THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rival hunter came up from marathon....he anchored off our local spot with his sailboat for 4 days....he used a hookah and an excal for the deep, and an equinox up in the shallows !! Pretty well worked it from one end to another. I will prove my point and go behind him and get a gold....other hunters are done with the spot for awhile, and that will leave it to me !! It ain't the machine....its the operator that gets the gold !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Rook, WD, Bart

Oh you have that same yearning to go and see what the other missed.
Remember running into a fellow detecting on a sandy stretch-well it was like the 2 magnet attraction as soon as I got close he'd dart away.
Game on!
So I used his footprints in the sand to follow-beep-dig-missed one! Repeat, repeat, repeat
If looks could kill-I'd be not writing this today.

Famous words-I already detected that out many years ago-Game on!
The challenge is deep, just how good were you in detecting a site out.

Best of luck on getting the gold Bart
Just send a text picture to him-"Thanks for getting rid of the clad/slaw/tabs-you made it easy" :laughing7:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Morning Rook, WD, Bart

Oh you have that same yearning to go and see what the other missed.
Remember running into a fellow detecting on a sandy stretch-well it was like the 2 magnet attraction as soon as I got close he'd dart away.
Game on!
So I used his footprints in the sand to follow-beep-dig-missed one! Repeat, repeat, repeat
If looks could kill-I'd be not writing this today.

Famous words-I already detected that out many years ago-Game on!
The challenge is deep, just how good were you in detecting a site out.

Best of luck on getting the gold Bart
Just send a text picture to him-"Thanks for getting rid of the clad/slaw/tabs-you made it easy" :laughing7:

Somebody should follow me around the campground then. :laughing9:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Daily forecast:

Mostly exhausted with 100% chance of needing coffee.

Scattered sarcastic comments throughout the afternoon. :toothy2:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart,

So true 2 guys detected most of the parks in Lachine for a 10 year period befor I started. So they probably figured they got it all since then I've scored about 25 or 30 gold rings, silver coins, silver jewelry, relics, large cents, etc.....go get 'em tiger!

Rival hunter came up from marathon....he anchored off our local spot with his sailboat for 4 days....he used a hookah and an excal for the deep, and an equinox up in the shallows !! Pretty well worked it from one end to another. I will prove my point and go behind him and get a gold....other hunters are done with the spot for awhile, and that will leave it to me !! It ain't the machine....its the operator that gets the gold !!

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

They never get it all!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody should follow me around the campground then. :laughing9:

I used to have a partner who hunted with me, (rip). If he looked behind himself as he was swinging and saw me following in his footsteps. He would throw rocks at me and yell at me to get outta there! :angel12:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I may....an etiquette, detecting question;

If somebody invites you to one of "their spots". Is it more polite, (when you find that 20 dollar gold piece). To just not tell them right then so you can say you found one....just somewhere else? :angel12:

Just so they don't get too frustrated? :tongue3:

Or, would you ask them up front if they'd rather not know while you're hunting their turf? :dontknow:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They never get it all!

This guy from marathon claims he had a run during covid at south beach last year.....30,000$ in 30 days !! Said he found a spot of hard bottom, that when he jumped in the first day he eyeballed 3 golds on the bottom in the first 5 minutes....he went on to average 1000$ a day !! WOW !! Not sure how much of that is bull but I once had an 8 gold ring day on some similar beach bottom !!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roger, I seen this and, well, I just got to know. Do you have Polish blood in you?

No Polish blood .I just like turning things ..into something else.:occasion14: Used them this morning out in the yard and...no snake bites :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread