What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Looks like chili needs to talk more 😃
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6519.webp
    IMG_6519.webp
    117.6 KB · Views: 31
Good morning everyone. Lots of rain in the area yesterday but most of it missed us. We got a bit over 3/4 of an inch, so I'm not complaining.
 
Had our heating system piping up sized premanifold as it too small from the 1".
New variable speed pump.
Now to get rid of the air out of the system. 5 hrs now, and some of the heaters still sound like wet farts.
Just the shiny is new, all compression type fittings. $12.95 per T fitting.

View attachment 2234341
That looks more complicated than Japanese arithmetic!
 
That looks more complicated than Japanese arithmetic!
It's actually not too complicated for a zoned out system. This system has controllers (the boxes) and they control the the call (when a zone needs heat). The boiler will kick in and produce 145F temp for the glycol, and it will heat the in floor 20 x20 master, or 11 registers (2 units are 10' long).
The system still has air in it from the work yesterday, so a cheater vent will be replaced on the section that is deadheaded (The vertical copper tree section)
The main vent above the boiler is going to have some new parts installed as it's not releasing the air. (plugged vent hole)
This system is actually quite simple compared to the ship we had in our other home build.
It had double the amount of zones.
 
Today is our 32nd anniversary !!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: I met her when she was 17. We have been a couple since 1989. Great cook, Mother, Grandmother now... (shhhh) knock your ass out queen.. (younger gun totin' now) Love of my life !!I have been digitizing older film pics for an album. I also have an old computer and flash drives to search. dvds, hard drive or 2.... I know I have a lot more photos !

View attachment 2234266


View attachment 2234267


View attachment 2234268




View attachment 2234274

View attachment 2234275
Congratulations OV
 
Last detect before the op. Im driving there and listening to some music enjoying the mountain scenery and songs interrupted by a call "....... are you ok, you were supposed to be here today at the hospital for pre admission to talk with the Dr and others about what they are going to do in the surgery".
Im "what? I must have missed the email, im an idiot can I still come im about an hr and a half away?"
Its been a whirlwind of scans and tests and appointments. I reckon iv driven over 1000 km in the past few weeks back and forwards. She said its ok, you've had lots of dates and appointments thrown at you in a really short time. Rebooked for Monday. Was hard to get into the mood detecting after that. Others had been there before me recently as there were fresh dig holes everywhere and they'd raked an area too clearing the leaf matter. Still got 7 little bits though. Started to get into it then the misses rang all depressed asking me to come home. :dontknow: One of those days.
Spot was just at the end of the small track.
101_1665 (1) (1).webp

The tree on the left had a small hive of feral bees. I didn't get to close a I had a bad encounter once with a hive of those. I zoomed right in.
101_1652 (1).webp


Found a little native bird nest that had been used and fallen on the ground. Woven grass and sheeps wool by the looks of it. Yep new gloves too. 😁
IMG_20251121_132615542_HDR (1) (1).webp

IMG_20251121_132643515 (1).webp

Seven bits though so was some fun.
IMG_20251121_183606916~2.webp

These old scales I got about 15 yrs ago and have been used thousands of times and still perfectly accurate. Got a new pair last week and their ok but not as good as this old one.
 
Last detect before the op. Im driving there and listening to some music enjoying the mountain scenery and songs interrupted by a call "....... are you ok, you were supposed to be here today at the hospital for pre admission to talk with the Dr and others about what they are going to do in the surgery".
Im "what? I must have missed the email, im an idiot can I still come im about an hr and a half away?"
Its been a whirlwind of scans and tests and appointments. I reckon iv driven over 1000 km in the past few weeks back and forwards. She said its ok, you've had lots of dates and appointments thrown at you in a really short time. Rebooked for Monday. Was hard to get into the mood detecting after that. Others had been there before me recently as there were fresh dig holes everywhere and they'd raked an area too clearing the leaf matter. Still got 7 little bits though. Started to get into it then the misses rang all depressed asking me to come home. :dontknow: One of those days.
Spot was just at the end of the small track.
View attachment 2234408
The tree on the left had a small hive of feral bees. I didn't get to close a I had a bad encounter once with a hive of those. I zoomed right in.
View attachment 2234409
View attachment 2234410
Found a little native bird nest that had been used and fallen on the ground. Woven grass and sheeps wool by the looks of it. Yep new gloves too. 😁
View attachment 2234411
View attachment 2234412
Seven bits though so was some fun.
View attachment 2234413
These old scales I got about 15 yrs ago and have been used thousands of times and still perfectly accurate. Got a new pair last week and their ok but not as good as this old one.
How much do you usually find a year as in nuggets?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom