full face mask on and went in the water, but I know I would've been grounded!! Im still very careful, but i cant believe it really doesn't hurt !! I have zero pain meds except ibuprofen !!
How much did this cost, if you don't mind saying, I have to do similar at some point.
 
How much did this cost, if you don't mind saying, I have to do similar at some point.
37,000 total cost with a upgraded permanent set of teeth in 6 months. These teeth are acrylic at the moment....after 6 months ill swap them for a zirconium set....apparently thats the best for long term. Took alot of gold rings out of the chest for this !! My aunt did it much cheaper in costarica....but no dentist wants to see her in the states now. So I opted for the more expensive route here in the states....I wish my insurance would have covered it, but that was not the case !!
 
37,000 total cost with a upgraded permanent set of teeth in 6 months. These teeth are acrylic at the moment....after 6 months ill swap them for a zirconium set....apparently thats the best for long term. Took alot of gold rings out of the chest for this !! My aunt did it much cheaper in costarica....but no dentist wants to see her in the states now. So I opted for the more expensive route here in the states....I wish my insurance would have covered it, but that was not the case !!
Wow!

Let me see now, a new vehicle and smoothies for the rest of my life or new teeth...HMMMMM!!
 
I've been wondering about the shot of blue juice to knock me out....I cant imagine what the hell is that strong !!? But I just remember waking up and it was done....I was very confused this morning having lost a day !! Im gonna call it the Cosby juice because they could have done more than surgery and I would not know the difference!! 😲 so far so good....im waiting for my wife to make some egg salad and mac and cheese....but i feel like I could eat anything at the moment.....I think what im feeling is the lack of pain from teeth that were hurting more than I thought....I was used to the discomfort, and the pain of the surgery is less than the pain of loose teeth !!
 
Wow!

Let me see now, a new vehicle and smoothies for the rest of my life or new teeth...HMMMMM!!
Yeah the sticker shock killed me and I had to do some major saving....I had to suffer for 6 months while I saved....I still owe some too.
 
I have a mechanic buddy that threw his phones away.
A real pain for the customer base-so sad too bad.
He used Siri for his phone needs.

Hi Siri 👋
(I won't be taking anything too serious around her)
It listens, but does it retain :dontknow:

He looked-the few in the room looked-now he has a phone again.😁

Phones were made at one time where the battery could be removed. (Eliminated pinging)
Now phones are made so they never shut off basically.
If the need for privacy/protection is an issue then a FARADAY bag/pouch/box is the answer.
I’ve actually never used Siri before
 
Thanks Evan....I had another one on Saturday.....it fooled me underwater and in the sand.....I thought for sure it was a keeper....it was a dud !!View attachment 2224456
I refound a forgotten and my carbide ring isn't as pretty.
But it has more value in scrap.
Though yours is pretty nice.

I wanted a core analysis done so the grinder took off the silver.

20250903_205202.webp
20250903_205221.webp
20250909_163018.webp
IMG_0045(1).webp
 
Have fun
It was 59 here this morning
I didn’t miss the Florida heat either
46F @ 7:45 AM
The highway was foggy, had to follow an OPP pick up for most of the trip. He was tailgating a car doing 50. Get to the passing lanes and he passed.
Then I go to pass and the Bit** goes 65 mph.
Some people's children 🙄
 
I saw your post, and your problem of separating the 2 metals....what have you come up with to separate them ?
I have a scrap broker looking at pricing and my go to smelter said they can process the buttons for me.
I have multiple options at the smelter of PMs.
Take back the silver ingots, and just pay for the processing fees.
Sell outright.
Smelt then sell.
Take payment in gold, silver, cash.
Which is a drive 3hrs to the city.

The scrap broker would be a direct sell more than likely.
 
I saw your post, and your problem of separating the 2 metals....what have you come up with to separate them ?
I originally thought 2 metals, but it's pure silver on top of the carbide/silver mix.
 
Yeah the sticker shock killed me and I had to do some major saving....I had to suffer for 6 months while I saved....I still owe some too.
Didn't you find a grill a while back? Wear it upside down or something...
You find implants while detecting...Run!
 
So I'm grabbing some lunch supplies at the local Fred Meyer. I use the self check out line as I learned how....scan ..weight... type of apple type things... In line in front of me is a gentleman wearing a Vietnam veteran hat. As always I say thank you for your service !
He says thank you for your support. Well he is entering the type of orange or tangerine and having trouble. I know that problem ! I see the self checkout help headed to help. A younger then me punk says hurry the F up old man ! I say have some respect ! Punk says F you and F him ! Great.... He reaches for what I assume is a knife. I wear 3x shirts as they are comfortable and I still have a beer gut, not sure why as I quit drinking a few years ago. Those shirts cover my gun when I open carry so I pull the shirt up over the gun. I'm shaking. Sunglasses come off. Some one in the back of the line says Hey dumb ass ! Do you know who that is? They will never find your body ! Punk looks at them....looks at me... standoff ! He sees my .45. Police show up, turns out they were there investigating a theft or something. Witnesses defend me as I never actually touched my pistol. Punk (he might have been a nice guy or a victim in today's society..) is 86ed from the store and told he could be charged with menacing or something I didn't hear the entire conversation. Officer asks the vet and I if we are okay as I'm jacked up and he said my eyes were a almost glowing blue. That happens when I enjoy cocaine ...years and years ago... or get pissed. I pull out my CCW permit and license and the officer says... we know you your good. How can these young cops know me ? Vet is outside when I leave and hugs me. He said good lord it's like hugging a bear !! I tear up, I'm almost crying, wuss Viking ! We have a conversation about... well everything. I now have been asked by him, and his friends and neighbors to place bids on all kinds of home repairs and projects.
Respect is not a hard thing to give. Turns out the lieutenant leading his platoon was killed and he was put in command, he did 2 tours and was a decorated vet involved in the Tet offensive I think he said. I will catch up on the posts as the random chat peeps are great !! I think I luv you guys ! And ladies of course.
 
Didn't you find a grill a while back? Wear it upside down or something...
You find implants while detecting...Run!

Well flavor flav is good friends with one of my in laws. They went to high-school together, and flav comes all the way to the keys to fish with him....he hasn't been down since Hurricane Irma though...maybe this year !!
 
So I'm grabbing some lunch supplies at the local Fred Meyer. I use the self check out line as I learned how....scan ..weight... type of apple type things... In line in front of me is a gentleman wearing a Vietnam veteran hat. As always I say thank you for your service !
He says thank you for your support. Well he is entering the type of orange or tangerine and having trouble. I know that problem ! I see the self checkout help headed to help. A younger then me punk says hurry the F up old man ! I say have some respect ! Punk says F you and F him ! Great.... He reaches for what I assume is a knife. I wear 3x shirts as they are comfortable and I still have a beer gut, not sure why as I quit drinking a few years ago. Those shirts cover my gun when I open carry so I pull the shirt up over the gun. I'm shaking. Sunglasses come off. Some one in the back of the line says Hey dumb ass ! Do you know who that is? They will never find your body ! Punk looks at them....looks at me... standoff ! He sees my .45. Police show up, turns out they were there investigating a theft or something. Witnesses defend me as I never actually touched my pistol. Punk (he might have been a nice guy or a victim in today's society..) is 86ed from the store and told he could be charged with menacing or something I didn't hear the entire conversation. Officer asks the vet and I if we are okay as I'm jacked up and he said my eyes were a almost glowing blue. That happens when I enjoy cocaine ...years and years ago... or get pissed. I pull out my CCW permit and license and the officer says... we know you your good. How can these young cops know me ? Vet is outside when I leave and hugs me. He said good lord it's like hugging a bear !! I tear up, I'm almost crying, wuss Viking ! We have a conversation about... well everything. I now have been asked by him, and his friends and neighbors to place bids on all kinds of home repairs and projects.
Respect is not a hard thing to give. Turns out the lieutenant leading his platoon was killed and he was put in command, he did 2 tours and was a decorated vet involved in the Tet offensive I think he said. I will catch up on the posts as the random chat peeps are great !! I think I luv you guys ! And ladies of course.
Wow...damn good thing your a viking !!🫡
 
So I'm grabbing some lunch supplies at the local Fred Meyer. I use the self check out line as I learned how....scan ..weight... type of apple type things... In line in front of me is a gentleman wearing a Vietnam veteran hat. As always I say thank you for your service !
He says thank you for your support. Well he is entering the type of orange or tangerine and having trouble. I know that problem ! I see the self checkout help headed to help. A younger then me punk says hurry the F up old man ! I say have some respect ! Punk says F you and F him ! Great.... He reaches for what I assume is a knife. I wear 3x shirts as they are comfortable and I still have a beer gut, not sure why as I quit drinking a few years ago. Those shirts cover my gun when I open carry so I pull the shirt up over the gun. I'm shaking. Sunglasses come off. Some one in the back of the line says Hey dumb ass ! Do you know who that is? They will never find your body ! Punk looks at them....looks at me... standoff ! He sees my .45. Police show up, turns out they were there investigating a theft or something. Witnesses defend me as I never actually touched my pistol. Punk (he might have been a nice guy or a victim in today's society..) is 86ed from the store and told he could be charged with menacing or something I didn't hear the entire conversation. Officer asks the vet and I if we are okay as I'm jacked up and he said my eyes were a almost glowing blue. That happens when I enjoy cocaine ...years and years ago... or get pissed. I pull out my CCW permit and license and the officer says... we know you your good. How can these young cops know me ? Vet is outside when I leave and hugs me. He said good lord it's like hugging a bear !! I tear up, I'm almost crying, wuss Viking ! We have a conversation about... well everything. I now have been asked by him, and his friends and neighbors to place bids on all kinds of home repairs and projects.
Respect is not a hard thing to give. Turns out the lieutenant leading his platoon was killed and he was put in command, he did 2 tours and was a decorated vet involved in the Tet offensive I think he said. I will catch up on the posts as the random chat peeps are great !! I think I luv you guys ! And ladies of course.

You could have punted the punk.
But good on you for helping the Veteran at check out.
Well , ya at check out.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom